Forum wrap up.

Furries + college life + Vince Suzukawa = one great comic strip!

Moderator: ClassMg

Forum wrap up.

Postby ClassMg on Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:56 am

Well, the forum debuted sometime early August 2000; it was official (linked off the main page, at least) Aug 13.

Traffic here has dropped, and even I don't have the time to post here that I'd like.

I don't see any need to actually delete the forum, but I'll more or less make it known I'm no longer officially maintaining it (and perhaps have Keenspot put it in the "retired" strip area) sometime in the next two weeks. I *will* check back on it every once in awhile to make sure nobody is doing stuff here they shouldn't, but people wandering by will need to know posts here will not get my immediate attention.

And I will move any related activity to my livejournal. Which, admittedly, is only slightly more reliable than the Keenspot forums, but there'll be less clutter since I am the only one who can create a topic.

I'd say there's always e-mail, but anyone who's tried to e-mail me knows that's pretty iffy too :wink:

It's been a pleasure, everyone, but it's time to move on. Thanks to all the visitors here for three great years!

Vince
ClassMg
Keenspot Despot

Postby Loxley on Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:35 am

But... but... I never got to make Despot! :)

Well, I for one plan on sticking around. I mean, where else are CJGarver and Komerade going to post their long running fanfics? Whither N/K acerbic wit? Whence Lord Em's culture, eidetic memory, and preternatural editing ability, which he will no doubt use to tell me I probably misspelled eidetic and misused preternatural. And where else can y'all watch pathologically straight classic car enthusiasts argue with executive homosexual SUV drivers? Uh, wait. Bad example. Anyway. At least you're not closing down the forum, Vince. If anything, it'll IMPROVE the signal to noise ratio, I would think. We'll certainly miss your posts on the forum, but hey, that's what your livejournal is for. It will actually have the affect of INCREASING our "Vince fix", oddly enough.

Besides, how else are we going to plan the next CMF get together at MFF?

BTW, Shep... I'm getting my 68 Cat out of the shop like today or tmw or whenever I can get a ride (I've been bicycling Caleb Sherman style 5 miles to work each way). I think it's just possible that I might drive the Cheshire Cat up to MFF and introduce her to the Behemoth. Mwahahah!

Loxley
Loxley
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby yrrab436 on Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:01 pm

Aw, life goes on though. It must have been quite a "ride" in its prime. Thanks for not deleting it. The forum history must contain a wealth of information
yrrab436
Keenspotter Supreme

Noooooooo!!!!

Postby Blathering Bear on Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:51 pm

:cry:

*sniffle* Ok I know I haven't been posting here for a while. So, here is probably the last post I will ever make. Vince, it's been a blast and I hope to see some part of yer incredible art in the forseeable future. Hope springs eternal, so they say! :D
Bear huggggggggggs!

BB
Blathering Bear
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ShepherdWolf1 on Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:00 pm

Yow. Never thought I'd see this day... :-?

Well, I guess this is the end to a chapter in all of our lives, this message serving as the ellipses on the last page of the forum's activity, indicating another bump in the plot arc of our lives, turning the page on the character development of our interactions with one another, as the font of our changing lives increases or diminishes with time, and, uhhh, we come to the last page in the book of the Class Menagerie, unless you count the posts or cameos after this one, which I guess are the acknowledgements or something, or maybe the notice you occasionally see on the typeface. The analogy only goes so far, you know? :-?

Anyway...we had a good run. :)

Loxley wrote:I think it's just possible that I might drive the Cheshire Cat up to MFF and introduce her to the Behemoth. Mwahahah! Loxley

For a moment, I thought you meant "introduce" them at 55 mph. LOL, scared me there. The fusion of metal is, in this case, an unmitigated Bad Thing. =)
ShepherdWolf1
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Octapus on Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:40 pm

As long as it's here, I will be too. To be totally honest, this place is where I get most of my human interaction, and I go all funny without it.
Octapus
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Thelonius02 on Wed Jul 30, 2003 5:33 pm

I really wish I'd joined this board earlier. I remember stumbling upon TCM in late 2000. "Eh? What's this? A comic strip online? What a stupid idea. Who'd want to read that?" Then I stumbled upon it again years later, way after it was over, and now I love it. Oh well. Still, I can't help but feel like I missed out on a lot of good times...
Thelonius02
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Fallwind on Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:25 pm

