Father's Day Magnum Mini-Rant

Private Eye Frank Chase and his partner/dog Max are on the case!

Moderator: Milligan

Father's Day Magnum Mini-Rant

Postby miK. on Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:17 pm

Milligan wrote:
I really think the Dodge Magnum is one of the most ill-concieved and mismarketed cars since the Edsel. I mean who is this thing for? I hate to be the one to break it to you, Dodge, but sports car guys don't like station wagons and station wagon guys don't like sports cars. The markets are mutually exclusive. Last year on vacation I discovered that my Dad drools over big old Buick station wagons the way I drool over a Nissan 350Z. Is the Magnum supposed to be a car my Dad and I can both like? Is it supposed to bring us closer together? Well, in a way maybe it has. Because we both look at the Magnum and say, "What the hell is that supposed to be?"

But it's got a HEMI. 8)
miK.
Keenspotter Supreme

Au Contraire...

Postby Trinity Kat on Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:03 am

Yeah but what about younger people who are looking for something that has the versatility to be both spacious, sporty, and rugged all at the same time?

Saves us young'uns just heading into the working world from having to buy multiple cars to get all that :wink: Sporty is nice and all but when you need to ability to move things in and out of apartments and such a sports car just won't cut it. AND this thing should get slightly better mileage than even the smaller SUVs on the market...and it's better priced for the features you get.

Maybe it's just because I'm a girl with tolerance for the dreaded station wagon :wink: but I like it - it's like a much snazzier answer to Suburu's Outback models and it looks a HELL of a lot better than all the other new boxy composite cars that are out nowadays!

And yes, it *does* have a Hemi :D
-TK=^,^=
Trinity Kat
Junior Keenspotter

Postby AccordionDad on Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:20 am

And when the SUV's exemption from MPG laws is repealed (which should be just after Batman is elected president), these vehicles will have much broader appeal!

Hey, don't knock the composites. They're just going for a Logan's Run kind of feel (to appeal to the mood the last time the western hemisphere regarded energy conservation seriously, you know?).
Leave the world better than you found it.
http://www.davidvincenti.com
AccordionDad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Johnski333 on Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:35 am

MM - please post a hi-res or wallpaper of your magnum strip - sooo hot.
Johnski333
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby AccordionDad on Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:07 pm

So what's the hot piece of crap for Father's Day 2006? A Hybrid Hummer? A Hyundai Helicopter? An Alliterative A**wipe?
Leave the world better than you found it.
http://www.davidvincenti.com
AccordionDad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby miK. on Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:05 pm

AccordionDad wrote:So what's the hot piece of crap for Father's Day 2006? A Hybrid Hummer? A Hyundai Helicopter? An Alliterative A**wipe?

Sorry for the late reply, but...

...that would be the JL421 Badonkadonk Land Cruiser/Tank:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/st ... 70-2516955

The customer reviews are hilarious, and it's hard to tell if they actually picked one up or not.
It's even hard to tell if the product is for real, but a real steal at 20 grand!!! Nothing says
"I love you Dad" like a personal tank!

Would look right at home on Tatooine.

peace-
miK.
miK.
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Lost and Found Investigations