Pledge Oaths Here (12-7-01)

The noble Order of the Knights of Jubal traces its origins back to the Year Two Thousand A.D., when a group of distinguished persons of good and true character, founded the order to promote chivalry and honour. The order takes its name from our leader, Alexander Jubal McRae, who on two (so far) occasions has been seriously injured, in one case fatally, defending an innocent woman from attackers.

Moderators: Jamie, Greg

The oath of the Night's Watch.

Postby rattleshirt on Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:54 am

This is a little modified from the original but it is the oath I took.

Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms. I pledge my life and honor to the Nights Watch for this night and all the nights to come.

The ideals are similar but I'm not sure if my involvemnt with the Night's Watch conflicts with joining the Order.

Rattleshirt of the Night's Watch
Injustice is relatively easy to bear; it is justice that hurts.-H.L. Mencken
rattleshirt
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Arrus on Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:10 pm

I've been meaning to do this for some time, but I finally seem to have found the impetus to do so. Here I go.

I, Warren M. Schnur-Holmes, native son of New York City and the United States of America, swear myself to the following oath, and commit myself to upholding it.
In a world filled willed hatred, bigotry and suffering, I will strive to alleviate pain, assist those in need, defend the weak and defenseless and act with honor at all times. Should there be need, I shall bring justice to the deserving, always tempered with wisdom and mercy, while my word will become known as my bond. Where there is misery and suffering, I shall seek always to change these to joy and wellbeing. Where there is intolerence and ignorence I shall seek to educate. I shall bring amusement and small gestures of kindness to those around me, for a good deed aids anyone, whether they show a sign of needing it or not. By setting an example, I hope to bring others to similar convictions, but without growing the trappings of ego or forcing my views on others. To these ends, do I swear my oath, and in its service I shall put aside fear for courage and death for life, when it is right to do so, until such a time as I am no longer able to fulfill my oaths or duties. I swear to uphold this for men and women alike, for those of any nation, race or religion, and shall attempt to block out even my own personal feelings in some matters. I swear it shall be so.

Sorry about the length..that's what I feel. What I think is important. If I misunderstood how one is to swear in, phrasing the basic statements well, then I apologize. But this is me. I hope you'll have me. E-mail is LawgiversLegacy@aol.com, though it may change soon.
~Arrus, CI in the Knights of Jubal.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
-Abraham Maslow
This post brought to you by the People's Council for the Proper Use of the English Language.

New Avatar test!
Arrus
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jamie on Thu Oct 10, 2002 5:28 pm

Arrus wrote:I've been meaning to do this for some time, but I finally seem to have found the impetus to do so. Here I go.

I, Warren M. Schnur-Holmes, native son of New York City and the United States of America, swear myself to the following oath, and commit myself to upholding it.
In a world filled willed hatred, bigotry and suffering, I will strive to alleviate pain, assist those in need, defend the weak and defenseless and act with honor at all times. Should there be need, I shall bring justice to the deserving, always tempered with wisdom and mercy, while my word will become known as my bond. Where there is misery and suffering, I shall seek always to change these to joy and wellbeing. Where there is intolerence and ignorence I shall seek to educate. I shall bring amusement and small gestures of kindness to those around me, for a good deed aids anyone, whether they show a sign of needing it or not. By setting an example, I hope to bring others to similar convictions, but without growing the trappings of ego or forcing my views on others. To these ends, do I swear my oath, and in its service I shall put aside fear for courage and death for life, when it is right to do so, until such a time as I am no longer able to fulfill my oaths or duties. I swear to uphold this for men and women alike, for those of any nation, race or religion, and shall attempt to block out even my own personal feelings in some matters. I swear it shall be so.

Sorry about the length..that's what I feel. What I think is important. If I misunderstood how one is to swear in, phrasing the basic statements well, then I apologize. But this is me. I hope you'll have me. E-mail is LawgiversLegacy@aol.com, though it may change soon.

It is with a great honor that I welcome Warren M. Schnur-Holmes into the Order of the Knights of Jubal. You are now a Companion within the Order. Please present the letters CI to your signature if you wish. We grow stronger with your presence!

(Sir) Jamie, KCI in the Order of the Knights of Jubal
Probi Immotiqve Este: Be virtuous and cool. PIQE.

Clan of the Cats
Jamie, KCI in the Order of the Knights of Jubal
Clan of the Cats
Melpomene: The Chaos Orb: An online graphic novel by Jamie Robertson and Clint Hollingsworth
Sebo: A weekly webcomic about a girl and her cat.
NCWCCC

"I don't believe in atheism." - Hawkeye Pierce M*A*S*H*
"Some times the Magic works. Some times it doesn't." - Cheif Dan George Little Big Man
Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Joining the high and ancient Order of the Knights of Jubal

Postby openthrottle on Tue Oct 15, 2002 11:02 pm

I, Simon Stahl, alias Duke Standtall of Exeter, do pledge that I shall uphold the right, even at the cost of my life; Meter even handed justice, tempered with mercy; Assist and defend others; And strive to act with honor at all times. This actions shall serve to qualify me for entry in the most high and ancient Order of the Knights of Jubal.

