What is going on with Amy?

English people living together in sin.

Moderator: jawwa

Postby Divaflip on Tue Apr 16, 2002 9:31 pm

(I haven't been able to access the forum all weeks, keeps timing out on me, which is why this is late-ish)

anyway, I think we were told we would find out what was going on with her. Hair has been cut and lost its purple bits (*sniff*). Clothes have changed. And now she wants to be a pro skateboarder and have a move called the '540 degree second-semester lesbian'?

How much are we supposed to read into this? Don't tell me she is going to start dating Shelley (or Holly even).
Divaflip
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Gottverlassen on Wed Apr 17, 2002 6:19 am

I don't think she's going to date Holly or Shelley - because I think she's already involved with someone else around here, and has been for a while. Maybe that's why all the changes. In the interest of not posting possible spoilers, I won't say who, though.
Gottverlassen
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby jawwa on Wed Apr 17, 2002 7:37 am

Email me with who you think it is, Gottverlassen. i will tell you if you're right.

John A

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jawwa on 2002-04-17 08:39 ]</font>
jawwa
Keenspot Despot

Postby U2QueenBee on Thu Apr 18, 2002 4:47 am

Ack! When will the rest of us clueless people find out?? :eek: :???:

Edited because of the damn smilies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: U2QueenBee on 2002-04-18 05:51 ]</font>
U2QueenBee
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ButtOfMalmsey on Thu Apr 18, 2002 5:02 am

Not to mention that dear Amy has an ass you could serve tea off of.
"...then he turned the lot over and invested it in diesel powered nuns!"<P>"Which is where he went wrong, you see..."
ButtOfMalmsey
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby mothspiral on Fri Apr 19, 2002 3:52 am

Interesting comment from a person whose own rear is made up of white wine.

Or are you just related to Richard II?
Inside every cynic there's an idealist desperately yearning to be let out, and when they are let out they're usually a real pain and cause all sorts of trouble. --Chris Boucher
mothspiral
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ButtOfMalmsey on Fri Apr 19, 2002 5:12 am

Finally. Someone gets it. Although it's Richard III you mean- George, Duke of Clarence was drowned at Richard's order in a butt of Malmsey...

And I just have an eye out for girls with junk in their trunk (or, as Larry Brown wrote, White Girls with Black Asses).
"...then he turned the lot over and invested it in diesel powered nuns!"<P>"Which is where he went wrong, you see..."
ButtOfMalmsey
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby mothspiral on Sat Apr 20, 2002 2:44 pm

Oh, I got it some time ago, but there was never an appropriate time to comment. Sorry about the mix-up--I can't keep the monarchs straight.

I take it you've read "The Daughter of Time"?
Inside every cynic there's an idealist desperately yearning to be let out, and when they are let out they're usually a real pain and cause all sorts of trouble. --Chris Boucher
mothspiral
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ButtOfMalmsey on Mon Apr 22, 2002 5:22 am

Yeah, while I still had a Richard III habit. Also, I read a fascinating little TV transcript from a show done by the BBC in the 70s, sponsored by the Duke of Gloucester, Richard. They had a mock trial of Richard III, with a jury, and four of the top barristers working the case. It was truly fascinating, and the worst part of it is that I can't remember if they found him guilty.
ButtOfMalmsey
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby mothspiral on Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:08 am

When the local Renaissance Festival rolls around, Shakespeare's Skum puts on various versions of the Bard's plays, including Richard III--and they're always hysterical. I can't remember their title for that one, but some of the others are "Leave It to Hamlet," "Macbeth in 20 Minutes or Less" (they do time it), "How Julius Caesar Was Murdered by All of His Friends," and "Henry the V" (pronounced "vee"). It's always the highlight of the Fest for me.
mothspiral
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Jennet on Mon Apr 29, 2002 10:23 pm

"In 1984 members of the [Richard III] Society prepared evidence and appeared as defence witnesses in a television trial of Richard for the murder of the princes. The Trial of Richard III, a London Weekend Television production, was transmitted on Channel 4 for four hours on a Sunday evening. The script, edited by the producers, Richard Drewett and Mark Redhead, was published as a book under the same title. The jury, which had been chosen to represent a wide cross-section of the educated public, returned a unanimous verdict of 'not guilty.'"

<a href="http://www.r3.org/bookcase/misc/potter.html">Source</a>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jennet on 2002-04-29 23:27 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jennet on 2002-04-29 23:31 ]</font>
Jennet
Keenspot Despot

Return to Bobbins