Pledge Oaths Here (12-7-01)

The noble Order of the Knights of Jubal traces its origins back to the Year Two Thousand A.D., when a group of distinguished persons of good and true character, founded the order to promote chivalry and honour. The order takes its name from our leader, Alexander Jubal McRae, who on two (so far) occasions has been seriously injured, in one case fatally, defending an innocent woman from attackers.

Moderators: Jamie, Greg

Postby LJ Carter on Sun Jan 20, 2002 9:25 am

I have been reading COTC for over a year now and even though I have seen the KOJ, I did not join. I have always been to most a "knight in shining armour", at least according to my dear wife. <P>As such, being an honorable man:<P>I, Larry J Carter, Solemnly pledge this Oath
1-Uphold the right, even at the cost of my life;
2-Meter even handed justice, tempered with mercy;
3-Assist and defend others;
4-and to strive to act with honour at all times. <P>So Mote it Be. <P>
LJ
LJ Carter
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Jamie on Sun Jan 20, 2002 9:59 am

I gladly welcome Larry J Carter into the Order of the Knights of Jubal! Arise as a Companion to the Order! Please present the letters CI to your signature if you wish. We grow stronger with you in our midst. <P>Take care,<P>(Sir) Jamie, KCI in the <A HREF="http://ivbalis.org" TARGET=_blank> Order of the Knights of Jubal </A>
Probi Immotiqve Este: Be virtuous and cool. PIQE.<P><A HREF="http://clanofthecats.com" TARGET=_blank>Clan of the Cats</A><P>
Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Michael Hardy on Tue Jan 22, 2002 4:10 am

I, Michael Of Taursus, shall and will: <P>*Uphold the right, even at the cost of my life;
*Meter even handed justice, tempered with mercy;
*Assist and defend others;
*and to strive to act with honour at all times.<P><P>------------------
From death, he escaped. He rose to destroy all that is evil.
Michael Hardy
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Jamie on Tue Jan 22, 2002 4:50 am

Let it be known that Michael Of Taursus is now a Companion within the Order of the Knights of Jubal. You may affix the letters CI to your sig if you wish. Thank you for joining. We grow stronger with each pledge!<P>Take care,<P>(Sir) Jamie, KCI in the <A HREF="http://ivbalis.org" TARGET=_blank> Order of the Knights of Jubal </A>
Probi Immotiqve Este: Be virtuous and cool. PIQE.<P><A HREF="http://clanofthecats.com" TARGET=_blank>Clan of the Cats</A><P>
Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Sir Greg on Fri Jan 25, 2002 10:05 am

I have updated the roster this day, and have scribed the names "Michael Hardy" and "Larry Carter" therein.<P>Also named is "Nathaniel Dinguss", whom has sworn his oath by e-mail to me.<P>PIQE,
Sir Gregory<P>------------------
Sir Gregory of Melbourne, KI
Knight of the <A HREF="http://www.ivbalis.org"" TARGET=_blank>Order of Jubal</A>
"I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's to small to be out on it's own." --Danilo Thann
Sir Greg
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby dagonz on Sun Jan 27, 2002 4:14 am

I, Ga
dagonz
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Sir Greg on Sun Jan 27, 2002 6:00 am

Welcome, Ga
Sir Greg
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Guest on Mon Feb 04, 2002 7:17 am

I, Roscoe Jean-Castle Mathieu, do solemnly swear to protect the right, as seen by myself, at the cost of my life, <i>and the life of no other</i>, as that is their imperitive, and their right.<P>I, Roscoe Jean-Castle Mathieu, do solemnly swear to meter even-handed justice, from the lowliest criminal to the most esteemable and noble of our Knights, a justice tempered with mercy, that respects the life and unalienable rights of men*.<P>I, Roscoe Jean-Castle Mathieu, do solemnly swear to assist and defend others, as they need and as they deem assistance and defense, for it is a thin line between well-meaning incompetence and unthinking subterfuge.<P>I, Roscoe Jean-Castle Mathieu, do solemnly swear to act with honour at all times, as I judge to be honour, to the best of my abilities.<P>*closes with a salute of the sword*<P>
------
*Men and man, in this speech, is to be construted as having its original meaning, that of humanity (men) or a person (man) regardless of gender.<P>------------------
<A HREF="http://go.to/onvideo" TARGET=_blank>O N Video</A>
If you have to get your privacy invaded, at least it's by three cute chicks.
----------
BEGIN CRFH CODE v3.0

