The LAW (read now!)

The noble Order of the Knights of Jubal traces its origins back to the Year Two Thousand A.D., when a group of distinguished persons of good and true character, founded the order to promote chivalry and honour. The order takes its name from our leader, Alexander Jubal McRae, who on two (so far) occasions has been seriously injured, in one case fatally, defending an innocent woman from attackers.

Moderators: Jamie, Greg

Postby Smithburg on Mon Mar 18, 2002 9:39 am

Since the forum is moving so slowly i figured id try to liven it up a little by showing you some laws which are a little... wierd.

1. In Kansas, rabbits may not be shot from motorboats and pedestrians crossing the road at night must wear taillights.
2. In Topeka, Kansas, the installation of bathtubs is prohibited
3. In louisiana, gargling in public places is illegal, and it is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot the bank teller with a water pistol.
4. In Maryland, thistles may not grow in ones backyard.
5. In baltimore city, Maryland, its illegal to throw bales of hay from a second story building within city limits.
6. In South Carolina, all schools must produce a suitable program for Francis Willard Day, and every adult male must bring a rifle to church on Sunday to ward off indian attacks.
7. In Fountain inn, SC, all horses must wear pants at all times.
8. In Texas, it is illegal to milk another persons cow, Also the entire encyclopedia Brittanica is banned.
9. It is illegal to drive without windshield wipers, you dont need a windshield, just the wipers.
10. A recently passed anti-crime law states that criminals must give victims 24 hours notice, whether verbal or written, before the crime.
11. In Houston Texas, Limburger cheese is not allowed to be sold on Sunday.
12. In Richardson Texas, it is illegal to place a For Sale sign on a car within viewing distance of the road.

That is all for now. See if you can find some of your own! :smile:
-Mike-
Smithburg
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby AltheaMorgan on Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:21 pm

I've got a couple of laws, but I can't remember what state/cities their from:

-It is illegal to chew gum in public.
-It is illegal to talk in an elevator. (I'm pretty sure this is New York, but it might be Boise, Idaho)

Sorry I can't tell everyone what the states are, but I can't remember...

~Nicole, C.I.
---
P.I.Q.E.
AltheaMorgan
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Smithburg on Tue Mar 19, 2002 6:23 am

The whole point of this is to have people post more, so far its been viewed 12 times and only one post, write something! Anything! Otherwise this forum... will... get... bor... boring.... ::snore::

-Mike-
Smithburg
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Silver Adept on Tue Mar 19, 2002 6:43 am

Hehe! Nice ones. I think there's a law somewhere that states that donkey's can't sleep in bathtubs...
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Smithburg on Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:33 am

Something is not right here, I post this entire thing just to GET PEOPLE TAKING!!! It isn't hard you know, just start saying whatever comes to mind, like what music do you listen to? Where do you live? How old are you? What sports do you play? Do you talk to your shoes? SOMETHING!! If you want to keep a forum going you need communication. Say it with me people COMMUNICATION, C-O-M-M-U-N-I-C-A-T-I-O-N. That wasn't hard was it? Now anyone want to say something or shall I continue ranting?

-Mike-
Smithburg
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Silver Adept on Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:53 am

Hmm. Sonuds interesting. Right now I'm at university, trying hard to get higher education and failing miserably... and right now on an anime kick at the moment.

Love and Peace.
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby BandMan2K on Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:44 am

well, didn't think things would be this bad. Of course it's been a while since i posted in this board, but what the hey.

Let's see... I don't talk to my shoes, but I do have conversations with myself, usually trying to solve problems. Big Anime Otaku here folks.

Course most of the things I've seen are illegal since they aren't available here in USA, but guess what? I don't care! HA HA HA!

I'm 20 and like Silver (who is my best bud IRL BTW) I think I'm in deep shit at college.
Maybe it's because I haven't turned in practially any of my work since classes started in January. *You think?*

I can be a bit crazy, yet I've got a heart of gold, here you can see for yourself.

