Pledge Oaths Here (12-7-01)

The noble Order of the Knights of Jubal traces its origins back to the Year Two Thousand A.D., when a group of distinguished persons of good and true character, founded the order to promote chivalry and honour. The order takes its name from our leader, Alexander Jubal McRae, who on two (so far) occasions has been seriously injured, in one case fatally, defending an innocent woman from attackers.

Moderators: Jamie, Greg

Postby chascraw4d on Thu Jul 11, 2002 1:49 am

Thank you , Sir Alexander. I now realize my problem was I was following links that lead to the old Keenspot boards. That said, let my formally restate my oath in its correct place.

I, Charles Crawford, known as Rikiji, do solemnly swear and commit to: Uphold the right, even at the cost of my life; Meter even handed justice, tempered with mercy; Assist and defend others; and to strive to act with honour at all times.
Charlie 'Rikiji' Crawford, CI
chascraw4d
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Jamie on Thu Jul 11, 2002 4:44 am

chascraw4d wrote:Thank you , Sir Alexander. I now realize my problem was I was following links that lead to the old Keenspot boards. That said, let my formally restate my oath in its correct place.

I, Charles Crawford, known as Rikiji, do solemnly swear and commit to: Uphold the right, even at the cost of my life; Meter even handed justice, tempered with mercy; Assist and defend others; and to strive to act with honour at all times.

It is with a great honor that I welcome Charles Crawford into the Order of the Knights of Jubal. You are now a Companion within the Order. Please present the letters CI to your signature if you wish. We grow stronger with your presence!

Take care,

(Sir) Jamie
Jamie, KCI in the Order of the Knights of Jubal
Probi Immotiqve Este: Be virtuous and cool. PIQE.
Clan of the Cats
Melpomene: The Chaos Orb: An online graphic novel by Jamie Robertson and Clint Hollingsworth
Sebo: A weekly webcomic about a girl and her cat.
NCWCCC

"I don't believe in atheism." - Hawkeye Pierce M*A*S*H*
"Some times the Magic works. Some times it doesn't." - Cheif Dan George Little Big Man
Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

This pledge was sent to me through e-mail.

Postby Jamie on Tue Jul 30, 2002 6:54 pm

This pledge was sent to me through e-mail.

I, Daniel Evans, promise to: 1-uphold the right, even at the cost of my life; 2-meter even handed justice, tempered with mercy; 3-Assist and defend others; 4-and strive to act with honour at all times

Hail and welcome Daniel Evans into the Order of the Knights of Jubal! Arise as a Companion to the Order! Please present the letters CI to your signature if you wish. We grow stronger with your presence!

Take care,

(Sir) Jamie, KCI in the Order of the Knights of Jubal

Clan of the Cats
Clan of the Cats
Melpomene: The Chaos Orb: An online graphic novel by Jamie Robertson and Clint Hollingsworth
NCWCCC

"Some times the Magic works. Some times it doesn't." - Cheif Dan George Little Big Man
Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Eleroach13 on Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:54 pm

I, Eleanor, do promise and swear to
Uphold the right, even at the cost of my life;
Meter even handed justice, tempered with mercy;
Assist and defend others;
and to strive to act with honour at all times.

I will do good whenever I can, whereever I can, in the most ways that I can, to whomever I can.

I will attempt to help out this forum as much as I can as well. Though this be my first post, I will put mine utmost effort into helping.

*curtseys*
Eleroach13
Junior Keenspotter

Oh, boy.

Postby Silver Adept on Thu Aug 08, 2002 6:08 pm

I, as a (newly minted) Knight Commander of the Order of Jubal, welcome you into our midst. You may add the letters CI after your name or title.

Welcome. Peace and PIQE.
Sir Alexander, KCI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
Now accepting positions in M-Division. Come see what Science and Magic together can make! Apply by PM or post!
And now the creator of my own comic! Go see Faces
Gots a LiveJournal now. It's here!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jon de Serque on Mon Aug 12, 2002 8:54 pm

I, Jon de Serque, also known as Jon Crusoe, do hereby take oath as follows:

That I will uphold the right, even though it should cost my my life. And that in doing so, I will mete out even handed justice, dedicated to the premise that it be tempered with mercy. To this end, I will assist and defend others in their times of need. And in these and all my other endeavors, I will strive to act with honour at all times.

To this I pledge my word, my life, and my honor.
Jon de Serque
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Jamie on Mon Aug 12, 2002 9:18 pm

Jon de Serque wrote:I, Jon de Serque, also known as Jon Crusoe, do hereby take oath as follows:

That I will uphold the right, even though it should cost my my life. And that in doing so, I will mete out even handed justice, dedicated to the premise that it be tempered with mercy. To this end, I will assist and defend others in their times of need. And in these and all my other endeavors, I will strive to act with honour at all times.

To this I pledge my word, my life, and my honor.

