TCM Fanart!

Furries + college life + Vince Suzukawa = one great comic strip!

Moderator: ClassMg

TCM Fanart!

Postby soloDOTcom1185 on Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:34 am

Okay, here's some of my fanart for The Class Menagerie! Sorry about the notebook paper lines, but that was the only paper I had at the time. And also, sometimes the pictures don't show up for the first time, so you have to keep right-clicking the picture and click on 'show picture'. I'm trying to find a good place to upload my pics, so bear with me. :)
Aww... It's Damon and Lisa, the cutest couple in the comic! :D I know it looks like Lisa's pretty tall, but she's really standing on a ledge to get a height boost to match her cute boyfriend. 8)

One more:
It seems to me that Brad's having a :evil: day! Why does Kevin always like to fool around with Brad's coffee, anyways? He knows that he can't get away with it! :roll:

You guys can probably see that my favorite characters are Lisa, Damon, and Brad, as well as Tony. I haven't posted my picture of him yet because I don't think it looks too good as of yet.

Tell me what you guys think, and maybe you can give me some ideas on what to draw next?
-soloDOTcom1185

edit: fixed the damon and lisa pic, but I'm not able to fix the link to brad... :(
Last edited by soloDOTcom1185 on Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soloDOTcom1185
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby House of Anchors on Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:26 pm

That first picture is pretty cute. I can't really tell if I can see Lisa's tail in there, though, but I really like the way you did the eyes... Not being a remotely decent artist myself, I can never draw them in good proportion to the rest of the face, so I guess that stood out to me.

The second picture, unfortunately for Kevin, seems to be pretty typical, minus Brad's "insane" look. :P Also looks pretty good, although I might have liked to actually see Kevin (but that's bias on my part, as he is one of my favorites).

As for Tony, I bet he could fit into that second scenario off to the side, sighing in exasperation while reading a Bio book or something... You might as well post it anyway, so others who are better at art than I am can perhaps give you constructive criticisms on how to improve it, if you're unsatisfied with it.

Regarding hosting images, for anything less than 250kb, Photobucket isn't half bad. For anything over that limit, it'll resize it... but I don't know of any other image host. Someone else will probably post a link to one, sooner or later...
House of Anchors
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby soloDOTcom1185 on Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:56 pm

Awesome! A reply! :D

House of Anchors, I did forget to draw Lisa's tail. Actually I'm thinking of redoing that pic and digitally coloring it. But seeing that I have absolutely no idea how to go about computer coloring, this will probably take a while... I'm trying to learn how to do it through online tutorials. I hope I learn fast, cuz all my pics are horribly boring without color to them. :lol:

And about Tony being in the picture with Brad and Kevin, that's actually a pretty good idea. I think I'll redo that one too...

Thanks for your opinion! :D I thought no one would post about my pictures... :cry:
soloDOTcom1185
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby House of Anchors on Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:50 am

"House of Anchors, I did forget to draw Lisa's tail. Actually I'm thinking of redoing that pic and digitally coloring it."

I read up to this point, and thought, "Oh, maybe I should ask how to do that, since I can't seem to color with colored pencils at all!" Hope!

"But seeing that I have absolutely no idea how to go about computer coloring, this will probably take a while..."

*hopes crash and burn*

But then you say something about online tutorials? Got a link? :D

Not many people seem to post here much anymore, although I know for fact that people swing by and take a look at the topics - the view counters keep increasing. It's just that no one posts... although, if they would, that would perhaps breathe some life back into the forums... which would be nice. :-?
House of Anchors
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lord Emsworth on Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:07 am

For the record, House of Anchors, with the notable exception of the "Sinfest" forum (which frightens me), usually once a comic's creator has ceased producing new material for the specific strip *and* ceased to look at the forum, activity naturally tends to decrease. (As you can see by the date on earlier posts, it's been quite some time since "re-runs" started.) A few still check, out of boredom, or while checking other boards, or for things like CJ Garver's epic or even the unexpected fanart, like the above.

Capital work, soloDOTcom1185 (although I wish you had a shorter username!) The Brad one isn't showing up for me at present, but I had seen it earlier. To be honest, I'm not sure an additional figure, like Tony, is needed, but that's mainly because I often had difficulty when dealing with multi-character compositions. It probably comes down to the scale, however. I don't know how large most of your drawings are, so that usually makes a difference (in my case, if I added another character, they'd have to be falling through the ceiling most of the time).
Lord Emsworth
Keenspot Despot

Postby CJGarver on Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:24 am

Figured I should chime in here as well; better late than never. :P

Don't worry much about the tail; I do that all the time (most recently for a pic I did for Gneech of Suburban Jungle). I don't think it detracts from anything, but others who've frequented this board would probably disagree with me on that. :) The Lisa/Damon picture looks very cute. I was initially doubtful about whether that style of eyes works with Damon, but on further consideration, it can suit him especially since there's a difference in the way you did them for Lisa and Damon (Lisa's are slightly larger, which adds more cuteness and a bit of feminity to them). Brad was never one of my favorite characters, but you do a good job portraying him (and his primary motivation). Heh...spleen. :D

Don't get me started about trying to color things via ANY method. *grumble* If you do figure out how to do it, tell me how, as I have SO many pics I would like to be able to color. :-?

Peace!
-CJ
CJGarver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to The Class Menagerie