I hereby affix my 'hand' to this oath on this day, the fifteenth of October in the year two-thousand and two.
X__Simon Stahl__

It is with great joy that I join the ranks of my fellow equites.
^^

*Kneels to patiently await knighthood*
openthrottle
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Silver Adept on Wed Oct 16, 2002 5:33 am

Arise, Simon Stahl, and be welcome! I, as a fully vested Knight Commander of Jubal, do hearby welcome you into our ranks and proclaim you a Companion of Jubal. You may affix the letters CI after your name.

Good to have you here.
Sir Alexander, KCI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
Now accepting positions in M-Division. Come see what Science and Magic together can make! Apply by PM or post!
And now the creator of my own comic! Go see Faces
Gots a LiveJournal now. It's here!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Riverbard on Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:15 am

Hello all,

I swore the oath back in June on the KOJ Yahoo Group. I figured that I should post it here in the forums. It also includes the response.

Date: Thu Jun 6, 2002 12:22 am
Subject: Re: My pledge

--- In theknightsofjubal@y..., "riverbard" wrote:
> *Steps in, pulling the cloak hood back*
>
> Hello everyone. My name is Glenn Albertini. I followed the link on
> the CotC site to the Orders' webpage. I would be honored if I may
> submit this, my pledge to those assembled.
>
> I, Glenn Albertini, acting under the name of RiverBard, do solemnly
> swear and commit to:
>
> Uphold the right, even at the cost of my life;
> Meter even handed justice, tempered with mercy;
> Assist and defend others;
> and to strive to act with honour at all times.
>
> My I do nothing if not add to the strength and honor I see here.
>
> Blessings,
> RiverBard
>
> P.I.Q.E.

Greetings, Riverbard.

Welcome to the Order. (Acknowledgement of any Knight is all that is
required.)

Your name will be added to the list of Companions on the ivbalis.org
website in due course. As Companion of the Knights of Jubal, you can
use the initials "C.I." after your name if you wish.

Peace and PIQE,
(Sir) Timber Bram, KI Eqvites Ivbalis
Knight-Scrivener of the Order of Jubal
"A person cannot touch another without they themselves being touched." -- My Law of interaction

Riverbard, CI
Riverbard
Junior Keenspotter

My Oath

Postby einstien5201 on Sun Nov 03, 2002 12:49 am

I, William Christopher Anderegg, before God and my fellow man, do solemnly swear and commit to uphold the right, though it cost my even my life; to meter even-handed justice, tempered with mercy; assist and defend others, regardless of who they are or how I feel for them; and to strive, with all my heart, mind, and soul, to act with honor at all times.
einstien5201
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Silver Adept on Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:11 pm

With great pride do I welcome William Christopher Anderegg to the Knights of Jubal. You have been granted Companion status and may affix the letters CI after your name.

We grow stronger with your presence!
Sir Alexander, KCI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
Now accepting positions in M-Division. Come see what Science and Magic together can make! Apply by PM or post!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Silver Adept on Mon Nov 04, 2002 6:57 am

Sworn to us over e-mail:

I, David J. Stayduhar- hencetoforth known as Palin Orion Pax, do solemnly swear and commit to:

Uphold the right, even at the cost of my life;
Meter even handed justice, tempered with mercy;
Assist and defend others;
and to strive to act with honour at all times.

As God is my witness, I swear to uphold this oath.

And so I welcome David J. Stayduhar, aka Palin Orion Pax, into the Knights of Jubal, you may affix the letters CI after your name. We grow stronger with your presence.
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

An Oath

Postby Ivan Darkraven on Mon Nov 04, 2002 1:27 pm

Kneeling before the assembled group, the dark stranger removes a silvered dagger. He slices his palm and clenches his fist allowing the blood to flow from his hand to the ground below. With his head bowed in respect he swears the oath

"I, Ivan Darkraven, do solemnly swear:

To uphold the right, even at the cost of my life;
To meter out even handed justice, and to temper that justice with mercy;
To assist and defend those who are unable to;
and to strive at all times to act with honor and uphold the codes of Brotherhood and Chivalry.

This I do most solemnly swear and affirm upon my life's blood."

"His head bowed in reverence,he wraps his hand, silently awaiting their answer"
Ivan Darkraven (Member of the Order of Life} CI

"To Live a moment in Dishonor ..... That would to be truly in Hell...." Ivan D.

