Timber Bram

The noble Order of the Knights of Jubal traces its origins back to the Year Two Thousand A.D., when a group of distinguished persons of good and true character, founded the order to promote chivalry and honour. The order takes its name from our leader, Alexander Jubal McRae, who on two (so far) occasions has been seriously injured, in one case fatally, defending an innocent woman from attackers.

Moderators: Jamie, Greg

Timber Bram

Postby TimberBram on Sun Oct 27, 2002 4:58 pm

I regret to inform the Keenspot community that the individual generally known a Timber Bram will no longer be hanging around.

His legal identity -- Eric Timothy Baars of Surrey, BC, Canada -- went home to be with his Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ on Ocotber 23, 2002.

He had been dealing with untreatable cancer for several years.

He wants you to know that he has greatly apppreaciated the many friends and acquaintances he has met and regrets that he was not able to make his farewells in "person".

FINAL WORDS
I want to thank the incredible cartoonists, writers, artists, and fans with whom I have had the pleasure of interacting. In no particular order, I want to acknowledge these people:
TechnoWolf
Lord Emsworth
Vince Suzukawa - The Class Menagerie
Jamie Robertson - Clan of the Cats
Sir Gregory, Sir Alexander, Lady Tabias, Sir Howard Tayler, Sir Howard Seelye, and the other Knights of the Order of Jubal - PIQE always and thanks
Eric the Ogredude
Askre - sorry to leave you without an editor
LionkingCMSL - loved those RP universe stories
Loxley - your stories are excellent; in spite of our differences, I wish you well
The rest of the gang at TCM's forum
John Robey - NeverNever and The Suburban Jungle
Jeff Darlington - General Protection Fault

This list is by no means complete. I thought it would be best to thank everyone I could remember, rather than not thank anyone at all.

I really have appreciated everyone who commented on my stories and comic strip, as well.

Please contact my executor, Jeanette Gordon, jjgordon@shaw.ca if you require any information.

In the Name Above All Names, Jesus Christ my Saviour and Lord, for the final time (posthumously)...

Peace,
Tim Bram, in real life Eric Baars.
Amen.
TimberBram
Keenspot Despot

Goodbye Sir Timber

Postby Jamie on Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:49 pm

We have all lost a great soul, a great spirit here within the Order. Sir Timber personified the essence of the KOJ better than anyone. His passing will affect us all greatly. I know he would want us to go on and to do as much as possible within the Order. Most of all we have lost a good friend. Tim was one of the truly good guys in this world. He will be greatly missed.

Jamie
Jamie, KCI in the Order of the Knights of Jubal
Probi Immotiqve Este: Be virtuous and cool. PIQE.
Clan of the Cats
Melpomene: The Chaos Orb: An online graphic novel by Jamie Robertson and Clint Hollingsworth
Sebo: A weekly webcomic about a girl and her cat.
NCWCCC

"I don't believe in atheism." - Hawkeye Pierce M*A*S*H*
"Some times the Magic works. Some times it doesn't." - Cheif Dan George Little Big Man
Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kanaeda Kuonji on Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:15 pm

Oh man...not Timber...*kneels* Timber Bram, I shall remember you as a great knight and a good friend. I wish you godspeed on a journey in which I may follow when my life comes to an end...

I thank you, and farewell...
Kanaeda Kuonji
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

My condolences

Postby Thalass on Mon Oct 28, 2002 6:13 am

Perhaps it's not my place to comment as I didn't know Timber Bram. But I think I should:

Although I never really got to know Timber Bram. But I'm sure that with freinds like these he must have been a great man. And that he chose to say thanks on his deathbed means he truely valued your friendship and art.

I am saddened by this news and that I couldn't get to know him. I am honoured to be involved in the same Order as him.

I wish him a safe journey on his way to meet his God. And I wish his family my condolences.

Ben Rypstra
Thalass
Keenspot Despot

Postby Silver Adept on Mon Oct 28, 2002 6:47 am

It is known that for thousands of years, the strong have preyed upon the weak...

What I didn't know untli now was that Tim was fighting cancer that preyed upon him. He never let on about any of his personal difficulties, and was forever encouraging others to strive higher.

May the angels guide you to your rest, Eric Baars, Knight Commander of the Order of Jubal in life, and may God find you worthy to join him in His work.

May the name of Eric Baars forever be remembered, and may his work continue on even after.

Words fail me. They cannot do justice...
Sir Alexander, KCI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
Now accepting positions in M-Division. Come see what Science and Magic together can make! Apply by PM or post!
And now the creator of my own comic! Go see Faces
Gots a LiveJournal now. It's here!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Rei on Sat Nov 02, 2002 8:59 pm

it is with sorrow that i have learnt of the passing of Timber Bran. But I will not stay sad, because i know that if anyone deserves a place in his heaven, it is he.

may a flight of angels sing thee to thy rest...

rei
who feels that she is better for having know him, however peripherally
Rei
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Eqvites Ivbalis, Order of the Knights of Jubal