Fanboyfriends

Greystone Inn is about a fictional comic strip ("Greystone Inn"), and the crew that produces it on a weekly basis.

Moderator: Brad J. Guigar

Fanboyfriends are...

...good
No votes
...disasters
100%

Total votes : 4

Fanboyfriends

Postby Brad J. Guigar on Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:13 am

Tales of the Fanboyfriend!!

Post your stories here!
Brad J. Guigar
Keenspot Despot

Postby Brad J. Guigar on Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:20 am

...and here's one to start us off... submitted by the evervescent Mrs. Darlington. (Longtime GI fan...longer-time GPF fan...all-around classy lady) :D

http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?t=58268
Brad J. Guigar
Keenspot Despot

The Good, the Bad, and the Fanboy

Postby Rose_of_Yoshiki on Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:43 am

[color=indigo]OK, a fanboy wasn't TOO bad of a date. I'm a geek, myself. (Watch me march over someone with my old Phantom and Burning Decks, or pound the snot out of some guy in Guilty Gear XX!) But he was SOOOO into his games. There wasn't time or room for me, it seemed.

Let's see, the sign he was too fanboyish (emphasis on boy) should have been that he lived in his parent's basement. The second was that he worked in a video game store.

OK, this horror story is the Sera's Angel costume some people missed out on. He calls me up and is all sweet and ederaing. [color=red]"I want to seduce the most powerful, beautiful woman in the world." [color=indigo]And I'm thinking, 'wow, he thinks of me as She-Ra.' (Told you I was a geek.) [color=red]"I have a present for you."

It turns out he found some sheat alluminum or something, and crafted a metle bikini for himself. I mean, for myself. He wanted me to play Sera's angel. I was kinda insulted; I mean, why should a character on a playing card be more special then me? We went our different ways a few weeks after that, when HE dumped ME, because I wasn't [color=red]'acting like a girlfriend. [color=indigo]How would he know how a girl acted? He's a FANBOY!

I've never met, and actually hold no aminosty for, his new flame. I might even like her, should I meet her. I just pity her, being second fiddle to a few inches of paint and paper. I'll dredge up some most stuff later, K, guys?
@}-^--- We Roses never die.... we mearly sleep until we awake.
Rose_of_Yoshiki
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Brad J. Guigar on Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:00 pm

The Serra Angel... (for the uninitiated)

The perfect hat for a bikini made out of crushed soda cans.
Brad J. Guigar
Keenspot Despot

Fanboyfriends!!!

Postby AttackOfTheSpam009 on Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:15 pm

Okay, here's my story of the Fanboy Love.

Okay, I dated this guy for about a month, and at the end of said month, he asked me to come back to his place.

Now, when I had first started dating him, I'd known he was kind of a Star Wars maniac - I met him at a hotel where there was a convention for fans, and I was at a journalistic conference in the next hall over. But there was no way to expect exactly what I got.

You see, when we got to his apartment, I immediately noticed that something was wrong - mainly because of the plastic lightsabers hanging over the fireplace, but also because of the action figures mounted in various sets and poses all over the house as centerpiece-type things. It was weird.

Anyway, after the traditional cup of coffee, he asked me shyly if I'd wear something for him. Suspecting it to be the gold bikini in the style of Princess Leia, I asked if I could see it first.

It turned out there WAS a gold bikini involved - but he was the one who wanted to wear it. And he wanted me to be Darth.

Now, if that's not a winner for the ick factor, I don't know what is.

Toodles!! Go barf up your dinners now!!!
This hearty and wholesome message has been brought to you by ATTACKOFTHESPAM, who respectfully reminds you that what can't be solved with words can always be solved with heavy artillery.
AttackOfTheSpam009
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Brad J. Guigar on Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:42 pm

Oh.... Oh my.... :o

After ONE MONTH he asks you this!?! :D

Imagine what was in store for the first anniversary...
Brad J. Guigar
Keenspot Despot

Postby Torgen on Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:23 pm

Pardon me while I crack open my skull and take a wire brush to my brain.

Anyone have some bleach?
Rat Patrol Radio- Wartime Tunes! WWII music and authentic news excerpts on the web!
Torgen
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Brad J. Guigar on Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:46 pm

CONTEST!

Okay! This has been too much fun, so I'm announcing a contest! Post your best Fanboyfriend story and win THIS BOOK

I'm going to leave the contest open until Sun, November 30. On Dec. 1, I'll open a poll and we can vote for a winner.

