The Thread for those who draw comics themselves

Aspiring model, actress, and star of her own comic strip, it's Tiffany Tiger!

Moderator: The Gneech

Are you drawing/writing a comic?

Nope. I don't have the time or the opportunity
9%
Nope. I have no talent
24%
Yes, I draw art for a furry strip
No votes
Yes, I write for a furry strip.
2%
Yes, I write and draw the art for a furry strip.
22%
Yes, I draw art for a non-furry strip
2%
Yes, I write for a non-furry strip.
2%
Yes, I write and draw the art for a non-furry strip.
9%
Other - post a comment to explain!
29%

Total votes : 45

Okay, Okay... here goes.

Postby Weeeeelaaaaaah! on Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:04 pm

Well color me inspired.
(I think inspired is somewhere between blue and lavender...)

After all the fun of watching others bravely showcasing their talents, I finally uploaded what I have to show for myself. As I said in earlier posts, I like the idea of heading toward a webcomic someday, but I'm just not ready yet. So without further ado...
WatchMeWatchMe.com (click on Archive then DrewArt) This is my Webcam page
, which is temporarily playing host to my hastily assembled album of artistic attemps. I'd like to add some comments, but not right now.

Oh, and here's a link directly to a piano: PianoBlack
It's not really complete, but it already took several hours, and the perspective on the lid has always been a... [ahem] challange...

-Weeeeelaaaaaah, who needs to go study for Calc II exam now...
"Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast."
SJ++ TG++ CA+ A+ Con+ Wens+++ Leo++ Wolf! Roo+++ MB Fan Fury++ Wally/Conrad Shipper
Weeeeelaaaaaah!
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby allan_ecker on Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:22 am

Litho, my SOD man. I GOTTA try that sort of thing soon. I mean, just, ooooo..

Oh, and that Piano is really cool, Wee!
allan_ecker
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby xenotarsosaurus on Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:03 am

Litho...wow...that is truly beautiful. Very dramatic perspectives...creates an almost cinematic experience. Good cinema, not "Dude, Where's my Car?" movie diarrhea.
"You, Never?"..."Did the Kenosha kid?"
Pointing out cliches? That's so cliche!!
xenotarsosaurus
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby RandomScribe on Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:48 am

Litho: that's just amazing... very melancholy and beautiful. I don't think you should ink it--it looks great the way it is, and besides, I have an irrational hatred of pens. I also like the funny little illustrations you use to, well, illustrate your points in the forum.

Weeeeelaaaaaah(!): I really like the piano! Your other sketches on that site are quite good as well. You know, if you're not comfortable drawing characters, perhaps you could team up with another cartoonist and do the backgrounds? That would be pretty cool.

In other news, I made a new avatar (I don't currently have a web page, so at the moment that's the only place I have to show off my artwork)! Just something silly I threw together this morning--sort of a furry take on one of my favorite video game characters.

Keep drawing, folks!

--RS, who, fortunately, never saw "Dude, Where's my Car?"
RandomScribe
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Thelonius02 on Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:57 pm

RandomScribe wrote:In other news, I made a new avatar!

(a la Cartman) Dude, that's pretty sweet.
On a different note, I NEED A SCANNER with which I can show my "artwork." Anyone know if I could get one for something around $50?
Thelonius02
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby allan_ecker on Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:21 pm

I still contend that, even without organic characters, a comic about a pair of pianos could be very fun with proper use of camera angles and changes of scenery.

And, comparing what Litho did to cinema is insulting. What he did is one of those rare things that can -only- be done in the genre of comics. Scott McCloud himself would probably squeal with delight.

--Allan, who saw AND LIKED Dude, Where's My Car

PS: Wal-Mart carries a bottom-of-the-line scanner for around that price range. They are astonishingly good at line art, and passable with grayscale, especially if you post-process. I haven't really used the color yet, so I couldn't give you much advice there.
allan_ecker
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Litho on Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:56 pm

<Litho looks at this thread again...>

"Wheeeeeewie. People really liked that one didn't they... Thanks for all the compliments and stuff guys."

"Be careful or I'll get a big head!"