Postby Jamie on Mon Feb 04, 2002 8:06 am

Hail and welcome Roscoe Jean-Castle Mathieu into the Order of the Knights of Jubal! Arise as a Companion to the Order! Please present the letters CI to your signature if you wish. We grow stronger with your presence!<P>Take care,<P>(Sir) Jamie, KCI in the <A HREF="http://ivbalis.org" TARGET=_blank> Order of the Knights of Jubal </A>
Probi Immotiqve Este: Be virtuous and cool. PIQE.<P><A HREF="http://clanofthecats.com" TARGET=_blank>Clan of the Cats</A>
Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Guest on Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:20 am

Thank you, Jamie. I am honoured.<P>And to be honest, I thought you were female.<P>------------------
<A HREF="http://go.to/onvideo" TARGET=_blank>O N Video</A>
If you have to get your privacy invaded, at least it's by three cute chicks.
----------
BEGIN CRFH CODE v3.0

Postby kestyra on Thu Feb 14, 2002 7:27 am

I, Li, also known as kestyra, do solemnly swear and commit to:
Uphold the right, as I see it, at the cost of anything that is mine to give, including my own life.
Meter even handed justice, tempered with mercy and respect, where it is within my right to do so.
Assist and defend others, where the need is present, but, in doing so not go against the reasonable wishes of those in need of aid.
And to strive to act with honor, as I see it, at all times.<P>-----------------------<P>My email address is kestyra@hawaii.rr.com.
kestyra
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Jamie on Thu Feb 14, 2002 8:33 am

I gladly welcome Li, (aka kestyra), into the Order of the Knights of Jubal! Arise as a Companion to the Order! Please present the letters CI to your signature if you wish. We grow stronger with you in our midst. <P>Take care,<P>(Sir) Jamie, KCI in the <A HREF="http://ivbalis.org" TARGET=_blank> Order of the Knights of Jubal </A>
Probi Immotiqve Este: Be virtuous and cool. PIQE.<P><A HREF="http://clanofthecats.com" TARGET=_blank>Clan of the Cats</A>
Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Bridgeman on Wed Feb 20, 2002 2:12 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mana_Weed:
[B]I looked at all the threads which I thought might contain an oath,
and looked on the site. here's what I could find in the time I had...B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I feel left out... but just so people see that I did swear the oath back in October (iirc)...<P>I, Jonathan Edward Proesel, do solemnly swear and commit to: uphold the right, even at the cost of my life; meter even handed justice, tempered with mercy; assist and defend others; and to strive to act with honour at all times.
<P>------------------
Jonathan Edward Proesel, the Bridgeman, CI
<A HREF="http://www.cs.uiuc.edu" TARGET=_blank>Computer Science</A> Major, <A HREF="http://www.uiuc.edu" TARGET=_blank>University of Illinois</A>
http://www.uiuc.edu/~jproesel/
Triangle Shadoman, Illinois Chapter
Veritas Omnia Vincent, Probi Immotiqve Este
Bridgeman
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Jamie on Wed Feb 20, 2002 3:01 am

From this day on Jonathan Edward Proesel is now a Companion within the Order of the Knights of Jubal! Arise and place the letters CI within your signature if that is your wish. We grow stronger with this and all pledges!<P>Take care,<P>Sir) Jamie, KCI in the <A HREF="http://ivbalis.org" TARGET=_blank> Order of the Knights of Jubal </A>
Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jamie on Sun Mar 10, 2002 5:06 am