In the interest of fairness, this contest will accept tales of fangirlfriends, too.

No real names, please... and may the best story win!!
Brad J. Guigar
Keenspot Despot

Fanboyfriends!!! CONTINUES

Postby AttackOfTheSpam009 on Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:41 pm

Woo!!! I beith the first story to make people puke all over themselves... I feel special. And yes, he did wait until a month to ask me that - he was kind of shy most of the time, and we were only like twenty-one or twenty-two.

ANYWAY!!!! Someone get Torgen some sulfuric acid and a hunk of steel wool, because it took me like a week to get THAT image out of my head. A week of innumberable Sees Candies, Dark Chocolate, and several hundred glasses of cheap box wine (hey, i was in college, i was POOR).

Vote for meeeee, peoples!! Imagine the emotional scarring!! I need compensation!!! Actually, the Grand Poobah himself can keep the book for his own sick purposes, :D, but i still want the joy of winning. Because I'm like that!! Don't ya just LOOOOVE us competetive sorts??? :evil:
This hearty and wholesome message has been brought to you by ATTACKOFTHESPAM, who respectfully reminds you that what can't be solved with words can always be solved with heavy artillery.
AttackOfTheSpam009
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Torgen on Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:13 pm

Watch out, Argus will be offering to "fix" the vote if you agree to play "Jacquiline Heid" for him :D
Rat Patrol Radio- Wartime Tunes! WWII music and authentic news excerpts on the web!
Torgen
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kotjc_enigma42 on Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:22 pm

am I the only one who finds the image of a fanboy in a leia costume with his girlfriend as Darth Vader funny? I was laughing out loud for a few minutes.
kotjc_enigma42
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Rose_of_Yoshiki on Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:47 am

That IS pretty grodey.

Aluminum bikini aside, my ex never really asked me to do much. He just kind of assumed I was there. "Wanna go on a date?" Sure! We stood for four hours in the rain for a Playstation 2. Which he didn't get. And I spent most of the time making taco runs. "Oh, it processes this and runs that and can we get another soda, honey? You wouldn't understand teh conversation, anyways."

Or the time we stood another three hours in the sleet for tickets to Star Wars, 1 or 2, I don't remember. "Oh, he kills this and his history is that, and would you get us some milk duds, baby?" But that, in no way, tops bikini-Leia and Vader.
@}-^--- We Roses never die.... we mearly sleep until we awake.
Rose_of_Yoshiki
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Shadowydreamer on Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:31 am

OH! Rose has reminded me of a real winner.. (See? I have the healthy habit of repression!)

I spent nine very long months of my life living in Victoria. The PEOPLE were wonderful, but it's on an island where ferries stop running at 9pm and the streets are rolled up at 10pm. Me, being a night owl with no car was miserable. If you didn't live within walking distance of downtown (which I didn't) you were doomed to be stuck in your house between 10pm and 7am.

Anyway. So I made friends. Some people I already knew through BBS's (am I aging myself?) and met their friends and friends of their friends.. One of them was a guy, er, named.. BOB!

He was fun, funny, intelligent, quick witted and a complete and utter computer geek. Naturally we got along like bread and butter. (Any guy who has an XT nailed to his wall will impress me!) He and his live-in girlfriend were going through a nasty breakup so we hung out *all the time* .. bestest of best friends and all that.. I often stayed at mutual friends so I could hang out with him, rather than having to head home at 8pm via buses.

So, as is predictable, we got involved. I never quite realized I was molding to his schedule, I was paying for most of everything, including computer parts that I never got to use, that I was always travelling to him and if he said "jump" I said "How high?" on the way up. Not that he would have been that unsubtle!

The final straw of being ignored for computer building, LAN gaming, geek magazines, comics and various other toys was when he'd come back to Vancouver to visit with me. On his first visit over, I'd gotten REALLY sick so I couldn't play proper host (to which I got guilted about seriously), so this time I went drastically out of my way showing off all the cool things about Vancouver and various touristy stuff. Cost me a fortune, but "all was worth him"

We were sitting with a bunch of friends in a Denny's (Yes, we too have those in the Great White North. There is no escape!) and we were discussing various things.. Philosophy, Life, Physics, all sorts of various things. A friend of mine and er, Bob, were discussing something metaphysical and I chimed in with my opinion and er, Bob turned to me and said "Shhh, you're too stupid to understand this."

Three friends heads swivel. I say, "Excuse me?"

