ComicCon

Greystone Inn is about a fictional comic strip ("Greystone Inn"), and the crew that produces it on a weekly basis.

Moderator: Brad J. Guigar

ComicCon

Postby Shadowydreamer on Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:30 pm

So, I've been thinking of going to SD Comic Con this coming summer.. Y'know, have this LL costume and nowhere to wear it (not quite true, but humour me here) .. I was wondering, what kind of investiment am I looking at for hotel, etc? (Transportation has already me clutch my chest once in horror)

-Shady.
The adventures of an evil rabbit and his penguin companion.
http://www.tuxandbunny.com
Shadowydreamer
Keenspot Despot

Postby Torgen on Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:23 pm

I think we should critique your costume before you go. We all want you to make a good impression at the Con, and gain Brad more fans, after all ;)

(too bad LL doesn't have bracers. You could hide tasers in them to deal with fanbois)
Rat Patrol Radio- Wartime Tunes! WWII music and authentic news excerpts on the web!
Torgen
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Brad J. Guigar on Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:21 am

Here's some helpful information to help you make your decision:

http://www.comic-con.org/Pages/CCIHotels.html

:)
Brad J. Guigar
Keenspot Despot

Postby Shadowydreamer on Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:50 am

Heh. I have a few pounds to shed before I will take a picture of myself in the costume. ^_^ Tho, I will say one thing, Atkins diet is as marvelous as it claims to be. I can't eat dairy, caffiene, citrus fruits and spicey foods anyway (the last are allowed) so it's really not that much of a change from my regular diet. (Oh but I miss popcorn.)

Thanks for the link Brad. You'd think as a con runner I would have searched the con's site first! I'm such a doof. (Maybe my brain is trying to get my hair blonde by June? ^_^ )

Edit Add : Wow. They have a thingy you can check to say your handicapped. (Which I am) What a WONDERFUL and thoughtful feature. You sure San Diego isn't in Canada? (Ha. Like I know of any Canadian cons that have done that..)

But scary how many hotels are already booked up.

-Shady.
Shadowydreamer
Keenspot Despot

Postby Torgen on Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:12 am

I unfortunately go off Atkins when we travel (hey, how can we write about the food if we don't eat it?) and then have a problem getting back on the wagon, so to speak. It's good stuff.

(Looks at carb-loaded pantry)

Gonna be a little while before I go back on Atkins, though. Too poor right now to throw all this stuff out. :(
Rat Patrol Radio- Wartime Tunes! WWII music and authentic news excerpts on the web!
Torgen
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Shadowydreamer on Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:42 pm

Never made it as a wise man, never made it as a poor man stealing.. Er, sorry, CanCon moment.

I've found my hugest hurdle is living in my parents' house as I am (when I had my accident I had to move back in - fortunately the sun is on the horizon and it looks like I'll be out of here soon) having to share foodspace with them as well as cooking space.. and my mother lecturing on what I should and shouldn't be eating. I swear the reason I got so overweight in the first place is because they pile their plates high (no plate showing either) and then shovel it in. When I came back I couldn't even eat a third of it, now I could probably eat about half. *shudder*

Of course, mom's an RN on a baby delievery unit, and as the Canadian Health System is dangerously understaffed she's on her feet and moving for 12 hours a shift. My dad runs an insurance agency that's running top speed with no room for more agents and also on his feet and moving for 12 hours a shift. Needless to say they burn off the food that I can't.

I found a great book about 10 minute exercise sessions three times a day being as effective as one 30 if done right.. and once I get some space and privacy hopefully I can start doing that.

Of course, the goal is to be healthy and all that, not just look good in a spandex Lightning Lady outfit. *grin*

-Shady.
Shadowydreamer
Keenspot Despot

Postby mouse on Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:28 pm

ah yes, the logic of mothers. they fuss that you're not eating, and then they worry about your weight....
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby Shadowydreamer on Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:57 pm

*Gasp!* You've met my mother!

She was raised on a farm in Northern Ireland and is a true believer that the potato is the holy grail. ^_^

-Shady.
Shadowydreamer
Keenspot Despot

Postby mouse on Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:16 pm

mine was raised on a farm in oklahoma, and is a firm believer in the large hearty breakfast. which i myself am very fond of - but somehow it has a different effect on those who then spent the day weeding the crops, and those of us who spend the day weeding through data....
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby kmd on Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:11 am

My mom's Italian. At a very young age I was taught how to make pasta from scratch, along with plenty of other foodstuffs.

And you'd better believe, when you put that much effort into making the food, you're going to eat all of it. :D
kmd
Extra-Dimensional Entity

Return to Greystone Inn