Oath of allegience

The noble Order of the Knights of Jubal traces its origins back to the Year Two Thousand A.D., when a group of distinguished persons of good and true character, founded the order to promote chivalry and honour. The order takes its name from our leader, Alexander Jubal McRae, who on two (so far) occasions has been seriously injured, in one case fatally, defending an innocent woman from attackers.

Moderators: Jamie, Greg

Postby Jamie on Thu May 24, 2001 2:57 am

Welcome TKarrde98 to the Order of the Knights of Jubal!! I hope you find many friends and kin here among this wonderful group of folks. Never mind about the mistake. We are all only human. Glad to have you with us!<P>Take care,<P>Jamie <P>------------------
KCI in the Order of the Knights of Jubal
Probi Immotiqve Este: Be virtuous and cool. PIQE.
<A HREF="http://ivbalis.org" TARGET=_blank>http://ivbalis.org</A> <P>Clan of the Cats
<A HREF="http://clanofthecats.com" TARGET=_blank>http://clanofthecats.com</A> <P>"Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with a cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat."
- Mark Twain
Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Greg on Thu May 24, 2001 4:24 am

Indeed. Welcome, Grant. You name has been added to the membership roster.<P>PIQE,
Sir Greg<P>------------------
-------------
Sir Gregory of Melbourne, KI
Knight of the <A HREF="http://www.iubalis.org" TARGET=_blank>Order of Jubal</A>
"What I tell you three times is true..." - The Bellman
Greg
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby TKarrde98 on Thu May 24, 2001 10:45 am

I, Grant Montoya, Historian of the MacMillan House and of the Clan Bernhardt, do solemnly swear and commit upon my honor as an Eagle and a Brotherhood member of the Order of the Arrow (Wimachtendiek Wingolauchsik Witahemuei) to:<P>Uphold what is righteous, even at the cost of my own life;
Meter even handed justice, tempered with mercy and love;
Assist and defend others;
and to strive to act with honour at all times.<P>Go with grace in the Name of our Father.<P>Grant E. Montoya, B.A.,Hi.<P>------------------
John 11.25-26
TKarrde98
Keenspot Despot

Postby TKarrde98 on Thu May 24, 2001 11:24 am

Oops! It seems I clicked the wrong button and put this on the main page instead of in the oath list where it belongs. My mistake! I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause!<P>Grant Montoya<P>------------------
John 11.25-26
TKarrde98
Keenspot Despot

Postby TKarrde98 on Fri May 25, 2001 3:30 am

<I>What is this Order of the Arrow?</I><P>I cannot explain much because it is a fairly secretive society, but I will explain what I may.<P>The Order of the Arrow (OA) is Boy Scouts of America's National Honor Society. Based on the traditions of the Leni Lenapi people who once lived free in the north-atlantic coast region, members of OA dedicate themselves to a life of cheerful service for others, and essentially the same ideals as given in the Oath of Jubal.<P>OA members are elected by their troops; each Scout troop elects those members who best uphold the Scouting Ideals in the Oath and Law. The Oath: "On my honor, I will do my best to do my duty to God and my Country, to obey the scout law, to help other people at all times, and to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally streight." The Law: "A Scout is Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean and Reverent."<P>OA is the only Honor organization I know of whose members are selected from outside. Once inside, inductees pass through a service Ordeal, and then must wait at least a year before they may take the Test of Brotherhood to become full members. Membership is a lifetime accomplishment and commitment; though OA members may go inactive by letting their dues lag, the commitment to service and honor does not end there.<P>The Honor of Vigil is bestowed by lodges to those members who best exemplify the ideals of the Order. They must be nominated by their lodge based on acts of dedication and service, seconded, then approved by the National OA Council. To achive Vigil is the highest honor given by any scouting organization, be it BSA, Explorers, Venture or Varsity.<P>Personally, I am actually a member of two lodges. I belong to my home lodge (Kola) in Colorado, and because of my service to a second lodge in the Dallas/Fort Worth area (Nishkin Halupa Ap'e Lachi), they elected to make me also a member of their lodge. I am away most of the year and do not have the opportunity to be active in either lodge. However, my personal goal is to live a life worthy of the honor of Vigil, though I may never receive it from either lodge.<P>Hope this helps, I don't think I can clarify much more.<P>Blessings!<P>------------------
Grant E. Montoya, CI
<B>There is hope in this dark world! <A HREF="http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?passage=John+11%3A25-26&version=KJV&showfn=yes&showxref=yes&language=english" TARGET=_blank>Please see John 11:25-26</A></B>
TKarrde98
Keenspot Despot

Postby TKarrde98 on Fri May 25, 2001 7:04 am

::bows:: Thank you dear Lady and good Sir.<P>Grant E. Montoya<P>------------------
John 11.25-26
TKarrde98
Keenspot Despot

Postby BandMan2K on Fri May 25, 2001 7:07 am

Welcome, Grant. It's good seeing more people come in almost everyday. You definately seem highly qualified with all those markers you laid down for us.<P>Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay, and may it be a long one.<P>------------------
Sir Howard Seelye, KI:
Order of the Knights of Jubal (PIQE)<P>"Don't go getting me angry... not if you value your life!!"
Duo Maxwell, Gundam Wing<P>---begin CRFH!!! code---
F U+ IRC+ R RM--- H PSL++ FW S FR- WB- GN++ AI++ D&M BR- RPG- FDS-- BSL N P+++ W++ I+ E
---end CRFH!!! code---
BandMan2K
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby BandMan2K on Fri May 25, 2001 7:08 am

BTW: What is this Order of the Arrow?<P>Tell me more about this.<P>Please.
BandMan2K
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby BandMan2K on Tue May 29, 2001 12:15 am

pretty cool!<P>Well, i believe you will be in good company here.<P>------------------
Sir Howard Seelye, KI:
Order of the Knights of Jubal (PIQE)<P>"Don't go getting me angry... not if you value your life!!"
Duo Maxwell, Gundam Wing<P>---begin CRFH!!! code---
F U+ IRC+ R RM--- H PSL++ FW S FR- WB- GN++ AI++ D&M BR- RPG- FDS-- BSL N P+++ W++ I+ E
---end CRFH!!! code---
BandMan2K
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Rei on Wed May 30, 2001 12:09 am

at the risk of being repetitive..<P>welcome Grant and all our new companions <P>Rei
Rei
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Eqvites Ivbalis, Order of the Knights of Jubal