Suburban Jungle on TV: A Thought

Aspiring model, actress, and star of her own comic strip, it's Tiffany Tiger!

Moderator: The Gneech

Postby DetailBearCA on Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:37 pm

For those of you who might be interested, Sheridan College is just West of Toronto.
I love both meanings of "Got fur?"

A man
DetailBearCA
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby TKarrde98 on Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:47 pm

Kheetor84 wrote:Well its offical with Disney closing a Florida animation studio. But then the fired animators formed their own studio. Maybe we can get them to try a promo ep of SJ. XD

Tres kuhl idea! :)

Imagine Herbie Bearclaw drawing eps for "Suburban Jungle: The Series"!

-=TK
TKarrde98

"The highest compliment you can pay to somebody, is to be glad to see them."
-- John "The Gneech" Robey

// SJ Code: SJ! TGM+++ CA! A+++ Tiff++ Con++ Wens+ Leo! Spot+++
// SJ Code: Wolf+++ Lna? MB++ FF+ Furs Fury+ TiC CfD DzW DzL

TKarrde98
Keenspot Despot

Illusions of Grandeur again?

Postby Nekomimikun on Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:02 pm

Well, if you were to propose it to an independent animation company, (which is likely to have little contacts with broadcasting companies) you'd have to show them that your project is worth their time. (Producing a pilot is time and money, which they'd hope to get back by having a broadcasting company buy more episodes.) The first thing is, what kind of demographic does the show appeal to? I mean, sure, it's a good strip, but if it only appeals to one small community/niche, nobody will be willing to produce the thing. "Big fish in a small pond."
Nekomimikun
Keenspot Despot

Postby TKarrde98 on Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:06 am

Hey, Neko,

I've got a great idea: Rather than saying, "well, Suburban Jungle just ain't good enough", why don't you try rephrasing it in a way that it is a challenge, instead of a thumb-crush?

Perhaps, "ok, so how could one ensure that SJ has a significant demographic appeal?"

-=TK
TKarrde98

"The highest compliment you can pay to somebody, is to be glad to see them."
-- John "The Gneech" Robey

// SJ Code: SJ! TGM+++ CA! A+++ Tiff++ Con++ Wens+ Leo! Spot+++
// SJ Code: Wolf+++ Lna? MB++ FF+ Furs Fury+ TiC CfD DzW DzL

TKarrde98
Keenspot Despot

Postby Cosmoseon on Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:48 am

allan_ecker wrote:Getting everyone on the same software is going to be a -major- headache even if we go with freeware. I don't even want to -think- about getting everyone on Maya or one of those professional video editors. :P

Maya is to learning curve as wheelchair ramp is to wall.

-
Cossy 'Learning Maya' Fennec
/*-----Begin SJ Code-----*/
SJ+++ SJ? SJ! TGM+++ CA! CA+++ A+ Tiff+++ Con+++ LEO!+++ Spot+++ Wolf+++ MB Fan++ Furs! Fury!+++ TiL CfD DzW Fa+++ Fur!++++E Yin+++
/*------End SJ Code------*/
Cosmoseon
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nekomimikun on Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:14 pm

TKarrde98 wrote:Hey, Neko,

I've got a great idea: Rather than saying, "well, Suburban Jungle just ain't good enough", why don't you try rephrasing it in a way that it is a challenge, instead of a thumb-crush?

Perhaps, "ok, so how could one ensure that SJ has a significant demographic appeal?"

-=TK

I tried it over a year ago, with results that taught me what I do know. Besides, it's not like I have creative control of it anyway. The demographic appeal is a result of the subject material and style of the publication, which is up to the author.
Nekomimikun
Keenspot Despot

Postby Won-Tolla on Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:37 am

So why says SJ isn't on TV? ;)

Last edited by Won-Tolla on Wed May 18, 2005 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Won-Tolla
Keenspot Despot

Postby gatorman_295 on Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:08 pm

Nekomimikun wrote:I saw a commercial for a show called "Mucha Lucha" which seems to suffer from a frame rate in the single digits. (Whereas 30 is standard for video.)

Sorry to be a thread necromancer, folks, but I just wanted to share this: Jelly Belly also used Flash for a TV fee plug, for chocolate-centered JBz. It also happens to suffer from said single-digit frame rates. RETCH!
Joe “Gatorman” Kristoff
Suburban Jungle: SJ+++ Roo++++ Lna!+++ Com+++ Yin+++ Spot+++ Wolf+++ Con+++ Ape+++
Class Menagerie: TCM+++ VSM+++ T+ Mk+++ L+++ Kv++ Br+ Sc+++ C+++ Da+++ Bf+ De+ Sa+ Km+ Mc+++
gatorman_295
Keenspotter Supreme

Previous

Return to The Suburban Jungle