Oregonians take a peek..

The noble Order of the Knights of Jubal traces its origins back to the Year Two Thousand A.D., when a group of distinguished persons of good and true character, founded the order to promote chivalry and honour. The order takes its name from our leader, Alexander Jubal McRae, who on two (so far) occasions has been seriously injured, in one case fatally, defending an innocent woman from attackers.

Moderators: Jamie, Greg

Postby Thorn on Sat Jan 19, 2002 3:52 am

Myself, I don't know much about the folks who belong to this Order (personally speaking, that is), so I've no clue of whether anyone grasps what I'm talking about. But the point is, here in Oregon we have a wonderful program called Outdoor School. It's primary purpose is to educate children (more specifically, sixth-graders) about the basic concepts of environmental science and ecology, but as a high-school student who has counselled there more than once I can also tell you that it is a very special sort of place, and as many lessons are learned there about respect, tolerance, and love as about science.<P>There is only one problem. Thanks to the cuts the educational system has suffered in costs, the school board is (or so I have been told) planning on stopping the funding for the program. Naturally, neither I nor the staff-members and counsellors who've put so much effort into it for practically nothing (or literally nothing, in the case of the high-school student leaders) but the reward of doing it want this to happen.<P>Again, this is a local concern mostly, and I apologize to those who think it doesn't belong here. But I would like to sort of put the call out for anyone living in the Oregon area to take a look at this- find out the information, as I don't know it all, and help us let the administration know how amazing this program is and what it would mean to shut it down. The people who help run the place are desperately looking for an alternative source of funds, but I don't know how successful they have been.<P>Also, if anyone finds a way that I personally can help (I don't have money, but I do have lots of time on my hands), please let me know about it. I can be reached at plaidpaladin@hotmail.com.<P>Colin.
Thorn
Junior Keenspotter

Return to Eqvites Ivbalis, Order of the Knights of Jubal