Well, i'll still be here. Although i dont post all that often i do check the board several times a day when i get a few spair minutes.

after all, I need to get a few more points racked up to beat Alfador in the "Most likely to be buried with a computer logged on to the Class Menagerie Forum" awards :)
I cant say that things will be better if we change; what I can say is that we must change for them to get better
Fallwind
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Matt Smith on Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:24 pm

It'll be a shame to see this place wind down, especially in light of all the fabby artwork that's been appearing lately. Will you still be posting new arty things elsewhere, Vince? Assuming you'll ever read this, obv.

Also, since you mention e-mail, did you get the last one I sent? I'm having trouble keeping track of them these days, because Yahoo! keeps eating them and I can't get Outlook or Hotmail to work properly, and AOL Mail is just unspeakably foul.

Take care, Mr S.

Matt
Matt Smith
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby The Gneech on Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:53 am

*bows respectfully to the artist and his work*

Ladies and gentlemen...

...and the rest of you...

...please join me in a cheer for Vince and The Class Menagerie!

Hip, hip, hooray!
Hip, hip, hooray!
Hip, hip, hooray!

Or in more casual terms, you rule, dude. :)

-The Gneech 8)
http://www.suburbanjungle.com - The life, loves, and career of aspiring supermodel and ferocious predator, Tiffany Tiger

NeverNever - The story of the faeries at war with humanity, and of the humans who just don't notice
The Gneech
Keenspot Despot

Location: I'm usually at work, except when I'm not, but I'm at work then, too.

Postby Lorelei Lee on Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:39 pm

Okay, dammit! I will _not_ cry! I won't. It's just a forum; one for a comic strip that I've read before. There's no need to feel like I'm losing something. The forum isn't _that_ important!

Oh, edit, Why bother? I'm going to miss coming here and _knowing_ there'll be something interesting said, something to look at...or to remind me that there are others out there with problems. Thank you all, and you especially, Vince, for being a calm port in an otherwise turbulent (and sometimes windless and therefor boring) sea.

~LL~
Don't you hate being a genius and cute too?!
Lorelei Lee
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kahnol on Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:52 pm

Everything's gotta end sometime. Even so... :-?

I'll regret not getting very much into the forum. Even though I really wanted to, I guess I just never felt like I had much to say. I was here for a long time, but I just never really said much. And I'll probably regret that.

Still, I realyl enjoyed reading the posts people put up here. This little community is probably one of the funniest, most intelligent places I've been to. It'll hurt with it dwindling down and eventually going out in a puff of smoke... but at least the people who made this forum so great will still be around! I've made quite a few friends because of this place, some of them being the best friends I've ever had. I'll always be thankful for that.

And you made it possible, Vince. :) Thanks.
Kahnol
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby yrrab436 on Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:01 pm

Hey, the forum will still be here! Vince may not have time for it anymore, but there will still likely be new people around sometimes that have questions to ask!

Oh, and yes:
The Gneech wrote:...please join me in a cheer for Vince and The Class Menagerie!

Hip, hip, hooray!
Hip, hip, hooray!
Hip, hip, hooray!

Or in more casual terms, you rule, dude. :)

Hip, hip, hooray!
Hip, hip, hooray!
Hip, hip, hooray!
yrrab436
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ryuu Majin on Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:14 pm

HOEEEEEEEEEE!?!?! Finished?! :o

But... but... I still want to draw more for you Vince! I still want to make a bomb... errr, I mean, fan art for you! I still want to make doujinshi for you! What's going on Vince? :cry:

Don't say like we won't meet again, please?!
( :roll: Geez, like we have often met before :-? )
BIG FAN of VINCE!!!

My Gallery is a result of mixed mind.
Ryuu Majin
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Hallan on Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:18 pm

Despite things winding down, Vince, don't think for an instant that you haven't made a difference in our lives. Heck... I actually waited a few days to think about what I was going to write here. Never thought that event would happen. Now if only it would rub off into normal life instead of just writing, I might just get my foot out of my mouth on occasion.