<Litho recycles a post-pic, he already drew one this morning for a different thread, he feels not like drawing another... he is all tired. TOOOO EARLY!>

"I'll have to try another of those... that one took an unexpected turn about frame 2, It was going to be somethig else... Next time I might get the original message out of my head... it also is broody and melancholy. I have lots of roody, melancholy thoughts."

<Litho wanders off to shower and eat breakfast and stuff.>

"Love."
...Dream. In Dream... nothing is as it seems.
Litho
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

PRETTY!

Postby Litho on Sun Jun 08, 2003 5:47 am

<Litho wanders in looking mighty pleased with himself.>

"Hey all, Check this out! I know it's not strictly a comic, and thus not so relevant to this thread, but I started the thread so I feel I have the right to do whatever the hell I please. I've just drawn this KICKASS picture and I thought y'all might like to see.

It's not furry, but it is nice. Feel free to critique as you chose."

"Seey'all"

<Litho wanders off for sleepage. Sleep is a very important part of Litho's life.>
Litho
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Grendelwulf on Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:13 pm

I really like it. one of those "I wish i could draw that well" pics."

All of a sudden I have this hilarious image of that bird pecking at that girl's head... call me weird...
Grendelwulf
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Grendelwulf on Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:14 pm

I really like it. one of those "I wish i could draw that well" pics."

All of a sudden I have this hilarious image of that bird pecking at that girl's head... call me weird...
Grendelwulf
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Litho on Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:36 pm

Grendelwulf wrote:All of a sudden I have this hilarious image of that bird pecking at that girl's head... call me weird...

You're weird.

:D
Litho
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nekomimikun on Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:10 pm

Back onto the subject of comics. I've been working on the proportions and the shading of my characters lately. And in my sketchy style stuff, I've been trying to go for more realistic faces, body-types, hair, the works. I still can't get a very good grasp on how to do Anthropomorphics. (I should really redo my avatar, since I'd like to do better drawings than that.)
I guess I'll have more time to learn this summer.
Nekomimikun
Keenspot Despot

Postby Litho on Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:25 pm

Nekomimikun wrote:Back onto the subject of comics. I've been working on the proportions and the shading of my characters lately. And in my sketchy style stuff, I've been trying to go for more realistic faces, body-types, hair, the works. I still can't get a very good grasp on how to do Anthropomorphics. (I should really redo my avatar, since I'd like to do better drawings than that.)

Oooh oh oh! Litho Wanna see!

You will show me your work. Alow the forum goers to critique it and then you'll improve tenfold. Trust me, it's worked for me!
Litho
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: PRETTY!

Postby Weeeeelaaaaaah! on Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:37 am

Litho wrote:... Feel free to critique as you chose."

Litho... you should know better. Remember what happened last time you opened yourself up to criticism? Hrm?

Ah, but I'm only kidding. Nothing to pick at here. For some reason, my favorite part is the tree. I don't know, it just looks right for the scene. It's also how she perches on it, so delicate but stable like her bird friend.
Anyway, any plans for colour? It looks very nice in pencil, ... I just keep wondering if her dress would be a deep forest green or sea green, or olive, or maybe a firey crimson... And her hair, is it golden blonde? Rich Sienna? Goldenrod, perhaps? Howzabout electric blue? (Okay, so now I'm just playing with colour names. Pretty.)
Well, just saying.

-Welah, who likes pretty colours.
"Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast."
SJ++ TG++ CA+ A+ Con+ Wens+++ Leo++ Wolf! Roo+++ MB Fan Fury++ Wally/Conrad Shipper
Weeeeelaaaaaah!
Keenspotter Supreme

Backgrounds, you say?

Postby Weeeeelaaaaaah! on Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:18 pm

RandomScribe wrote:Weeeeelaaaaaah(!): I really like the piano! Your other sketches on that site are quite good as well. You know, if you're not comfortable drawing characters, perhaps you could team up with another cartoonist and do the backgrounds? That would be pretty cool.

Hrm... Team up, you say? Acha!
Yeee! That sounds fun! :D
"Good idea, oh Lord."
"'Course it's a good idea!"