Just remember all things are possible if you have faith
Ivan Darkraven
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Silver Adept on Tue Nov 05, 2002 6:51 am

"Rise, Ivan Darkraven, and get a bandage. Err... be welcome into the Order of Jubal. You may affix the letters CI after your name. We grow stronger with your presence... MEDIC."
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ivan Darkraven on Tue Nov 05, 2002 12:47 pm

Rises and Winks

"many thanks M'Lord"

Goes off in search of the Medic
Ivan Darkraven (Member of the Order of Life} CI

"To Live a moment in Dishonor ..... That would to be truly in Hell...." Ivan D.

Just remember all things are possible if you have faith
Ivan Darkraven
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Silver Adept on Wed Nov 06, 2002 8:59 am

Sworn over e-mail to the Knights:

Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 09:18:11 -0500

I, John Kieth Barron, do solemnly swear and commit to:

a.. Uphold the right, even at the cost of my life;
b.. Meter even handed justice, tempered with mercy;
c.. Assist and defend others;
d.. and to strive to act with honour at all times.

John Keith Barron is welcomed to the Order of Jubal and amy affix the letters CI after his name.
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby redwulf25_ci on Wed Nov 06, 2002 6:47 pm

Ivan Darkraven wrote:Rises and Winks

"many thanks M'Lord"

Goes off in search of the Medic

(Uses Reki to heal the wounded palm, since this is cybe space it works a lot more dramaticly . . .)

:)
Martin Hall CI, PIQE: Be Virtious and Cool
Clan of the cats Geek Code
COTC+++ Arch++ Prm++++ Char++ Chelsea++ Jubal+++ Sebo+ Pst+ FA-- EI+ M++ W++ Ch- WeR--- EaR--- V--- WW+ WC- W&W++
CRFH Code v3.1 R+ D&Blue and Margret+ !WB F- PSL++[Blue or April] U !IRC RM? BSL RPG P+++ I+ E GN+ AI+
redwulf25_ci
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Gaia_Shaman on Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:19 am

By Ash, Oak, and Rowan I, Wesley John Obenshain, recognizing the Law of Three, do solemnly swear and commit to: uphold the right, even at the cost of my life; meter even-handed justice, tempered with mercy; assist and defend others; and strive to act with honor at all times. In nomine Patris, et Fil, et Spiritus Sancti by my Oath and Honor I bind myself.
- Wesley Obenshain {CI of the Order of the Knights of Jubal}

<i>zeegohs kaiah ihth ahvah ehrgohs kaiah ihth. shai lohgohs.</i> "My honor and my vow; Truth."
Gaia_Shaman
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Jamie on Sun Nov 10, 2002 9:33 am

Gaia_Shaman wrote:By Ash, Oak, and Rowan I, Wesley John Obenshain, recognizing the Law of Three, do solemnly swear and commit to: uphold the right, even at the cost of my life; meter even-handed justice, tempered with mercy; assist and defend others; and strive to act with honor at all times. In nomine Patris, et Fil, et Spiritus Sancti by my Oath and Honor I bind myself.

Let it be known that Wesley John Obenshain is now a Companion within the Order of the Knights of Jubal. You may affix the letters CI to your sig if you wish. Thank you for joining. We grow stronger with each pledge!

Take care,

Clan of the Cats
Clan of the Cats
Melpomene: The Chaos Orb: An online graphic novel by Jamie Robertson and Clint Hollingsworth
NCWCCC

"Some times the Magic works. Some times it doesn't." - Cheif Dan George Little Big Man
Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Gaia_Shaman on Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:40 pm

*bows his head* I am more than happy to pledge my support to such a worthy cause. *looks at you* If I can be of any service, please let me know.
- Wesley Obenshain {CI of the Order of the Knights of Jubal}

<i>zeegohs kaiah ihth ahvah ehrgohs kaiah ihth. shai lohgohs.</i> "My honor and my vow; Truth."
Gaia_Shaman
Junior Keenspotter

Postby ff0ecaf on Thu Nov 14, 2002 9:10 pm

*Kneels*

I, Richard Zmuda, other wise known as "Face" or "ff0ecaf" do hereby swear-

1. To uphold the Right, even at cost of my life;
2. Meter out even handed Justice, tempered with Mercy.
3. Assist and defend all others;
4. And strive to act with Honor at all times.

And I add my own personal oath and motto:

"If nothing else, then with Honor. Always."

By my Honor, Life, or Death, I will uphold this oath.

My sword is yours.
ff0ecaf
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Jamie on Fri Nov 15, 2002 6:21 am

ff0ecaf wrote:*Kneels*

I, Richard Zmuda, other wise known as "Face" or "ff0ecaf" do hereby swear-

1. To uphold the Right, even at cost of my life;
2. Meter out even handed Justice, tempered with Mercy.
3. Assist and defend all others;
4. And strive to act with Honor at all times.