Let it be known that Jon de Serque is now a Companion within the Order of the Knights of Jubal. You may affix the letters CI to your sig if you wish. Thank you for joining. We grow stronger with each pledge!

Take care,

(Sir) JamieKCI in the Order of the Knights of Jubal

Clan of the Cats
Clan of the Cats
NCWCCC

Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Verrain on Tue Aug 13, 2002 4:53 am

I, Verrain, do promise and swear to

This I do pledge freely and proudly.
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.

This is to have succeeded.
Verrain
Junior Keenspotter

Another...

Postby Silver Adept on Tue Aug 13, 2002 5:55 am

I, as a (slight flinch) Knight Commander of the Order of Jubal, welcome Verrain into our Order. You may affix the letters CI after your name or title.

Peace and PIQE. Someone notify Sir Greg that the roster has a few more names to be added.
Sir Alexander, KCI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
Now accepting positions in M-Division. Come see what Science and Magic together can make! Apply by PM or post!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby redwulf25_ci on Thu Aug 15, 2002 9:50 pm

Mana_Weed wrote:I looked at all the threads which I thought might contain an oath,
and looked on the site. here's what I could find in the time I had.
If I said any members are companions and they are now knights, then
post here and say so so that I can correct the error.<P>Also, going through the old post for making oaths, I noticed that sir
greg was saying he'd added people to the roster, and then stopped.
So I went through the oath post looking for people. Then I went to the
site and then I went through any loose threads that looked like they
might have an oath. If I missed anyone, please let me know so I can fix
that.

I still consider myself a member, i've just been out of touch lately and might wind up out of touch again soon.

Martin Hall Jr. CI
E-mail: redwulf25_ci@yahoo.com

PIQE
redwulf25_ci
Keenspotter Supreme

Oath

Postby Thalass on Tue Aug 20, 2002 11:58 pm

I found the Order through a banner on the Clan of the Cats website and I thought "I have to join this".

So, enough of my rambling. Here is my oath to join the Order of the Knights of Jubal!

I, Ben Rypstra, under the name of Thalass T'Kynn, do solemnly swear and commit to:
*Uphold the right, even at the cost of my life;
*Meter even handed justice, tempered with mercy;
*Assist and defend others;
*and to strive to act with honour at all times.

Thalass T'Kynn
De liefdesslaaf van Mellie.
Special Effects officer, Funky Horror - More bang for your buck!

His Holiness, Pope Thalass T'Kynn, KSC - Protector of Space Pirates, future King of the Frisians.

--><--
Thalass
Keenspot Despot

Welcome aboard...

Postby Silver Adept on Wed Aug 21, 2002 5:21 am

Hey Jamie! The banner works! Can you believe it?

*ahem*

I, as a fully vested Knight Commander of the Order, welcome Ben Rypstra, under the name of Thalass T'Kynn, into our Order. You may affix the letters CI after your name/title. Welcome, we grow stronger with your presence.

PIQE.
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Doth on Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:27 pm

I, Doth, do solemnly swear and commit to:

Doth
Doth
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Jamie on Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:28 pm

Doth wrote:I, Doth, do solemnly swear and commit to:
Doth

Hail and welcome Doth into the Order of the Knights of Jubal! Arise as a Companion to the Order! Please present the letters CI to your signature if you wish. We grow stronger with your presence!

Take care,

Clan of the Cats
Clan of the Cats
NCWCCC

Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Cross-posted...

Postby Silver Adept on Wed Aug 28, 2002 4:06 am

From Yahoo!

I, Bj
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Lazarus_Long on Sat Sep 14, 2002 9:21 pm

I, Lazarus Long, elder of the Howard Families, do hereby take the oath as follows:

I shall uphold the right, though it cost me my life. In doing so, I shall mete out even handed justice, dedicated to the premise that it be tempered with mercy. To this end, I shall aid and defend others in their time of need. And in these and all other endeavors, I shall strive to act with honour at all times.

To this I pledge my word, my life, and my sacred honor.
Lazarus Long, CI, Elder of the Howard Families
"An armed society is a polite society"
Lazarus_Long
Junior Keenspotter

Welcome!

Postby Jamie on Sun Sep 15, 2002 6:43 am

Lazarus_Long wrote:I, Lazarus Long, elder of the Howard Families, do hereby take the oath as follows:

I shall uphold the right, though it cost me my life. In doing so, I shall mete out even handed justice, dedicated to the premise that it be tempered with mercy. To this end, I shall aid and defend others in their time of need. And in these and all other endeavors, I shall strive to act with honour at all times.

To this I pledge my word, my life, and my sacred honor.

Let it be known that Lazarus Long is now a Companion within the Order of the Knights of Jubal. You may affix the letters CI to your sig if you wish. Thank you for joining. We grow stronger with each pledge!