Well, if you know anyone who wants background pianos, you need help. Really, though, if anyone does want a background artist, color artist, or sadistic... I mean "scrutinous" editor... you know where to find me. :wink:

-Welah, drawer of everything useless.
Weeeeelaaaaaah!
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby BlackTigr on Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:20 pm

Weeeeelaaaaaah! wrote:

Litho... you should know better. Remember what happened last time you opened yourself up to criticism? Hrm?

You know, I started to write a critical post about that drawing, but I remembered halfway through that he snapped at the last person who was at all critical to him.

So I dumped the post and let it be.

The feet and right shoulder need anatomy work and her face structure is lost under all that hair. I know that's a cop-out because I use it that way. It is possible that the legs are two different lengths, but I am going to assume that is mostly a foreshortening issue and I'd have to actually measure with a pencil or something.

But I really like the idea. The placement of the figure and the bird makes it a good (triangular) composition. The hands (which can make or break a picture) are expressive and anatomically good.

You might benefit, like I am, from a study of the pecs and breasts so that those areas don't look quite so circular...but then again, this is fantasy art, I don't think anyone would think twice of pendulous anti-gravity breasts.

If you truly want more exposure for your work, Litho, you could try WetCanvas, one of my favorite haunts.

--BT
(speaking my whole mind)
BlackTigr
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Thelonius02 on Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:30 pm

I decided to remove the picture that I had posted, because it sucked. The end.
Last edited by Thelonius02 on Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thelonius02
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Litho on Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:02 pm

BlackTigr wrote:
Weeeeelaaaaaah! wrote:

You know, I started to write a critical post about that drawing, but I remembered halfway through that he snapped at the last person who was at all critical to him.

So I dumped the post and let it be.

The feet and right shoulder need anatomy work and her face structure is lost under all that hair. I know that's a cop-out because I use it that way. It is possible that the legs are two different lengths, but I am going to assume that is mostly a foreshortening issue and I'd have to actually measure with a pencil or something.

But I really like the idea. The placement of the figure and the bird makes it a good (triangular) composition. The hands (which can make or break a picture) are expressive and anatomically good.

You might benefit, like I am, from a study of the pecs and breasts so that those areas don't look quite so circular...but then again, this is fantasy art, I don't think anyone would think twice of pendulous anti-gravity breasts.

If you truly want more exposure for your work, Litho, you could try WetCanvas, one of my favorite haunts.

--BT
(speaking my whole mind)

Yeah, the legs are actually not so bad - the length difference is entirely due to foreshortening.

The face is actually intentionally covered, and it took me a while to figure out a way for doing it while still maintaining her expressivity. It's part of her "Mysterious" archetype. You've seen her in mangas and Anime, she sits in improbably high places while playing a musical instrument. She wears outlandish clothes and you can never quite see her face properly.

Oh yeah, and Her skirt blushed from a deep crimson at her waist to a pale yellow about the hem.

Breasts is something I've always been bad at. I can do feller's chest real nice, but I guess I just haven't spent enough time looking at womens breasts to get the feel for them.

<Litho also realises that he's developed a reputation for being explosive and easily angered... While that may be reasonably accurate, He feels the need to dispel it to a certain degree.>

"I actually asked for critiques on this one. That's the distinction. I was not expecting critical comments earlier, and thus they were unwelcome."

<Litho stretches and flexes his claws slightly. He smiles at everyone>

"Oh yeah, and I almost forgot - Yeah, the feet are crappy. The reason for that is that a) I'm just bad at drawing feet, and b) they were only done in a sort of half-assed "Eh, I guess I should draw in her toes..." manner."

<Litho wanders off again to shower and so forth... It's so early...>
Litho
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby IamErtai on Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:22 pm

Well, I have a sprite comic, so that's sort of applies. I wouldn't call it drawing, except that I made most of the sprites myself...
Would you like a cup of death and shut up?
Please to eat a bag of hell, sir!

Starwing HQ
IamErtai
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Weeeeelaaaaaah! on Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:39 pm

Litho wrote:"I actually asked for critiques on this one. That's the distinction. I was not expecting critical comments earlier, and thus they were unwelcome."

