L&F MIA again!

Private Eye Frank Chase and his partner/dog Max are on the case!

Moderator: Milligan

L&F MIA again!

Postby Milligan on Wed May 18, 2005 6:44 am

Seems like I'm always apologizing and that's no way to run a website.

But...

My all-in-one scanner-printer is in the shop and I just can't get strips up right now. Plus we just went through the very stressful process of finding a home to buy, securing the mortgage and closing the deal.

This weekend is moving day.

I am at my wit's end. I so want to draw. I NEED to draw. I just can't right now.

I can't wait to get into the new house and get settled and create my brand new workspace and get back to the drawing board. (Heh. Get me. I made a funny!)

--Matt
Last edited by Milligan on Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Milligan
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby AccordionDad on Thu May 19, 2005 5:24 am

MIA = Moving In Albany?
Leave the world better than you found it.
http://www.davidvincenti.com
AccordionDad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby AccordionDad on Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:04 am

G2c L&H is NL MIA, 4sure.

I have no idea what the hell I just said. I hope it doesn't invoke any evil spirits.
Leave the world better than you found it.
http://www.davidvincenti.com
AccordionDad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Johnski333 on Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:24 am

ROFLMAO SOTCWCMC!!
Johnski333
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby miK. on Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:35 pm

FUNEM?
SVFM.

FUNEX?
SVFX.

OK, LFMNX!
miK.
Keenspotter Supreme

Done moving?

Postby benning on Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:15 am

Hope it went smoothly! Glad to find a new strip posted. I really enjoy Lost & Found. :D
"If I knew what I was doing would I be here?"
benning
Junior Keenspotter

Re: L&F MIA again!

Postby Taospark on Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:37 am

Milligan wrote:Seems like I'm always apologizing and that's no way to run a website.

But...

My all-in-one scanner-printer is in the shop and I just can't get strips up right now. Plus we just went through the very stressful process of finding a home to buy, securing the mortgage and closing the deal.

This weekend is moving day.

I am at my wit's end. I so want to draw. I NEED to draw. I just can't right now.

I can't wait to get into the new house and get settled and create my brand new workspace and get back to the drawing board. (Heh. Get me. I made a funny!)

--Matt

What multifunction do you have? If it's an HP product, that's your problem right there. You'll need another two years for the new CEO to really fix up the company and get it back to where it was before.

At this point, the multifunction I've gotten the best performance from is the Canon MP390. It's 100 dollars and you get five-in-one (Copier, Digital Camer Dock, Fax, Scanner, and Printer). The only shame is that Canon cancelled the model, upgraded it and is now selling it for double the value. You can still find the cheaper and superior MP390 on eBay and on non-American sites.

And don't worry about the update schedule. There are plenty of other ways to provide content and you can always create a nice buffer of say ten or so strips to really have a good productive blitz.
Taospark
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Milligan on Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:12 am

I should have followed up on this before!

Thanks, for the kind words, Tao, but I was having these problems back in May.

The result is that I can't say enough good things about Epson! I have a CX5400 Printer/Scanner/Copier. There's a known problem with the inkhead mechanism. It hopelessly clogs when you change the ink carts. It took me just over a year to go though my first set of carts. A week later, sure enough, clog city. (Isn't that in Denmark somewhere?) Anyway, I researched and found out that it was a known defect and contacted Epson. Even though it was well out of warranty by that time and technically they didn't have to do anything, they fixed it for no charge and even paid for shipping both ways! Now it's back to working like a dream!

It was refreshing to deal with a company with such great customer service!
Milligan
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Taospark on Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:09 am

Milligan wrote:I should have followed up on this before!

Thanks, for the kind words, Tao, but I was having these problems back in May.

The result is that I can't say enough good things about Epson! I have a CX5400 Printer/Scanner/Copier. There's a known problem with the inkhead mechanism. It hopelessly clogs when you change the ink carts. It took me just over a year to go though my first set of carts. A week later, sure enough, clog city. (Isn't that in Denmark somewhere?) Anyway, I researched and found out that it was a known defect and contacted Epson. Even though it was well out of warranty by that time and technically they didn't have to do anything, they fixed it for no charge and even paid for shipping both ways! Now it's back to working like a dream!

It was refreshing to deal with a company with such great customer service!

That is a good deal. Canon pretty much gave me free shipping on my first re-order of ink cartridges.
Taospark
Junior Keenspotter

Return to Lost and Found Investigations