The LAW (read now!)

The noble Order of the Knights of Jubal traces its origins back to the Year Two Thousand A.D., when a group of distinguished persons of good and true character, founded the order to promote chivalry and honour. The order takes its name from our leader, Alexander Jubal McRae, who on two (so far) occasions has been seriously injured, in one case fatally, defending an innocent woman from attackers.

Moderators: Jamie, Greg

Postby Arrus on Sun Nov 10, 2002 10:24 pm

Oy, what's so hypocritical about the Ventrue, eh? At least they're not the Tremere...
~Arrus, CI in the Knights of Jubal.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
-Abraham Maslow
This post brought to you by the People's Council for the Proper Use of the English Language.

New Avatar test!
Arrus
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Marcos on Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:02 am

I found this while looking through the North Carolina criminal code: http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/Statutes/Ge ... 4-177.html

[quote]SUBCHAPTER VII. OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC MORALITY AND DECENCY.
Article 26.
Offenses against Public Morality and Decency.
Marcos
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ff0ecaf on Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:59 pm

In my hometown of Schererville, Indiana, it is illegal to drive around without a shotgun mounted on your dashboard.

In Chicago, it is illegal to drive at night without someone walking 50 feet infront of the car with a lantern.

Both of these laws are still "in the books," but niether are enforced.
ff0ecaf
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Arrus on Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:34 am

But the Assamites have Thaumaturgical prowess as well, and they're not schmucks. Come to think of it, the Setites have a good bit on their side in Thaum as well, not to mention some Ravnos. And Humanity is absolute, I'm afraid. Killing is killing, whether in self-defense or an evil being or whatnot.

As for laws...it's odd how things remain on the books so long, yet no one enforces them. Until someone brings 'em up, they really can't be change.
~Arrus, CI in the Knights of Jubal.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
-Abraham Maslow
This post brought to you by the People's Council for the Proper Use of the English Language.

New Avatar test!
Arrus
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Brightblade on Thu Nov 21, 2002 1:18 am

Heh... where I'm from we have this law that Jewelers and Smiths of Valuable Metals may "openly and unhindered" carry swords for self-defence. Neat law, ain't it?

And as for some info on me, I'm from the grand Kingdom of Denmark (yeah, we're almost SEVEN million people living there, FEAR us! hehe...) I'm 20 summers of age and recently began the study of the wonderful world of prehistoric archaeology.
I more or less just listen to what music I think sounds good, I hate putting something as supposedly free as art into genres and stalls, so I won't get into that. I don't talk to my shoes, because I'm usually too busy being exhausted by homework or spending quality time with my 'pack'.
Anything else people wanna know, just ask. ^_^

Brightblade, CI
"He who goes forth in life without sympathy, walks to his own funeral dressed in a shroud."

-Walt Whitman-
Brightblade
Junior Keenspotter

Postby ff0ecaf on Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:58 pm

i want to live there, and sell jewels, so i can legally carry a sword

:D
ff0ecaf
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Thalass on Thu Nov 21, 2002 11:47 pm

Ogredude wrote:the "no gum chewing in public" law is an actual law in Singapore which IS enforced ($250 fine I believe).

Some other laws that I know of from Singapore:

Failure to flush a public lavatory - $250 fine
Littering (even dropping a small piece of paper) - $500 fine
Smoking in public - $250 fine

Singapore has pretty much an authoritarian government and very few freedoms. You'd have to pay me a *LOT* to live there.

I don't think Singapore is all that bad, as long as you don't break the law.

Of course the cops there carry submachine guns around with them, so I would be going well out of my way to stay within the law! hahaha

Hmm... Denmark you say? Sword, huh? Methinks I'll be moving there! hahaha
Thalass
Keenspot Despot

Heres Law for you

Postby J'Bar, CI on Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:28 pm

It it against the law in ALabama To pour salt on a railroad track.

Punishable by death!!!!!!!

Jeff barnes, CI
When The Coyote Dreams
Anything can happen
J'Bar, CI
Junior Keenspotter

Previous

Return to Eqvites Ivbalis, Order of the Knights of Jubal