Well, first, I again apologize. I agree that my criticism was out of place, and I will try to look for a definite request for criticism before replying. Again I will say, though, no personal affront was intended. I was just trying to show what I thought of when I saw your comic to illustrate how I thought about my own art. And I cannot say enough; your art, Litho, is quite exemplary. If you visited my link a while back, you can see that (apart from pianos) my creations pale to yours. I really quite admire both your work and your persistence in that work. A lack of persistence may very well be my greatest downfall in creation of graphic art.

That being said, you have, indeed, requested criticism this time, so I hope I can be constructive. The very least I can say is that I have an eye for detail. :wink: [note: all right-left directions are given from the POV of the character] So, first, I agree with BlackTigr on the leg length, but I can see now how the foreshortening is intended, and is indeed fairly well executed. I think the discrepancy comes in how far the left the leg goes. It does get larger in accordance with perspective, but it does not shorten significantly. The length of the leg from hip to knee is nearly the same for both legs, depite the left coming farther into the foreground. Next, I have to agree about the head as well, but I think the confusion is due to the distance from the back of the head to the top of the forehead. The distance is a bit too long, making her hair too big or her head too long. I can understand that she is looking down and thus we see more of the top of her head, but the curve of the back of the head matches that of the front of the hairline, making the top seem not curved back, but going straight back. At the same time, the facial features from hairline to chin are as long as a full front view, instead of the shortened downward view being seen. Next, the hair seems to fall a little too far out from the head, where after a certain point, it would start falling straight. Similar effect with the right edge of the dress, it seems like it should be straight down.

Some nitpicks: all fingers seem to be down on the valves. This is an unlikely configuration. If any is up, it seems to be the second finger from the right on the right hand, but this seems less "up" than just a bit out of line with and pointer than the other fingers.

Disclaimer: I am not an educated professional or artistic expert, nor do I claim to be. I just play one on TV. :) But I am observant, and I really am trying to help. Actually, you can blame a lot of this on Piro, of Megatokyo fame. In his first compiled book, he has, in the back, a comparison between two almost identical sketches of the same girl in the same pose. He points out though, all the little perspective and proportion problems he managed to pick out of the first to correct in the second. I was amazed and inspired. From then on, I have tried to find the same details and improvements in my own work, but it has had the unfortunate effect of making me a very, very slow artist. However, in the rest of my work in the rest of my life, I think it's actually helping me. I hope it helps you! :D

Ah, but I did learn one thing from my first "analysis" of your work. No critisism without praise.
The left hand is excellent. You foreshortened it in such a way that, until I was scrutinizing the leg, I never even noticed that it was foreshortened. I think that's the way it should be.
Also, her overall figure seems quite well represented. A bit fantastic, but, why else would you draw? :wink:
Her dress, except for the forementioned right edge, falls very well on her person. If her right leg wasn't so well seen as being under there, I wouldn't have been able to criticize the left! Nice lines, really. Again in the dress, the rumpling of the fabric on the left leg seems to work very well.

Of course, all of this is looking at the details without looking at the picture.
The picture is wonderful.
A beautiful, mysterious woman, perched as to seem a very bird herself, home amongst the trees, plays a melody as enrapturing as it is haunting. Her feathered familiar perches just above her, listening to the tune so in harmony with nature, the song could amost be its own. But the sound is not the object of its attentions. It gazes out, watching the forest on behalf its mysterious companion. Despite the brightness of the scene, night seems to fall about the woman as her very aura displaces light itself. Though her lower half is covered by a dress of the finest material, hemmed with a modest trim, her upper half is covered only by a cross of leather (is it leather, Litho? I'm just guessing) to cover her full bosom. The bands around arm and leg adorn her limbs as if to say that it is the body itself which is the ornament of beatiful creation, and everything on't only embellisments on this masterpiece. Her hair, long, flowing, not tamed by scissor or blade halos her head and toso with glowing golden strands.
Ay, girl, for whom is it you play? For me? No, it is for someone else tonight... for all who hear you, hear only the music of the wind, and do not realize that they are under your spell.

In short, I like!

-Welah, who really should've stopped typing a half and hour ago.
Weeeeelaaaaaah!
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Litho on Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:23 pm

Weeeeelaaaaaah! wrote:
Litho wrote:"I actually asked for critiques on this one. That's the distinction. I was not expecting critical comments earlier, and thus they were unwelcome."

