Updates

Private Eye Frank Chase and his partner/dog Max are on the case!

Moderator: Milligan

Updates

Postby mamafrog on Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:10 pm

So how about letting us know what's going on? Is life intruding too much that the comic isn't going to post for awhile? I've been reading you pretty much since it started and I really miss when it doesn't get to update!
mamafrog
Junior Keenspotter

Re: Updates

Postby AccordionDad on Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:58 pm

*** This message has been deleted by the author ***
Last edited by AccordionDad on Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
AccordionDad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby dbrose on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:35 am

While the original question may have been somewhat intrusive in the way it was phrased, I feel the response (to what was essentially a question which is probably on the minds of many of this site's visitors ) was very rude and dismissive.

If updates are not going to occur - or will occur, but very rarely - or if visitors to this site are not welcome, this was all that needed to be said. Of course, no response at all (as has been the case for over a month) basically communicates the same message.

Having been an earnest supporter of this site in general and the Lost and Found strip specifically, I take offense to the reply to another fan of Matt Milligan's work. Accordion Dad can feel free to relax. I, and I gather many other visitors to this site, have clearly received his message.
dbrose
Junior Keenspotter

Postby AccordionDad on Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:24 am

I am most apologetic for the appearance of insult. My remark, which I have since removed, actually made reference to an inside joke I share with Mr. Milligan, and was primarily for his benefit. A-Dad is proud to count himself among L&F's oldest supporters, and acknowledges the spirit and support of this community.

Again, apologies for the perception of insult.
AccordionDad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Milligan on Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:10 pm

Whoa, I missed something that happened here.

A. To answer the original question, yes. Things happen. Real life intrudes.

And, 2. I've known A-Dad a long time and know he wouldn't intentionally insult a fellow fan of L&F. I also know he would be quick to leap to my defense if he felt I was being slighted. So let's chalk it up to the interweb's inability to transmit tone, inflection and intent.

I love drawing comics. If there isn't an update, there is a good (in my mind, anyway) reason why.

I am back to updating and all will be explained in a forthcoming blog post.

The fact that anyone still frequents this site is a frappin' miracle. You guys are hardcore.

Matt

EDIT: Okay, I just figured out who MamaFrog is. Yes, dbrose, you got caught in the middle of a Milligan family inside joke. Are you related to me too by any chance? This is what happens when the audience is comprised almost entirely of my family. Heh.
Go Read Lost & Found Already!
Milligan
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Anman on Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:21 pm

You could have a big family. That doesnt count as a negative disposition.
This forums backwards submit button is like spilling boiling hot water on your balls.
Anman
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby dbrose on Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:04 am

Thank you Matt and AccordianDad for replying to my post in such a polite and friendly manner.

I'm sorry for coming on so harsh. I've been reading Lost and Found since the very first strip here on Keenspot (and not through the archives). I am a huge fan, and I know I'm just one of many huge fans. I didn't understand AccordianDad's response to mamafrog. I thought it was an insult and came to the defense of another fan. It probably wasn't my place. Again, I'm sorry. I hope we can put this behind us and continue enjoying this great strip.

As to being a family member, I didn't get the joke - so if I am a family member, I must be the distant black sheep. :)
dbrose
Junior Keenspotter

Postby AccordionDad on Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:31 pm

This exchange has been a most excellent indicator of the caliber of fan here in L&Fland.

dbrose, thanks for understanding. And to MM's points:

(1) I should know better than to post an inside joke in an outside forum, but

(b) In our family, pretty much everything is an inside joke. I shall take care to include a [/begininsidejoke] or somesuch if I can't resist the urge tomorrow.

But seriously, I'm glad we got this all worked out before anyone got squa-BAMMed.
Leave the world better than you found it.
http://www.davidvincenti.com
AccordionDad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Anman on Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:55 pm

One day we can only hope to be inside of your family as well.
This forums backwards submit button is like spilling boiling hot water on your balls.
Anman
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Johnski333 on Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:40 am

Grass is always greener - lol just kidding - it's a stupendous family.
Johnski333
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Lost and Found Investigations