*Pulls chest open and exposes Golden Heart*
Sir Howard S., KI
Order of the Knights of Jubal
PIQE
Cauca fides est hostis veritatis
(Blind Faith is the Enemy of Truth)
BandMan2K
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Suelyn on Wed Mar 27, 2002 9:10 pm

On 2002-03-25 09:33, Smithburg wrote:
like what music do you listen to? Where do you live? How old are you? What sports do you play? Do you talk to your shoes?

Ok, I listen to whatever I happen to listen to. Hey I just listen to it, I don't know what it is.
I live in Brisbane, Australia.
I'm twenty-something. (I'm in denial about it ok, just don't ask)
I occasionally play tennis, but only if my computer isn't talking to me.
I don't often talk to my shoes.

Happy Now? You pushed me out of a really good lurk I was having. I mean I managed to avoid commenting on all sorts of stuff, and now I'm ruining my reputation as a lurker by actually <B>POSTING</B> something.

<i>retreats back under her rock</i>

Suelyn
Suelyn
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Silver Adept on Thu Mar 28, 2002 6:53 am

*picks up the rock and heaves it several hundred miles away.*

I'm Sorry Dave, but I Can't Let You Do That.
Sir Alexander, KCI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
Now accepting positions in M-Division. Come see what Science and Magic together can make! Apply by PM or post!
And now the creator of my own comic! Go see Faces
Gots a LiveJournal now. It's here!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Smithburg on Thu Mar 28, 2002 11:13 am

MWAHAHAHAAAA
Smithburg
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby reia on Fri Mar 29, 2002 1:34 am

rofl

i listen to...well, a lot of stuff, but right now i'm listening to The Smiths, Best of vol 1

**grooves along**

I'm also procrastinating instead of working...but when i do get off my butt and do my thang, i'm an academic and ph.d student...oh, and another aussie

rei
happy to be backkkkk
reia
Junior Keenspotter

Postby PhoenixPaw on Fri Mar 29, 2002 4:48 pm

Ohk, lets see.
*checks his list*
First off, i've been without internet connection for 3 months. Nearly killed me, but never mind.

Secondly, I remeber having seen a law of North Carolina where it say that chicken may not lay eggs from 16pm to 8 am. (How on earth do you enforce such a law?)

Thirdly, I'm a Swede who listens to (among other) KaTe Bush, Jethro Tull, Magnum and Marillion. I sometimes speak to/with my relatives and my friends. It have happened that I've talked to myself, but so far I've never talked to my shoes.
PhoenixPaw
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby einstien5201 on Sun Nov 03, 2002 6:30 pm

I'm almost 19 (19 more days!), I live in Omaha, Nebraska, and I listen mostly to Country music, though I've been on a big 80's kick recently. I'm a big fan of anything sci-fi, fantasy, or anime. I've even been to three anime conventions :D Go me and all that. I'm taking a year off from school so I can earn money to go again.
William Anderegg, CI
einstien5201
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Thalass on Sun Nov 03, 2002 6:55 pm

Smithburg wrote:
...Also the entire encyclopedia Brittanica is banned....

-Mike-

That explains a few things. :roll:

well, I don't talk to my shoes, but I've been known to talk to my car. Usually when it's not in the mood to go anywhere, and then usually swearing at the top of my voice! haha

I'm listening to Primus - Mephesto and Kevin (from chefaid) and next on the playlist is Regurgitator - The Man Pt1. And I'm downloading a few Blind Guardian and Iced Earth songs and some 'gurge and Rammstien too!

Um... I'm 183cm tall at last count, skinny and not very strong as I avoid excercise like the plauge! :D Although if I can find one of those swordmanship club-things I'd join. I reckon that's the best way to get fit: bash someone over the head with a sword whilst wearing heavy armour! :lol:

I'm *trying* to learn Dutch before next April cos I'm going to the Nethelands for a family bash - if I can get the leave from work, that is.