Troy has pledged through the Yahoo club.
-------------------------<P>I,Troy A. Chaney, do solemnly swear and commit to:
Uphold the right, even at the cost of my life;
Meter even handed justice, tempered with mercy;
Assist and defend others;
and to strive to act with honour at all times.<P>
From this day on Troy A. Chaney is now a Companion within the Order of the Knights of Jubal! Arise and place the letters CI within your signature if that is your wish. We grow stronger with this and all pledges!<P>Take care,<P>(Sir) Jamie, KCI in the <A HREF="http://ivbalis.org" TARGET=_blank> Order of the Knights of Jubal </A>
Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jamie on Fri Mar 29, 2002 9:53 pm

cross posted from another thread.

On 2002-03-29 19:05, Halosoulfire wrote:
I, Richard Alexander Croley, do hearby swear on my life, my love and my magic to the following oath:

1-Uphold the right, even at the cost of my life;
2-Meter even handed justice, tempered with mercy;
3-Assist and defend others;
4-and to strive to act with honour at all times.

On top of which, I will bring my full gifts and ablilities to bear when called upon to do so to defend those who are defenseless, stand side-by-side with those who also has given this oath, and to look upon those that are differant and call them friend.

Hail and welcome Richard Alexander Croley into the Order of the Knights of Jubal! Arise as a Companion to the Order! Please present the letters CI to your signature if you wish. We grow stronger with your presence!

Take care,

(Sir) Jamie
Jamie, KCI in the Order of the Knights of Jubal
Probi Immotiqve Este: Be virtuous and cool. PIQE.
Clan of the Cats
Melpomene: The Chaos Orb: An online graphic novel by Jamie Robertson and Clint Hollingsworth
Sebo: A weekly webcomic about a girl and her cat.
NCWCCC

"I don't believe in atheism." - Hawkeye Pierce M*A*S*H*
"Some times the Magic works. Some times it doesn't." - Cheif Dan George Little Big Man
Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Angel of Mercy on Mon Apr 01, 2002 5:21 pm

I, Angel, swear to uphold the oath set before me, that I will defend that which is good and right with my life, that I will administer justice, fair and kindly as I can, that I will defend and aid others as best I can, and I will show honor and mercy to all.

In nominus, es spiritus, in patres, amen.

Just call me Angel, all my friends do.
Is there ever any wonder
Why we look to the skies?
Such in pain?
Asking why?
All alone
Where is God
Looking down?
We don't know.

-Korn
Angel of Mercy
Keenspot Despot

Postby apache on Tue Apr 02, 2002 3:58 am

I, Chris Rowland, PSV, of Melbourne, Australia, do solemnly, sincerely and truly declare and affirm that I shall :-

1. Uphold the right, even at the cost of my life;
2. Meter even handed justice, tempered with mercy;
3. Assist and defend others; and
4. Strive to act with honour at all times.
apache
Junior Keenspotter

New Member from the KOJ Yahoo Group!

Postby Jamie on Mon May 20, 2002 2:41 pm

Originally posted in the KOJ Yahoo Group -

I, Markus Stehr, do solemnly swear and commit to:
Uphold the right, even at the cost of my life;
Assist and defend others;
and to strive to act with honour at all times.

Blessed be!
Jubal Order

I gladly welcome Markus Stehr into the Order of the Knights of Jubal! Arise as a Companion to the Order! Please present the letters CI to your signature if you wish. We grow stronger with you in our midst.

Take care,

(Sir) Jamie
Last edited by Jamie on Sun Jun 23, 2002 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clan of the Cats
Melpomene: The Chaos Orb: An online graphic novel by Jamie Robertson and Clint Hollingsworth
NCWCCC

"Some times the Magic works. Some times it doesn't." - Cheif Dan George Little Big Man
Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

By The Sword, I give my pledge.