This move to downgrade the forum to 'retired' status comes as no surprise to me. Without a daily strip to comment on, most of the posts here have been off-topic or 'keeping in touch'. Of course traffic has gone down. Still, I'm glad to be here. Kahnol is absolutely right: this is a fun community to be in.

I'll keep posting here, as time and inspiration allow, and I'm going to attend the Second Annual Class Menagerie Forum Reunion if I have to attach skis and a jet engine to my car and blast over 8 foot snow drifts come November. My Cavalier may not be the equal of Shep's Behemoth in terms of durability, but put a determined tiger behind the wheel and it'll get there.

Three cheers, Vince, and God Bless.

Hallan
Hallan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Sinistro on Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:19 am

:( The first post I made as a Keenspot forum member was about the strip winding down. Now, the last post I make as a Keenspotter Supreme is about the forum winding down. While it's not the end of the world, or the forum for that matter, knowing that Mr. Suzukawa will not come by at some time or another anymore on a "forum round" is a bit of a downer. Still, so long as all of us visit and have something to say, I'll be happy. I for one will check back here regularly, and it seems that the seasoned posters will too. I feel we'll manage for a while yet!

And, of course, a big "Thank You" for not deleting the forum! Best wishes, Mr. Suzukawa.

Sinistro
-- who should have known that the universe would do this as soon as he decided to post some fan art here :roll:
The word "wizard" is said to originate from the ancient "wyz-ars", literally "someone who, at bottom, is very smart."
Sinistro
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby James Abrams on Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:10 pm

Gentlemen and Ladies...
A toast to Vince and TCM, *raises glass*
El Taxi Gato
"meters running"
James Abrams
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Dan Nicholls on Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:21 pm

I just wanted to say goodbye and thank you to Vince and TCM.

I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Vince at the first KeenCon, and stuttered myself to a stop when he recognized my comic. My brain was still absorbing it when we started talking about TCM and I could hardly answer what my favorite character was. (It's Tony, btw.) At that point, Pete Abrams would have had a hard time getting me to answer if Riff or Zoe was the guy with the trenchcoat. Vince even made a noble effort to recall and sketch one of my characters for me (strip had been on hiatus for a while then, too).

All in all, I was amazed and humbled. Vince's interest really validated my pursuit in the comic field and I never got to say a proper thank you. Now, with my offline projects picking up, I know that I owe my persistence to The Class Menagerie and Mr. Suzukawa, and I will miss both a great deal.

Thank you for your comic, the great storylines, the concrete characters, witty one-shots, and the insipiration. (I only hope you pick up another project, and soon!)
Dan Nicholls
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Mr. Meddler on Wed Sep 03, 2003 2:44 pm

This reminds me of the Sinfest Forum. No one to watch over us, but we still keep going as the most chaotic group known to man!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Damn, I need to cut back to 40 cups a day. :wink:
Mr. Meddler
Keenspot Despot

Postby IceSniper on Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:08 am

OY!! I CAN vouch for that!

It's order out of chaos!
IceSniper
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby bunnyThor on Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:55 pm

IceSniper wrote:OY!! I CAN vouch for that!

It's order out of chaos!

It's crap on a cracker. :evil:
bunnyThor
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby nslashk on Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:53 am

Needle & Thread: There's a party goin' on at the local church hall, you know people do it - all you gotta do is call; Leave your lonely room and you'd seize the day, but you put on the ABC and foxtrot your chance away.
nslashk
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

the end

Postby The Lurking Dragon on Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:36 am

Well, and so it is.
*watches a tumbleweed drift by*
As one of the forum's long time residents (mid 2001 I believe) but most determined lurkers (hence the post count) I've seen a lot of things come and go. I'll still check back here though.
" You can't see me or find me, unless I want you to. "
The Lurking Dragon
The Lurking Dragon
Keenspotter Supreme

The End of an Era

Postby James Anatidae on Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:58 am

Dang, I really have fond memories of posting here. Shame it's pretty much over. Hope you return to us someday Vince! :(

--
TCM Code: T K++ B+ M+++ C+ L++++ S- D BF-- VOO a-- US
http://anatidae.homestead.com/tcmcode.html
James Anatidae
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to The Class Menagerie