Um, that's about it. Nothing really special. heh

oh! and Excalibur by Blind Guardian and Iced Earth has just started! Kick arse song! hahaha
De liefdesslaaf van Mellie.
Special Effects officer, Funky Horror - More bang for your buck!

His Holiness, Pope Thalass T'Kynn, KSC - Protector of Space Pirates, future King of the Frisians.

--><--
Thalass
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ogredude on Mon Nov 04, 2002 11:00 am

the "no gum chewing in public" law is an actual law in Singapore which IS enforced ($250 fine I believe).

Some other laws that I know of from Singapore:

Failure to flush a public lavatory - $250 fine
Littering (even dropping a small piece of paper) - $500 fine
Smoking in public - $250 fine

Singapore has pretty much an authoritarian government and very few freedoms. You'd have to pay me a *LOT* to live there.
Ogredude
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Doth on Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:20 pm

PhoenixPaw wrote:Ohk, lets see.

Thirdly, I'm a Swede who listens to (among other) KaTe Bush, Jethro Tull, Magnum and Marillion.

Wow, it's been quite some time since I heard anyone even admit to having heard of Marillion. Let alone liking them.
In addition to liking Marillion and Magnum, I also enjoy listening to (and singing along with) The Sisters of Mercy, Bauhaus, The Cure, Duran Duran, Shriekback and Warren Zevon. Okay, so there isn't a lot of "modern" music there. Never mind.

On the subject of strange laws, there is one law from the middle east somewhere (I forget where exactly, it might be Bahrain) which says that it is only permissable for a male to have intercourse with a sheep if the sheep is female. I believe intercourse with a male sheep is punishable by death. It is also forbidden to eat the sheep which you have had intercourse with.
There is another middle eastern law which says that although male doctors _are_ allowed to examine a female's genitals, they are not allowed to view them directly. They must use a mirror.
In Guam (I think) virgins are forbidden to marry. There are men employed to travel around and deflower virgins so that they can get married.

Doth
Doth
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Arrus on Tue Nov 05, 2002 11:53 am

There are some states where it's technically illegal for men with moustaches to kiss women.

http://www.dumblaws.com

Fun, fun stuff.

It'd make even the most hide-bound Ventrue stand up and go "hey, wait a moment!"
~Arrus, CI in the Knights of Jubal.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
-Abraham Maslow
This post brought to you by the People's Council for the Proper Use of the English Language.

New Avatar test!
Arrus
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby AltheaMorgan on Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:54 pm

We were just talking about the laws in Singapore today in one of my social sciences classes. We thought it would be fun to institute some of their systems in a state and see how it went.

I live in a suburb of Syracuse, New York, USA. I'm sixteen, but I'll be seventeen in two weeks. I normally don't talk to my shoes. I used to play tennis and softball, but I went on an extended hiatus because of an injury in my wrist (I never liked tennis anyway). I've just resumed bowling, which is great, because it's really fun to be on a bowling team. Most of the time it's just goofing off, and if we place, hey, that's nice, too.

As for music, I'm all over the place. I've been listening to a lot of Disturbed lately (I really want to see their concert here in December), and also quite a bit of Bj
AltheaMorgan
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Doth on Wed Nov 06, 2002 1:06 pm

Arrus wrote:It'd make even the most hide-bound Ventrue stand up and go "hey, wait a moment!"

There is _no_ law too anal retentive for a Ventrue. Uptight so-and-sos that they are :wink:

Doth, who tends to play Gangrels
Doth
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Thalass on Fri Nov 08, 2002 8:44 pm

Um. Stupid question: What is a Ventrue? :o
De liefdesslaaf van Mellie.
Special Effects officer, Funky Horror - More bang for your buck!

His Holiness, Pope Thalass T'Kynn, KSC - Protector of Space Pirates, future King of the Frisians.

--><--
Thalass
Keenspot Despot

Next

Return to Eqvites Ivbalis, Order of the Knights of Jubal