Well, first, I again apologize. I agree that my criticism was out of place, and I will try to look for a definite request for criticism before replying. Again I will say, though, no personal affront was intended. I was just trying to show what I thought of when I saw your comic to illustrate how I thought about my own art. And I cannot say enough; your art, Litho, is quite exemplary. If you visited my link a while back, you can see that (apart from pianos) my creations pale to yours. I really quite admire both your work and your persistence in that work. A lack of persistence may very well be my greatest downfall in creation of graphic art.

That being said, you have, indeed, requested criticism this time, so I hope I can be constructive. The very least I can say is that I have an eye for detail. :wink: [note: all right-left directions are given from the POV of the character] So, first, I agree with BlackTigr on the leg length, but I can see now how the foreshortening is intended, and is indeed fairly well executed. I think the discrepancy comes in how far the left the leg goes. It does get larger in accordance with perspective, but it does not shorten significantly. The length of the leg from hip to knee is nearly the same for both legs, depite the left coming farther into the foreground. Next, I have to agree about the head as well, but I think the confusion is due to the distance from the back of the head to the top of the forehead. The distance is a bit too long, making her hair too big or her head too long. I can understand that she is looking down and thus we see more of the top of her head, but the curve of the back of the head matches that of the front of the hairline, making the top seem not curved back, but going straight back. At the same time, the facial features from hairline to chin are as long as a full front view, instead of the shortened downward view being seen. Next, the hair seems to fall a little too far out from the head, where after a certain point, it would start falling straight. Similar effect with the right edge of the dress, it seems like it should be straight down.

Some nitpicks: all fingers seem to be down on the valves. This is an unlikely configuration. If any is up, it seems to be the second finger from the right on the right hand, but this seems less "up" than just a bit out of line with and pointer than the other fingers.

Disclaimer: I am not an educated professional or artistic expert, nor do I claim to be. I just play one on TV. :) But I am observant, and I really am trying to help. Actually, you can blame a lot of this on Piro, of Megatokyo fame. In his first compiled book, he has, in the back, a comparison between two almost identical sketches of the same girl in the same pose. He points out though, all the little perspective and proportion problems he managed to pick out of the first to correct in the second. I was amazed and inspired. From then on, I have tried to find the same details and improvements in my own work, but it has had the unfortunate effect of making me a very, very slow artist. However, in the rest of my work in the rest of my life, I think it's actually helping me. I hope it helps you! :D

Ah, but I did learn one thing from my first "analysis" of your work. No critisism without praise.
The left hand is excellent. You foreshortened it in such a way that, until I was scrutinizing the leg, I never even noticed that it was foreshortened. I think that's the way it should be.
Also, her overall figure seems quite well represented. A bit fantastic, but, why else would you draw? :wink:
Her dress, except for the forementioned right edge, falls very well on her person. If her right leg wasn't so well seen as being under there, I wouldn't have been able to criticize the left! Nice lines, really. Again in the dress, the rumpling of the fabric on the left leg seems to work very well.

Of course, all of this is looking at the details without looking at the picture.
The picture is wonderful.
A beautiful, mysterious woman, perched as to seem a very bird herself, home amongst the trees, plays a melody as enrapturing as it is haunting. Her feathered familiar perches just above her, listening to the tune so in harmony with nature, the song could amost be its own. But the sound is not the object of its attentions. It gazes out, watching the forest on behalf its mysterious companion. Despite the brightness of the scene, night seems to fall about the woman as her very aura displaces light itself. Though her lower half is covered by a dress of the finest material, hemmed with a modest trim, her upper half is covered only by a cross of leather (is it leather, Litho? I'm just guessing) to cover her full bosom. The bands around arm and leg adorn her limbs as if to say that it is the body itself which is the ornament of beatiful creation, and everything on't only embellisments on this masterpiece. Her hair, long, flowing, not tamed by scissor or blade halos her head and toso with glowing golden strands.
Ay, girl, for whom is it you play? For me? No, it is for someone else tonight... for all who hear you, hear only the music of the wind, and do not realize that they are under your spell.

In short, I like!

-Welah, who really should've stopped typing a half and hour ago.

