Gisele wins a Lulu of an award!!

Love, graphic design, music and a cat :-)

Moderator: Gisele Lagace

Gisele wins a Lulu of an award!!

Postby kmd on Tue Aug 06, 2002 9:40 am

In case you haven't heard...

At Comic Con on Thursday night Gisele Legace won the Kim Yale award for Best New Talent at the Friends of Lulu awards. She was not able to be there, so Gav ended up accepting the award on her behalf.

Congratulations Gisele!
kmd
Extra-Dimensional Entity

Postby Skane on Tue Aug 06, 2002 5:39 pm

Not to be a wet blanket, but did they know CCS is officially over? I find ironic that CCS can still win the BNT award, when it is no longer running.
Skane
Keenspot Post Whore

People think they've got me all figured out

Postby Gisele Lagace on Tue Aug 06, 2002 7:30 pm

I find it ironic that people have me buried like if I'll never do any more cartooning JUST because I've quit CCS.

Quitting CCS doesn't mean I've quit cartooning; I'm just moving on to a new project. I felt trapped with CCS and want to feel more free with my creations. Looking on it now, I'm sure I would've quit CCS eventually; even if it brought in money. Making money from it would've just encouraged me to stay trapped a little longer -- that's all.

As for whether or not I'm a professional or loser or whatever; think what you want to think -- I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over it.

People who know me, know that I get bored REAL easily -- it's who I am. Plus, I'm a dreamer. What this means is that I have lots of ideas flotting in my head, and to stop and work on just one of them is REAL painful.

Expect my next projects to be more like small stories which could involve new characters in each one. Some may be recurring and some not. I just want to have fun creating and drawing new and exiting situation.

As for the LULU award, I didn't win for CCS as per say -- I won as being a new and promising writer/artist -- time will tell....

Think of Picasso -- not that I'm comparing myself to him in any way but... did he only do Cubism?? No, he was all over the place. He needed to experiment and if someone would've told him "Picasso, you're only going to paint paintings like your BLUE period", the guy would've went nuts!!

His BLUE period was all nice and dandy but he needed to move on. Most people do.

For those unhappy with the way I handled CCS, I'm sorry.
There's nothing more I can say than I've learned from CCS and I'm hoping my next cartooning endeavour won't end up like this one.

Cheers,

Gisele :)
Gisele Lagace
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Skane on Tue Aug 06, 2002 9:59 pm

Well, I will be honest and say I am disappointed by the lack of conclusion in CCS, but I guess I cannot bitch too much about it, least people say I am asking too much from a free lunch.

If by your own admission, you say you get bored easily, then I guess short mini-series will fit you style.

In any case, good luck and have fun with your new venture.
Skane
Keenspot Post Whore

Postby Jamie on Tue Aug 06, 2002 10:27 pm

I will miss CCS, but I can see where it might be confining from a writer
Jamie, KCI in the Order of the Knights of Jubal
Probi Immotiqve Este: Be virtuous and cool. PIQE.
Clan of the Cats
Melpomene: The Chaos Orb: An online graphic novel by Jamie Robertson and Clint Hollingsworth
Sebo: A weekly webcomic about a girl and her cat.
NCWCCC

"I don't believe in atheism." - Hawkeye Pierce M*A*S*H*
"Some times the Magic works. Some times it doesn't." - Cheif Dan George Little Big Man
Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby AntiEntropy on Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:47 pm

Skane wrote:Not to be a wet blanket, but did they know CCS is officially over? I find ironic that CCS can still win the BNT award, when it is no longer running.

The Tracy Ulman Show won an Emmy after it was cancelled.
Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
Hotspur: Why so can I, or so can any man, but will they come when you call for them?
AntiEntropy
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Skane on Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:19 pm

Must be a cultural thing. j/k ;)
Skane
Keenspot Post Whore

Postby Two-Four on Sat Aug 17, 2002 1:50 pm

*Sigh* Good Luck Gisele! ...and here I was just getting into your comic too. Well I'll keep an eye out for your newer stuff. Congrats on the Lulu!
Wow.... and here I was hoping I'd say something brilliant and insightful on my very first KeenSpot post.... *shrug*
-Dave

Nothing says "I Love You" like clicking mylink
Two-Four
Junior Keenspotter

Postby SSJRagnarok on Thu Nov 07, 2002 9:26 pm

I applaud you. *CLAPPING*
Beware the Darkness, for when it comes you will realize that it was here all along. The Darkness....is YOU.
SSJRagnarok
Keenspot Juggernaut

Return to Cool Cat Studio