The Never-Ending Story

Private Eye Frank Chase and his partner/dog Max are on the case!

Moderator: Milligan

Postby Rokkit Boy on Tue Oct 23, 2001 4:40 am

I'm doin' one of these thangs fo' every forum on the keenspot message boards. This is the 39th.
They will all get the exact same starting and I will see how differently they mutate.
It goes like this: I start a story with about 5 lines and whoever wants to can carry on after it, continuing until the sun explodes and we die.
Rules:
1.)Don't put your signature on the bottom of the post.
2.) Thats it.
THE NEVER-ENDING STORY.<P>I was sitting in the 'Breakgooses' cafe with a giant purple dragon and a sentient coin who kept flipping himself, when suddenly the waitress walked over and...<P>
Rokkit Boy
Keenspot Despot

Postby AccordionDad on Tue Oct 23, 2001 6:16 am

...colorful keys of yours, sharing in their rattling glee, riding your hips and the long stride of your legs, would just be pound-foolish. But I was just trying to explain to my brimstone-breath friend here the difference between heads and tails. Hey, as long as you're here, can you show him your...
AccordionDad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Johnski333 on Tue Oct 23, 2001 10:32 am

. . . snatched my little coin buddy thinking he was her tip.
"HEY!" little coppery Lincoln yells, to which the woman drops him back on the table.
"I'm so sorry Lincoln. I thought you wanted to ride around in my pockets again."
"Well yeah- who wouldn't? Anycoin who wouldn't want to ride next to those . . .
Johnski333
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby DrScottie on Wed Oct 24, 2001 12:19 am

...Breathe some fire into these vacant pockets o' mine. I sure could use it." With that the dragon reached into his pouch and pulled out ...
DrScottie
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Major Tom on Wed Oct 24, 2001 9:15 am

...tips?<P>"Sure.", she replied, a little self consciously, "But I...
Major Tom
Keenspot Deity

Postby Padre on Wed Oct 24, 2001 10:17 am

...don't even earn scale," she said woefully. The dragon said, "I understand all about making scale." The waitress giggled and smiled demurely. "Do think you think you'd like to.....
Padre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby AccordionDad on Sun Oct 28, 2001 6:33 am

his Zippo. "I just need a little something to get me started in the morning." He self consciously held the lighter to his lips and started to clear his throat when the cook came flying out of the kitchen, shouting....
AccordionDad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Major Tom on Mon Oct 29, 2001 10:49 am

<font size=10>"Ev'rybuddy shappap<I>!!</I> There's a <I>BOMB</I> in the oven an' it's...<font>
Major Tom
Keenspot Deity

Postby AccordionDad on Tue Nov 06, 2001 9:00 am

...ticking, but really, really slowly. In fact, it's been in there for an entire week -- I've just been cooking around it, mostly -- but all of a sudden just now it started to sing the theme song from "Gilligan's Island", and I'm afraid it's going to...
AccordionDad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Padre on Tue Nov 06, 2001 10:24 am

...make you join us here each week, my friend, and you'll be sure to get a smile, from our seven stranded castaways, here on Gilligan's Isle." Oh, forgive me. Please. I think that the bomb may actually be a mind-control device from KAOS....no-no-no-not them, I mean from Dr. Smith -"Warning. Warning. Warning, Will Robinson! Alien invaders are approaching." See what I mean. I cannot even carry on a conversation. I start breaking out into old T.V. show bits. It is radiating a mind-altering sound wave. And that's a fact. "Just the facts, ma'am, just the facts." Oh, there it goes again. I was eating breakfast this morning and I started singing the theme from...<P><p>[This message has been edited by Padre (edited 11-06-2001).]
Padre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MisterP on Fri Nov 09, 2001 1:11 am

...THE NEVER-ENDING STOOOOOOOOOOOOORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY .... IT'S THE NEVER-ENDING STOOOOOOORYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ...
MisterP
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Padre on Fri Nov 09, 2001 5:07 am

...but I stopped abruptly as I realized no one else was singing along. People just don't sing anymore. The waitress turned a deep shade of crimson, grabbed a piece of banana cream pie, and headed for the old couple in the corner. The dragon slithered behind the counter to brown the egg white topping for the lemon merangue pie. I went back to flip more burgers. The door opened. In walked...
Padre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby AccordionDad on Fri Nov 09, 2001 10:19 am

A six-foot leather coin purse with a big brass snap on his head and an attitude in his eyes. "Hey, Lincoln!" he shouted at the coin, now flipping himself all over the table of the couple in the corner. "Flip your tail (and your head) outta here! I told you about this place, didn't I?" He turned toward the elderly gentleman in the corner and asked.....
AccordionDad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Major Tom on Fri Nov 09, 2001 12:50 pm

..."Spare change?"<P>The gentleman looked flummoxed for a moment, then stirred from his stool and reached into his trousers (ever notice how old guys always wear 'trousers'?).<P>"NOO, ya idjit!!" yelled the purse, swatting the gentleman on the back of his head. <P>The purse then leaned over and caughed hard into his hand. "I gatta code an' I can't ged rid off da sduff.<P>HERE! Careful, it's wet. NOW, who else wandss some?"<P>I, of course, immediately replied...
Major Tom
Keenspot Deity

Postby AccordionDad on Wed Nov 21, 2001 6:25 am

"What kinda junk are you trying to foist on me, anyway? Gee, that's kind of a funny word, isn't it? Foist? Where did that word come from? And for that matter, where did..."
AccordionDad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Padre on Wed Nov 28, 2001 4:44 am

...that little guy with the pointy ears and the green suit come from - over there - sneeking out the back door?!?!?!?!?!?
We all rushed to the door, just in time to see the little guy disappear around the corner, along with what seemed to be a rather large man in a crushed red velvet jacket and pants with shiny black boots.
"What's going on?" yelled the cook. The penny jumped on the ground and rolled around the corner. "Oh my goodness!" he cried. "It's......
Padre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby DrScottie on Fri Nov 30, 2001 7:32 am

..."Elvis! He's alive!" The cruched red velvet suit shone with the brilliance only found in thousands of sequins and rhinestones. And the boots...Blue Suede. The coin flipped out and said "It must be some kind of Christmas Special taking place in the music hall next door." With that, the dragon turned to the waitress and said...
DrScottie
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby AccordionDad on Mon Dec 03, 2001 9:51 am

.... the first of the three kings. He must have arrived early. I heard Balthasar got hung up in Logan because he looked like someone on the FBI's watch list. Well, if the rest of this evening plays out like the original, then.....
AccordionDad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Lost and Found Investigations