Another part of my code

The noble Order of the Knights of Jubal traces its origins back to the Year Two Thousand A.D., when a group of distinguished persons of good and true character, founded the order to promote chivalry and honour. The order takes its name from our leader, Alexander Jubal McRae, who on two (so far) occasions has been seriously injured, in one case fatally, defending an innocent woman from attackers.

Moderators: Jamie, Greg

Postby Kanaeda Kuonji on Sun Mar 11, 2001 12:16 pm

In addition to the oath I have already made, I also do something else.<P>When doing charitable work of any kind, I always work in anonymity. I wish no credit for any act I do, only the knowledge that someone who needed it got it. <P>Recently, some person visited Huntington and selected my name as part of a winner's list. He had, among his prizes, several trips to various warm spots, like the Bahamas. <P>I won one of those trips. While he discussed things about his organization, I heard that one of the women there was going to get married, and needed someplace to go for a honeymoon.<P>Even now, some people thought that what I did was unthinkable. I gave away the trip I won to her. Granted, I can't provide evidence now, but I don't care about it.<P>You know what? To this day, I don't regret it. She doesn't even know who I am...<P>Good.<P>Again, as two extra guidelines:<P>1.) I always do my charity in anonymity.
2.) I never expect recognition or repayment for any act of kindness I do.<P>Just a little story from a companion...<P>------------------
Rodney Dean, CI of the Order of the Knights of Jubal.<P>"The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death." --Oscar Wilde
Kanaeda Kuonji
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Eqvites Ivbalis, Order of the Knights of Jubal