ok, so back to the strip....

Greystone Inn is about a fictional comic strip ("Greystone Inn"), and the crew that produces it on a weekly basis.

Moderator: Brad J. Guigar

ok, so back to the strip....

Postby mouse on Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:16 pm

will psi-girl's reading today (11/7) result in:
a) lightning lady's making an effort to win keagan back or
b) lightning lady's reducing keagan to a small pile of smoldering ashes when next they meet?

(ok, so probably not b, 'cause we can't lose keagan as a character - but am i the only one to think he's going to walk away from their next meeting wondering what hit him?)
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby Brad J. Guigar on Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:24 am

...And today's events don't make that situation any better, do they? ;)
Brad J. Guigar
Keenspot Despot

Postby mouse on Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:25 pm

poor fanboy - he's kind of a slow learner, isn't he?
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby Torgen on Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:03 am

actually, the fanboi thing is a RUSE! He's actually a super villain, expert in manipulating people's minds (as evidenced in the last two strips.) He'll set up Lightning Lady to relapse into a life of crime to "show" Keagan, and then she'll be left to take the fall as he disappears. I mean *look* at that smug look!

Belt him, LL! :D
Rat Patrol Radio- Wartime Tunes! WWII music and authentic news excerpts on the web!
Torgen
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Shadowydreamer on Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:24 am

Yeah, he's not WORTH a lightning blast. ^_^

Everytime in my life someone tries to convince me that the "man I love" is bad for me, or its good we broke up, or whatever, it sends me right back into that person's arms. (And women wonder where we get this reputation for illlogic..)

If Fanboy wants to steal LL he's going about it all wrong. Should have started with a "dinner to talk about it." ^_^

-Shady.
The adventures of an evil rabbit and his penguin companion.
http://www.tuxandbunny.com
Shadowydreamer
Keenspot Despot

Postby Torgen on Sun Nov 16, 2003 1:53 pm

(makes note: "dinner to talk about it")

;)

Ah, who am I kidding? Been married ten years and still marvel that she hasn't thrown me out on my ear yet! :D
Rat Patrol Radio- Wartime Tunes! WWII music and authentic news excerpts on the web!
Torgen
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby TCampbell on Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:33 am

"Thanks for making me realize how much I truly love Keagan. Thank you also for showing me, in horrifying detail, just what kind of dating scene awaits me if I *don't* try to get back together with Keagan. I'd have you arrested, but I'm just too grateful and too much of a convicted felon."
TCampbell
Keenspot Despot

Postby Torgen on Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:34 am

He's mad now, but next Con, he'll be auctioning off those Spiderman pajamas and selling autgraphs as "The Guy Who Banged Lightning Lady"

Should be fun to watch watch happens when she happens across his booth :D
Torgen
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Shadowydreamer on Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:40 pm

Does it frighten anyone that Brad has a firm grasp on the female brain? I mean, someone, somewhere OBVIOUSLY gave away the "Woman's handbook" .. Hope they charged him an arm and a leg..

As far as LL goes.. He looked like a rare fanboy breed.. One who baths, one who has a life outside of fandom and one who doesn't believe he's absolutely always right and will defend his opinions by talking over anyone who dares disagree, getting louder and louder as he does so.

Not that I staff cons or anything.. ^_^

-Shady.
Shadowydreamer
Keenspot Despot

Postby Brad J. Guigar on Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:25 pm

I've been getting Tales of Fanboy Love on my home page Tagboard... sounds like you're ready to add some!

Share your story! Fanboys and the Women Who Dump Them! LMAO
Brad J. Guigar
Keenspot Despot

Postby Shadowydreamer on Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:54 pm

LOL! I've actually never really dated a fanboy.. But here's an entertaining story none the less.. ^_^

I run a star trek writing sim thing. Got to know guy in the group. He was nifty and all that. Girl in the sim also interested in him and kept blathering her fool head off about him and how they'd shared their dreams. I asked him if there was something going on with the two of them (See? I'm not TOTALLY oblivious) he says no. I make plans to fly down to San Antonio to visit. About a week before he hasn't answered any emails or returned phone calls, so I send him an email saying "What's up? Still want me to visit" blah blah blah. He sends me back a "hurried" email saying how he's soooo looking forward to my visit etc etc. So I say okee dokee.

So we spend a week together, he's totally stand offish, the other chick phones a couple times, but whatever.. I go sit out on the balcony and read my book. (I really hate listening to half a conversation.) Couple nights later he's writing her an email, and I guess he didn't realize just how good my eyesight is for distance.. I could read what he was typing. He was apologizing that I was there, and that it was so inconvienent for them to communicate, and I'd be gone soon and how he really wanted HER there and blah blah blah.

I waited for him to retire for the evening and did what any Lightning Lady follower would do -- I went through his email. LOTS of email dissing me and declaring his true feelings for her, how he never wanted me there but I FORCED myself on him, and etc etc. I sat for about a minute looking at the screen, got up, packed up all my belongings, left him money to cover room and board and booked a ticket home.

