I know it has been a while

The noble Order of the Knights of Jubal traces its origins back to the Year Two Thousand A.D., when a group of distinguished persons of good and true character, founded the order to promote chivalry and honour. The order takes its name from our leader, Alexander Jubal McRae, who on two (so far) occasions has been seriously injured, in one case fatally, defending an innocent woman from attackers.

Moderators: Jamie, Greg

I know it has been a while

Postby Kanaeda Kuonji on Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:18 am

But college has run me ragged, and the problems over the summer didn't help.

Progress report on the book:

I've had a hard time gathering the sources I need. I'm taking my time with each chapter so it will be done right. I'll let you guys know when they are ready, and may even post them if the MB will let me.
Kanaeda Kuonji
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Silver Adept on Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:29 am

Good to know you're still around, and still working on it. Let us know about your progress.
Sir Alexander, KCI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
Now accepting positions in M-Division. Come see what Science and Magic together can make! Apply by PM or post!
And now the creator of my own comic! Go see Faces
Gots a LiveJournal now. It's here!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kanaeda Kuonji on Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:22 pm

Okay, I have a basic outline as to what I want to do, but real life has really bitten me in the rear the past few months, and I was forced to put it on the backburner:

Intro:

Deals with the history of battling ignorance and sets about the purpose: of not only identifying the problem, but treating it.

Chapter 1 sets out to deal with things that one must expect in battling it. For example, I have found that the truth tends to tick people off at first. Be sure to give them a moment to calm down before continuing.

Other chapters will show how any person can work towards battling ignorance and bigotry in their town.

I'll see if I can pull myself away from my college life long enough to do this. That won't be easy, and my life has been hectic the past few months.

But...you know what? I have little to lose anyway...college is about to screw me over big time, and it is out of my hands. I owe it to a friend of mine to do this. Wish me luck all, I just might need it.
Kanaeda Kuonji
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Darth Paradox on Sun Oct 27, 2002 9:36 pm

Not only do you have a wish of luck from me - you have an offer of help. If you need any proofreading, editing, or anything from me (and I'm sure there are many others among the Order that wouuld be willing to help), let me/us know.
Darth Paradox
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kanaeda Kuonji on Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:10 am

I really can't promise you guys anything, as my personal problems have only gotten worse since I started. No sooner do I get out of one jam, than I somehow get into two problems that are even worse...

On the side, my greatest fear is that I am about to get the screws put on me at the College I am attending...something about a foreign language requisite that I didn't even know existed before a few weeks ago.

In addition, finding good sources is difficult. I have been looking for a work by the late Carl Sagan called "The Demon-Haunted World" as I find that something called the Baloney Detector may prove useful to the individual in determining a good argument from rubbish.

I'll do what I can.
Kanaeda Kuonji
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

the book

Postby Thalass on Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:36 pm

Hey, mate. Could you sling me a copy of that book when you're finished? Things are gettin' really bad over here with that sort of thing.

I'd pay, of course. :)
De liefdesslaaf van Mellie.
Special Effects officer, Funky Horror - More bang for your buck!

His Holiness, Pope Thalass T'Kynn, KSC - Protector of Space Pirates, future King of the Frisians.

--><--
Thalass
Keenspot Despot

Postby AltheaMorgan on Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:44 pm

Kanaeda, I would also like to offer my assisstance to you in proofreading, editing, etcetera. Just ask and I'm sure lots of us would be willing to lend a hand.
---
Nicole, C.I.
AltheaMorgan
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Rei on Sat Nov 02, 2002 8:56 pm

and my offer of 'any help i can provide' still stands ;)
Rei
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kanaeda Kuonji on Mon Nov 04, 2002 8:12 pm

I thank you all for your support...once I get my life straightened out, I'm getting right on it.

In a nutshell, things are a mess. I got caught in a foreign language requirement I had no idea existed, and I have some requirements left before I can graduate college and move on with my life. But I am definitely doing this.
Kanaeda Kuonji
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Eqvites Ivbalis, Order of the Knights of Jubal