He pats me on the shoulder and says "Don't worry, I like you anyway."

LIKE ME? I've been kowtowing to this egotistical butthead for MONTHS and he LIKES me? DESPITE my supposed stupidity? This ignorant little worm! How dare he?! I'm far from stupid!

And yet, he was still confused when I told him I never, ever, ever wanted to hear from him again. You know, that fanboy innocence because they've never once thought outside of their own interests and paradigm. Beh!

-Shady.
(Still not as good as the Leia thing, but I wanted to share. :)
The adventures of an evil rabbit and his penguin companion.
http://www.tuxandbunny.com
Shadowydreamer
Keenspot Despot

Postby AttackOfTheSpam009 on Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:26 pm

Well, Shadowydreamer certainly winds the jerk boyfriend contest, if not the fanboyfriend one - hot damn on a stick, I can't stand people like that. They make me want to throw things at them. Preferably large, heavy, pointy things.

Although Rose_of_Yoshiki's four hours in the rain for a Playstation 2 was pretty awful. I'd just leave, probably - being spineless all through high school made me grow a rather rigid backbone once I hit college.

By the way, kotjc_enigma42, you're not the only one - I told all my friends and they, after being severely grossed out for a few minutes, wouldn't stop laughing me and calling Darth Spammer. And yes, people DID, unfortunately, call me Spam - I never really understood it. But hey, who really does understand college?

As for Torgen's comment, I am officially going to BOMB Argus (even though he's a fictional character - I hope) and/or anyone else who asks me to be a comic book, movie, book, or TV show character of any kind. Seriously. Stony little bugger.

Anyhow, that went on a bit longer than expected - sorry if I'm cluttering the board, but you know whatever.
AttackOfTheSpam009
Junior Keenspotter

Postby kotjc_enigma42 on Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:38 am

Times like this makes me think I've really got something loose in my noggin. The jerkboy friends (4 hours for PS2, "I like you anyway") piss me off. Fanboy friend or no, anyone who treats someone else that way should have excessively unnice things done to them. However that Darth-Leia thing... thats just amusing. I never even went through the gross-out phase, just laughing.

However, I do know what you mean about fanboy friends being off... I have one friend, lets call him Joe (the fanboy in this short story) who has a girlfriend, who we'll call Jane. Joe's a freshman in college, still living off his parent's money, Jane's in high school, about 100 miles north of where we're attending college. Joe's parents give him money to spend on Jane, but Jane won't let him spend it on her because he's going to college. On the otherhand, he does go EVERY weekend to see her, regardless of what he needs to do. Strange, no? She won't let him buy her stuff, but he drives 200 miles every weekend... Where will it end? I dunno. Just another example of fanboys in strange relationships...
kotjc_enigma42
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Shadowydreamer on Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:24 pm

I got turned into a comic book character.. I think I came out of it okay. ^_^

I live in a city where, amongst the age group which I belong (25-35), the accepted dating practice is polygomy. Which, really, ain't my thing. Add into that I believe in love before sex, and I really don't have a lot of men pounding down my door. Add into that fun mix that I really AM a dreamer, a believer and a magic bean buyer, I tend to get involved with all the wrong sort. Four years ago, I put down my foot and set my standards. I said no longer will I let myself be a doormat, no longer will I bow my head to the wishes of others when its detrimental to me or my mental health.. No more have I had a date since.. Well, beyond Texas-guy, and we all know how THAT went.

It's a good thing I have a penguin and a bunny to hug. ^_^

-Shady.
The adventures of an evil rabbit and his penguin companion.
http://www.tuxandbunny.com
Shadowydreamer
Keenspot Despot

fanboyfriends!!!

Postby AttackOfTheSpam009 on Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:19 pm

Well, thank goodness for the bunnies and pengiuns of the world, even if the aforementioned bunnies are evil and the aforementioned penguins are Linux mascots.

I love the word 'aforementioned'! Isn't it a great word????

Ahem. Anyway, this really doesn't have anything to do with anything, but could ya'll help me out? Y'see, I am now a vampire, and I'm playing this stupid webgame where we have to drink peoples' blood - 'tis odd. But if you guys click this link http://quiz.ravenblack.net/blood.pl?biter=Synnove
i get more blood! I get ten pints for everyone i lure, so PLEEEEEEASE WILL YOU HELP????

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ????
AttackOfTheSpam009
Junior Keenspotter

Return to Greystone Inn