Quality Pepperoni

Private Eye Frank Chase and his partner/dog Max are on the case!

Moderator: Milligan

Quality Pepperoni

Postby Padre on Sun Nov 17, 2002 6:38 am

[In Reference to the strip of 11/15/02]
"Snap"
Would a good, quality pepperoni snap off like that? Even if good, quality pepperoni is fresh inside, I humbly believe that it would have a tough exterior casing. Does good, quality pepperoni goes "Snap" when used as a light saber?
Would Frank buy good, quality pepperoni? Is he of Italian heritage? Or does Max go through it so quickly that he'd buy the bargain basement brand?
Inquiring minds want to know!!! :-?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
that proscuitto is tasty....mmm-m-m-m-m-m :P
Padre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Major Tom on Sun Nov 17, 2002 8:48 am

but are you suggesting that quality pepperoni is more likely to give (thus creating more on a flexible "whump"), or that it is more likely to take the abuse on the chin, as it were, giving us more of a "clack-kaching" reaction?
Major Tom
Keenspot Deity

Postby AccordionDad on Sun Nov 17, 2002 6:35 pm

Well, now, speaking as one who has (1) had mock lightsaber duels, (2) eaten both high quality and discounted Hormel pepperoni, and (3) spent time learning the sounds that meats make, I have to posit an altogether different theory here:

The boys (I mean, the dogs), are clearly combating with Hickory Farms Beef Stick(tm) brand brand snacks leftover from last Christmas. Only a meat product with a Beef Stick(tm)'s fat content and convenient polyurethane casing would snap so loud and fly so far. You'll note that Frank does not look up to identify the meat. His assumption that it was pepperoni clearly derives from his forgetting that the Beef Stick(tm) Gift Set ($23.99 before coupon outside all mall-harbored Sears this year) was in the front closet, right beneath the 6 boxes of istoner gloves, and right on top of the holiday wall hanging that plays the final verse of "The 12 Days of Christmas" each time something (dust, wind) passes its $0.23 sensor.
AccordionDad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Hmmm

Postby Johnski333 on Wed Dec 04, 2002 7:59 am

I'm just posting this one so accordiondad isn't the last note in this thread-

thanks
Them Jammies is Tasty

Typed on a Mac.
Johnski333
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tim Tylor on Fri Dec 06, 2002 2:27 pm

Forget not the ancient Lancastrian martial art of Ecky-Thump, performed with black puddings in the age of The Goodies and practised by the die-hard faithful to this very day.
Tim Tylor
Keenspot Despot

Postby AccordionDad on Wed Dec 11, 2002 5:25 am

Ecky-Thump? This is not be confused with the seasonal martial art of Eckerd-Thump which involves brandishing the last roll of wrapping paper (a wrap-saber?) while charging down the aisle of the local pharmacy with your last 3 stocking stuffers ready for purchase.

Peace on Earth and Good Will to men as long as they're not in front of me on line.
Leave the world better than you found it.
http://www.davidvincenti.com
AccordionDad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Major Tom on Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:52 am

and if you make all your purchases in one place, such as a supermarket, they call that Stomp and Shop.
Major Tom
Keenspot Deity

Return to Lost and Found Investigations