The ONLY reason I woke him to leave first thing in the morning was because his complex had the stupidest security system, you had to have a key to get OUT.. (That'd be so illegal in Canada. What're people supposed to do in a fire? Go searching for their keys before they leave their apartments?) He asked if I wanted him to call a Taxi. I said no, I already had thanks. He insisted on carrying my suitcase out, not seeming to be surprised I was so completely PO'd. (I think I said no more than 4 words to him during the halfhour) .. He asked me to call when I got home, I said I'd call from Seattle-Tacoma airport to say I made it safe and that was that.

I felt like a very liberated female. It cost me an extra $600 to leave several days early, but up his! Lying sod.

Last I heard, he had requested a transfer to England and they were buying a house together after two visits from her. The really scary part is.. She has a six year old son. Who has never met him. Nice parenting there, but whatever, they're made for each other as far as *I'M* concerned!

*Phew!*

Probably more than you wanted or expected! :D

-Shady.
(And people wonder why I don't date much..)
Shadowydreamer
Keenspot Despot

Postby kmd on Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:38 am

OK Brad, you wanted Tales of the Fanboy, I've got one. ( I really wish I didn't!)

I dated a guy in college for 2 years that was a total fanboy. I have way too many stories to tell here. I told him up front that I didn't like Star Trek, and that was a love he was just going to have to indulge in when I wasn't around. Well, the problem here is, he has a chemical imbalance, and his moods fluctuated wildly all the time. He was on and off antidepressants most of the time we were dating. This wouldn't be so bad, except he knew he could use this to manipulate me into doing whatever he wanted. If Star Trek was coming on, and I told him I didn't want to watch it, he would pout and mope and generally be pitiful until I caved. I even went and saw First Contact with him in the theaters! He basically used this ploy to get me to do whatever he wanted. And he would spend any money he had on Star Trek/Star Wars toys, while we were going out on dates dutch! We were engaged for a while, and he couldn't afford to buy me a ring, so I he gave me a twist tie from a loaf of bread as a ring, and I wore that thing around as proud as if it was a 5K diamond! Then he got this great internship where he saved up a lot of money and I thought "Finally, he's going to buy me a ring!" No, he bought himself a Mac, a SECOND TV for his dorm room, lots of movies and Star Trek/Star Wars toys! And couldn't understand why I was so hurt...

He used to tell me all the time that I was in the wrong major, that he knew more about computers than I did. He was an art major and had a ton of free time. I was computer science and math and had homework every night. He would tell me that I was stupid and then would sabatage my study time. I mentioned he had a Mac, well he bought computer games that could only be played on a PC and then would call me when I was trying to study for a big test and tell me he wanted to come over and play his games. When I would say No, we went back to the whining and begging and moping until he got what he wanted. If I tried to block him out while he played, he would turn up the speakers and talk to me every couple of minutes, and then when I would end up flunking the test, he'd say "See, I told you, you're too stupid to work on computers."

The final straw was my 21st birthday. It was on winter break, so he drove to my home to spend the day with me. It was a 2 hour drive, but the way he talked about it you'd have thought it was a big deal! We spent my birthday at Wal-Mart, with me buying him a Star Wars toy that he didn't have the money for. Lunch at Burger King, which I paid for. Then my sister had a great surprise for me. She wanted to get me a cat for my birthday. but she wanted me to pick it out. I thought this was great, so me, my sister and my boyfriend got into her car and went to the shelter. Well, that near to Christmas the shelter doesn't want to give out pets, so we went to several pet stores, all out of cats. We drove out of town and finally found one. The whole time my boyfriend is in the back seat grousing about how he came "all this way" to spend time with me, not look for a cat. So, we go in, and I see this one cute kitten. But she didn't look really healthy, she had a weepy eye and was really tiny. My sister tried to convince me to pick another cat, and I handed the kitten off to my boyfriend to look at another one. It was at that time the sick kitty took a big diahhrea dump all over my boyfriend! All down his coat, his shirt sleeve, his jeans, his shoes and into a big puddle into the floor! My sister then exclaimed "That's the right cat for you!" and she came home with us. :D Once I got that little ball of love home, I realized that she showed me more unconditional love than my boyfriend ever had. So I dumped him. I still have the cat, though she loves on my husband more than me. She always could tell a good man from a lousy one!
kmd
Extra-Dimensional Entity

Postby Rose_of_Yoshiki on Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:48 am

Oh, how sweet! Cats can always pick a good one, I swear. Next time I get a date I'm listening to , Mizzy, my Siamese. She HATED my last fanboyfriend with a passion!
@}-^--- We Roses never die.... we mearly sleep until we awake.
Rose_of_Yoshiki
Junior Keenspotter

Postby mouse on Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:15 pm

why do i suddenly have the sense i'm seeing the model for dexter? sounds like the cat definitely paid you back for saving her!
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby kmd on Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:06 am

Yes, in the beginning Dexter was definitely based on this old boyfriend. Well, in real life he wasn't quite so spherical, but he certainly wasn't slim and trim either. But, as time has gone on Dexter has taken on a life of his own and now has his own personality (and redeeming qualities!) totally separate from my ex.
kmd
Extra-Dimensional Entity

Postby mouse on Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:21 pm

lucky dex!
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Return to Greystone Inn