Great deeds of Chivalry?

The noble Order of the Knights of Jubal traces its origins back to the Year Two Thousand A.D., when a group of distinguished persons of good and true character, founded the order to promote chivalry and honour. The order takes its name from our leader, Alexander Jubal McRae, who on two (so far) occasions has been seriously injured, in one case fatally, defending an innocent woman from attackers.

Moderators: Jamie, Greg

Postby PhoenixPaw on Wed Apr 25, 2001 5:03 am

Greetings Fellow Knights and Companions<P>I am wondering what great deeds of Chivalry people here claim above and beyond the everyday life of a member of the Order.<P>I can not say I am an outstanding companion. In fact, I have been absent from classes only to save my sanity, and thus have failed to do as told by my teacher.<P>May you all walk in light with the divine close to Your hearts.
CI PhoenixPaw SpiritWolf<p>[This message has been edited by PhoenixPaw (edited 04-26-2001).]
PhoenixPaw
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby PhoenixPaw on Thu Apr 26, 2001 12:10 am

I was not thinking of any giantic deeds like those by Jubal that inspired this order.
I asume that we all do everyday good deeds (like holding doors, speaking without foul language). No, it was the things that goes slightly beyond our norm.
I'm not sure it is sufficient to be called a great deed, but I've managed to put up with the audial abuse of some musical students for a year, without "blowing up" at their faces.<P>CI PhoenixPaw SpiritWolf
PhoenixPaw
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Silver Adept on Thu Apr 26, 2001 4:53 am

PhoenixPaw, <P>I don't think that any one of us can claim a giant deed of chivalry (something that everyone would notice), but all of us can claim sundry amounts of smaller deeds of varying size that probably cumulatively would be more than one single deed. <P>It's an constant ongoing process, requiring constant attention and effort. <P>So, in our case, the smaller deeds of chivalry, spread out, (at least I believe it so) will do more good than one giant deed.
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby TimberBram on Thu Apr 26, 2001 10:20 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PhoenixPaw:
<B>I'm not sure it is sufficient to be called a great deed, but I've managed to put up with the audial abuse of some musical students for a year, without "blowing up" at their faces.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Take it from me: it is.<P>I know how hard it can be to deal with some people; I've been in customer service.<P>Peace and PIQE,
Sir Timber Bram, Ki Eqvites Ivbalis.
TimberBram
Keenspot Despot

Postby Silver Adept on Fri Apr 27, 2001 4:39 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TimberBram:
<B>I know how hard it can be to deal with some people; I've been in customer service.
</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Kudos to both of you. I'm not sure I'd have the patience to work in customer service. <P>But yes, even things like that can be grat deeds of chivalry. However, if you really want to save your ears, simply ask politely if they could "tone it down" (if it's either loud music or profanity or whatever) and see what happens.
<P>------------------
Sir Alexander, KI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
And now the creator of my own comic! Go see Faces at <A HREF="http://faces.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>http://faces.keenspace.com</A>
*Begin CRFH!!! CodeBlock*
F- U+ IRC R+ H PSL+++>+ FW S? FR WB GN++>+ AI D&M+ BR RPG+ N P+++ W++++ I+ E++
*End CRFH!!! CodeBlock
Published TWICE NOW in User Friendly! Go see at <A HREF="http://www.userfriendly.org" TARGET=_blank>http://www.userfriendly.org</A> and check out the interview with Stef OR the interview with Greg!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Lothar Sauvage on Sun May 20, 2001 4:20 am

You guys have such a wonderful opportunity! Customer Service is an ideal place to practice chivalry! Take it from a former customer service person, The job takes it's toll, but if you really strive to help those with real issues, quickly dealing with the routine and simple ones the payoff is great.<P>I started out in a Customer Service job for a healthcare company that speciallized in communications and software. Once I had learned the system inside and out, I expanded my knowlege to do aid those with those persistant problems no one could or would solve.<P>I began to clear my desk of all routine issues and then got told management that I wanted to be on the phone for extended times with difficult issues so that the other CSRs could handle the more routine issues quickly. <P>After I had their permission in writing, I told my coworkers that I wanted all their tough calls. Needless to say, it didn't take long before they rolled in. These kept me sharp rather than bored, improved our call performance for the center, and above all helped the customer like they have never been helped before.<P>The company had a appreciation program where if you got a letter from a customer expressing their gratitude (couldn't be prompted or requested by you) You get a $50 restaurant gift certificate. I was pronounced permanently inelgible after the 3rd week of two per week. We ate like kings!!! <grin><P>This program made me invaluable to my employer, my coworkers looked to me for help and guidance (I trained others to handle issues like I did), and the customers loved me. Best of all, I could go home, look myself in the mirror and honestly say I did well. There is no better feeling.<P>I had a part in creating a core of highly skilled individuals that handled the tough issues no matter what they were. We called ourselves the New Envoy Order, or NEO (coworkers were wrestling fans...). We did things like working christmas by ourselves that the others could be with their families. That really worked out since we were all single, pagan, or both. <P>We developed NEO into a sort of secret society where chivalry was not dead and we set out to right the wrongs we could find. In managed healthcare, there were many and we had put ourselves in a position to do something about it. Our efforts proved effective, that's all I'll say in a public forum.<P>After a merger or three, the company had changed to the point thst we all felt a responsibility to leave, and one by one we did, but our work within that company was complete. We have all either gone to work for other companies and done the same thing, spawning more NEOs, or started our own business like me where I can set the rules, and the rules dictate that chivalry be the norm. <P>I still have all of my letters of apperciation and occasionally leaf through them to remind myself where I have been and where I want my feet to tread in the future.<P>Regards,<P>Lothar Sauvage, CI
Lothar Sauvage
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Eqvites Ivbalis, Order of the Knights of Jubal