Take care,

Clan of the Cats
Clan of the Cats
NCWCCC

Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jamie on Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:27 am

from the Yahoo group:

I Coureton Chambers Dalton, do solemnly swear and commit to:
Uphold the right at the cost of my life;
Meter even handed justice tempered with mercy;
And strive to act with honour at all times.

I have to add a caveat though, and that is I will do all of these
things to the best of my ability.

The reason for this is previous injuries which now slow me down. If
this is not acceptable, I will understand.

Be well
Coureton

From this day on Coureton Chambers Dalton is now a Companion within the Order of the Knights of Jubal! Arise and place the letters CI within your signature if that is your wish. We grow stronger with this and all pledges!

Take care,

Clan of the Cats
Clan of the Cats
NCWCCC

Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Gidean on Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:29 pm

I, Eric Francis Birbeck, under the name of Damon of Zayana, do solemnly swear and commit to:

Please call me Damon. I thank you for establishing such an honorary organization.
He which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his passport shall be made,
And crowns for convoy put into his purse:
We would not die in that man's company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.

Each day is a little life,
Every waking and rising a little birth,
Every fresh morning a little youth,
Every going to rest and sleep a little death.

Art is not nature, art is nature digested, art is the divine excrement.

Every second of day it is coming your way, future unknown is here to stay. Got to open your mind or you will be led to astray.
Gidean
Junior Keenspotter

Another as well...

Postby Silver Adept on Fri Sep 27, 2002 7:03 pm

Sworn to me over AIM:

On my honor and in the face of God, I, Nick "Warwulf" Walenczak, do solemnly swear and commit to uphold the right, even at the cost of my life; meter even handed justice, tempered with mercy; assist and defend others; and to act with honor at all times. And so swear I.

And so, I accept his oath and welcome him and

Eric Francis Birbeck, under the name of Damon of Zayan,

as well, into our order. You may affix the letters CI after your name or title. We grow stronger with your presence, and enjoin you to become fully active as soon as possible.
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby StarKruzr on Fri Sep 27, 2002 10:28 pm

I guess I've always tried to live this way, but it's nice to codify it and put it into writing.

On my honor and by the grace of God, I, Jarett T. DeAngelis, do solemnly swear to uphold the right, even at the cost of my life, to meter even-handed justice, tempered with mercy, to assist and defend others, and to strive to act with honor, respect and compassion at all times.

If ever a Companion of the Order shall require my assistance in fulfilling his or her oath, I swear to help him or her to the best of my ability.

I take this oath of my own free will today, September 28th, 2002, in the company and witness of all those in the Order who read this thread.

... now what? :)
StarKruzr
Keenspot Despot

Postby Jamie on Sat Sep 28, 2002 5:23 am

StarKruzr wrote:I guess I've always tried to live this way, but it's nice to codify it and put it into writing.

On my honor and by the grace of God, I, Jarett T. DeAngelis, do solemnly swear to uphold the right, even at the cost of my life, to meter even-handed justice, tempered with mercy, to assist and defend others, and to strive to act with honor, respect and compassion at all times.

If ever a Companion of the Order shall require my assistance in fulfilling his or her oath, I swear to help him or her to the best of my ability.

I take this oath of my own free will today, September 28th, 2002, in the company and witness of all those in the Order who read this thread.

... now what? :)

Hail and welcome Jarett T. DeAngelis into the Order of the Knights of Jubal! Arise as a Companion to the Order! Please present the letters CI to your signature if you wish. We grow stronger with your presence!

Take care,

Clan of the Cats
Clan of the Cats
NCWCCC

Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jamie on Sat Sep 28, 2002 5:27 am

Gidean wrote:I, Eric Francis Birbeck, under the name of Damon of Zayana, do solemnly swear and commit to:

Please call me Damon. I thank you for establishing such an honorary organization.

Let it be known that Eric Francis Birbeck, (aka Damon), is now a Companion within the Order of the Knights of Jubal. You may affix the letters CI to your sig if you wish. Thank you for joining. We grow stronger with each pledge!

Take care,

Clan of the Cats
Clan of the Cats
NCWCCC

Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Rei on Sun Sep 29, 2002 12:24 am

wow, lots of new members.

welcome, one and all. now, how about we start generating some ideas to put action to the words

Rei
making up for lost time ;)
Probi Immotiqve Este
<A HREF="mailto:rei@ivbalis.org">rei@ivbalis.org</A>
Rei
Keenspotter Supreme

The oath of the Night's Watch.

Postby rattleshirt on Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:54 am

This is a little modified from the original but it is the oath I took.

Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms. I pledge my life and honor to the Nights Watch for this night and all the nights to come.

The ideals are similar but I'm not sure if my involvemnt with the Night's Watch conflicts with joining the Order.

Rattleshirt of the Night's Watch
Injustice is relatively easy to bear; it is justice that hurts.-H.L. Mencken
rattleshirt
Junior Keenspotter

PreviousNext

Return to Eqvites Ivbalis, Order of the Knights of Jubal