Greystone books?

Greystone Inn is about a fictional comic strip ("Greystone Inn"), and the crew that produces it on a weekly basis.

Moderator: Brad J. Guigar

Market research

I'd buy all three books
17%
I'd buy the fourth GI collection
42%
I'd buy the "Best of" Parenting book
8%
I'd buy the "Best of" Lightning Lady book
25%
I'd buy two of the above
8%
I wouldn't buy any
No votes

Total votes : 12

Greystone books?

Postby Brad J. Guigar on Wed May 04, 2005 6:14 pm

I'm considering several books to offer later this year and early next year. Please read the following, vote in the poll, and comment below. If you're not registered (and wish to stay that way), feel free to use the Tagboard below the comic at my main site.

(1)A fourth "Greystone" compilation: This picks up where Book Three left off, but it will be a large (8.5 x 11") book with three strips to a page and commentary by me under each strip (kinda like the director talking about the film in a DVD). If you've ever bought a Melonpool book, you know what I'm talking about. Glossy cover. Perfect binding.

Most likely, it will finish the strips from 2002 and include all of the strips through 2003. Every book thereafter will be complete collections of the comics from that calendar year. That means that Book Four will be about 128 pages.

It will be priced in the $15-$20 range.

(2)Prodromal Teeth (and Other Perils of Pregnancy and Parenthood): This book collects only the strips about Samantha's pregnancy and how she and Mac dealt with that and early parenthood. It would include all of the pertinent strips that have been published online so far.

Same 8.5 x 11" page size. Same glossy cover. Same perfect binding. It will not, however, be presented as a collection of comic strips. Rather, the strips will be redesigned into a graphic novel format. See below for an explanation.*

It will be about 48 pages and retail at the $10-$12 range.

(3)The Best of Lightning Lady: Same as the parenting book, this will take the best Lightning Lady stories and present them in a graphic novel format.* Same book dimensions and specs as above.

It will be about 32 pages and retail at the $8-$10 range.

*Here's an example of taking the comic strips and re-formatting them in a graphic novel set-up: http://www.greystoneinn.net/images/FCBD.pdf

So... tell me what you think. Would you buy 'em? All of them? Only certain ones? Are the prices about right for you expectations? Would you pre-order the books? Do you have suggestions?
Last edited by Brad J. Guigar on Thu May 05, 2005 9:09 am, edited 5 times in total.
Brad J. Guigar
Keenspot Despot

Postby Brad J. Guigar on Wed May 04, 2005 6:20 pm

...and a "Courting Disaster" book is also in the planning stages, but it will probably be something for 2006. :)
Brad J. Guigar
Keenspot Despot

Postby Shadowydreamer on Wed May 04, 2005 10:25 pm

As the person with the LL costume - you KNOW I'd buy the LL book. I'd also try and afford the Parenting book for my mom - but don't want to say "I most definitely would" when.. y'know, life keeps happening..

-Shady.
The adventures of an evil rabbit and his penguin companion.
http://www.tuxandbunny.com
Shadowydreamer
Keenspot Despot

Return to Greystone Inn