And I add my own personal oath and motto:

"If nothing else, then with Honor. Always."

By my Honor, Life, or Death, I will uphold this oath.

My sword is yours.

From this day on Richard Zmuda is now a Companion within the Order of the Knights of Jubal! Arise and place the letters CI within your signature if that is your wish. We grow stronger with this and all pledges!

Take care,

Clan of the Cats
Clan of the Cats
NCWCCC

Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

pledge

Postby Ravin_Durkson on Sun Nov 17, 2002 2:36 pm

*unsheaths sword and kneels with forhead touching the pommel*
I Robert Donnell under the name of Ravin Durkson do solemly swerar to:

and to strive to act with honour at all times

So I have sworn, so let it be known that I pledge my blade and my life to uphold the concepts of Honour and Justice though in so doing it may cost my life.

*Rises bows and sheaths sword*
Ravin_Durkson
Junior Keenspotter

Re: pledge

Postby Jamie on Sun Nov 17, 2002 5:02 pm

Ravin_Durkson wrote:*unsheaths sword and kneels with forhead touching the pommel*
I Robert Donnell under the name of Ravin Durkson do solemly swerar to:

and to strive to act with honour at all times

So I have sworn, so let it be known that I pledge my blade and my life to uphold the concepts of Honour and Justice though in so doing it may cost my life.

*Rises bows and sheaths sword*

Hail and welcome Robert Donnell (under the name of Ravin Durkson) into the Order of the Knights of Jubal! Arise as a Companion to the Order! Please present the letters CI to your signature if you wish. We grow stronger with your presence!

Take care,

Clan of the Cats
Clan of the Cats
NCWCCC

Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

My Oath !!!

Postby Ruby Cofax on Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:18 am

I, Danielle DeLisle (under the name of Ruby Cofax, Morbid Judgement and many others), do solemnly swear and commit that I shall...uphold the right, even at the cost of my own life; Meter even handed justice, tempered with mercy; Assist and defend others in anytime and in anyplace; and to strive to act with honour at all times.

I do this of my own free will and am acting under my own power and wishes and as such only these can keep me upon my oath. The measure of a human is only as great as the power of their convicitons and this and the Wiccan Rede are the only two oaths I have sworn in my life so far... this being the case upholding these oaths is my highest pritority for my moral wellbeing. Therefore, I humbly submit my oath herewith.

Respectfully,
Ruby Cofax
Ruby Cofax, CI
Eqvites Ivbalis, Knights of the Order of Jubal
"Merry Meet, Merry Part, and Merry Meet Again!"
Ruby Cofax
Junior Keenspotter

Re: My Oath !!!

Postby Jamie on Wed Nov 20, 2002 11:58 am

Ruby Cofax wrote:I, Danielle DeLisle (under the name of Ruby Cofax, Morbid Judgement and many others), do solemnly swear and commit that I shall...uphold the right, even at the cost of my own life; Meter even handed justice, tempered with mercy; Assist and defend others in anytime and in anyplace; and to strive to act with honour at all times.

I do this of my own free will and am acting under my own power and wishes and as such only these can keep me upon my oath. The measure of a human is only as great as the power of their convicitons and this and the Wiccan Rede are the only two oaths I have sworn in my life so far... this being the case upholding these oaths is my highest pritority for my moral wellbeing. Therefore, I humbly submit my oath herewith.

Respectfully,
Ruby Cofax

From this day on Danielle DeLisle is now a Companion within the Order of the Knights of Jubal! Arise and place the letters CI within your signature if that is your wish. We grow stronger with this and all pledges!

Take care,

Clan of the Cats
Clan of the Cats
NCWCCC

Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

My Acknowledgement

Postby Ruby Cofax on Wed Nov 20, 2002 12:12 pm

Many thanks and well wishes to my fellows and collegues..look forward to posting in the future :D .. Blessed Be
Ruby Cofax, CI
Eqvites Ivbalis, Knights of the Order of Jubal
"Merry Meet, Merry Part, and Merry Meet Again!"
Ruby Cofax
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Jamie on Thu Nov 21, 2002 8:31 pm

from the Yahoo group

I, Nathan Webb (and all other tags and handles by which I may be
known), do sollemnly swear and commit to uphold the right, even at
cost of my life, meter even handed justice, tempered with mercy,
assist and defend others, and to strive to act with honor at all
times.

It is with a great honor that I welcome Nathan Webb into the Order of the Knights of Jubal. You are now a Companion within the Order. Please present the letters CI to your signature if you wish. We grow stronger with your presence!

Take care,

Clan of the Cats
Clan of the Cats
NCWCCC

Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Eqvites Ivbalis, Order of the Knights of Jubal