Postby JimmyRei1000 on Sat Jun 08, 2002 8:29 pm

I, James "Orcist" Rayen, Henceforth do Solemnly swear, and commit my whole heart to the following,

To uphold the Right thing to do, no matter how hated or difficult it may be to accept, at the cost of my life and livelyhood.

To meter out even handed Justice, Tempered with Mercy and compassion.

To assist and Defend all others, No matter what the cost to myself.

And to strive to act with Dignity, Nobilty and Honor at any and all costs, all the time.

So Do I, James "Orcist" Rayen take these oaths to my heart, and hold them there until and after the end of all things.

Probi Immotiqve Este, P.I.Q.E
"Be virtuous and cool"

Signed with Honor,
James "Orcist" Rayen (CI)
First Weaponsmaster and Bardic Student, 2nd Year
"Carpe Diem"
"All That is gold does not Glitter,
Not all who wander are lost"

"Blades can solve just about any problem,
Love however, is not one of those Problems" -JOR

"It's not the Size of the Dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog!" -Vincent Lombardi
JimmyRei1000
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Welcomes...

Postby Silver Adept on Sun Jun 09, 2002 6:09 am

To James "Orcist" Rayen, Angel, and Chris Rowland, PSV, of Melbourne, Australia.

Sorry about the time delay... but add the initials CI to your signatures as full Companions.

One other thing... has there been a roster update in the last few weeks/months?
Sir Alexander, KCI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
Now accepting positions in M-Division. Come see what Science and Magic together can make! Apply by PM or post!
And now the creator of my own comic! Go see Faces
Gots a LiveJournal now. It's here!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Valentine on Mon Jun 10, 2002 10:40 am

After a long time of considering and pondering I decided to swear the oath.

I, Valentine Hunecke, do somnly swear and commit to :
Uphold the right, even at cost of my life;
Assist and defend others,:
and to strive to act with honour at all times.

Ich, Valentine Hunecke, schw
-Proud to be a Sharply Shining Point!
Don't mind my orthography, it confuses me more than it does confuse you.
Valentine
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Welcome Valentine into the Order

Postby Jamie on Mon Jun 10, 2002 11:03 am

It is with a great honor that I welcome Valentine Hunecke into the Order of the Knights of Jubal. You are now a Companion within the Order. Please present the letters CI to your signature if you wish. We grow stronger with your presence!

Take care,

(Sir) Jamie, KCI in the Order of the Knights of Jubal

Clan of the Cats
Clan of the Cats
NCWCCC

Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

New Member from the KOJ Yahoo Group!

Postby Jamie on Sun Jun 23, 2002 7:57 am

Originally posted in the KOJ Yahoo Group -

I MNsane, do solemnly swear to uphold the right, even at cost of my
life,meter evenhanded justice, tempered with mercy, assist & defend
others, and to strive to act with honor at all times.

Let it be known that MNsane is now a Companion within the Order of the Knights of Jubal. You may affix the letters CI to your sig if you wish. Thank you for joining. We grow stronger with each pledge!

Take care,

(Sir) Jamie
Clan of the Cats
NCWCCC

Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Yahoo! A new member!

Postby Silver Adept on Wed Jun 26, 2002 5:16 pm

From our counterpart... he says that the boards were funky to him, so I'm putting it in here.

> I, Charles Crawford, known as Rikiji, do solemnly swear and commit to:
> Uphold the right, even at the cost of my life;
> Meter even handed justice, tempered with mercy; Assist and defend others; and to strive to act with honour at all times.

So I welcome him to our Order.. Add CI after your sig or name. (Just once, though...)
Sir Alexander, KCI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
Now accepting positions in M-Division. Come see what Science and Magic together can make! Apply by PM or post!
And now the creator of my own comic! Go see Faces
Gots a LiveJournal now. It's here!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Eqvites Ivbalis, Order of the Knights of Jubal