<Litho Blinks.>

"Good lord! It's HUGE! You expect me to read all that!?"

<Litho does anyway. then responds to certain elements>

"Flowery Compliments - Thankyou Welah. But you are forgiven. Don't harp on about it.

Hair- Yes, her hair is intentionally big. It's also intentional. It's like... Has anyone seen "Ah, My Goddess"? Y'know that goddess who's like the badass of the group... Her hair is sometimes like that - irrationally volumised. Anyway, Yeah, her hair's supposed to be surreal.
Although it does seem too high above her head - specifically over her right parietal area. the hair should fall away more to the left to maintain a better shape of the skull.

Leg length..." <Litho has to look at the sketch again for this one.> "Yeah, He suspects he hasn't portreyed the position her legs are supposed to be in very well... That's entirely due to the fact that I only decided to put her in a tree at the last moment. I was gonna have her perching on a rooftop or somesuch. Anyway, for the positions that I'm thinking of, I think they're the right length... of course, the positions in my head don't wquite match those inhibitions that are placed on her by the tree she's sitting in.

Fingers - What's so strange about having all her fingers over the holes. She's playing a low note.

Dress(skirt) - I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say, but I think I know and you're fairly right... to an extent. Unless I've misunderstood. Enh.

Cute Poetic description- Lovely, there's a poet in you Welah isn't there? The straps over her breasts are dark deyed silk, this is why they bunch without causing HUGE bulges at her neck and the ring about her navel. The bird was innitially just background, part of her being connected to nature.

Yes, she is oddly dark even though it's a light scene. This is because she is only seen at night. Somehow, through freak of serendipity, that came out in the picture, I'm glad you picked up on it.

And no, she does not play for any man. Her mystery is total, her motivations unknown and her perfection, unsurpassed. She is the jewel of the forest, but also its fierce protector. The earth itself is her charge. The night, the wind, and the mystery of the universe is hers, and hers alone. But I have said too much already, her mystique must not be betrayed..."

<Litho waits for people to glance away momentarily and fades into the darkness.>
Litho
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Cheetarina on Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:15 am

Actually...yes. Bwaha, beware the horror of my anthros! I'd scan them up, but.... yeah

And anyway, ima still developing the charecters. For six months now

~

Fwee, anywho, i can't really offer critisism or anything, because bipedal creatures and inanimate objects arn't really my place of perfection. So i'll just skit-adel now

~Chetina Cheetarina
Last edited by Cheetarina on Sat May 07, 2005 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheetarina
Junior Keenspotter

Postby tektig on Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:30 pm

Nekomimikun wrote:Back onto the subject of comics. I've been working on the proportions and the shading of my characters lately. And in my sketchy style stuff, I've been trying to go for more realistic faces, body-types, hair, the works. I still can't get a very good grasp on how to do Anthropomorphics. (I should really redo my avatar, since I'd like to do better drawings than that.)

Practice makes perfect and the twelve renaissance words of drawing help too but then again I'm not that good of an artist so I shouldn't really be commenting (like I would let that stop me though) So far all of the books I've read about drawing keep saying that creating the illusion of 3 dimensions is what it's all about. The better we can visualize what we want to draw in 3D the clearer the relationships of our contour lines will be. From there on in its just mechanics, technique, and layout. Wow what I just typed makes me sound like I actually know what I'm talking about. Damn it Jim I'm an author not an artist. Thanks Bones that reminds me, there should probably be seperate threads for the writting and drawing of web comics. That way there's some ... (oh what do you call it?.... you know that stuff that does those things... oh yah) ORDER in the forum.-Tek
tektig
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Won-Tolla on Sun May 09, 2004 9:13 am

kerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*BUMP*

I'm in the middle of moving a pile of graphics to a new site that makes hotlinking easier, and stopped on the way to repair a broken one that was linked on page 2 of this thread. It is now fixed, moved and relinked, but the thread is so deeply buried noone is likely to see it, hence this bump.
In case you can't be bothered with going back to page 2, here's the picture again.

You still have to go back for the context though. :P
Won-Tolla
Keenspot Despot

Postby Pesi on Mon May 10, 2004 6:03 pm

I don't currently draw a comic or anything (and for that the world is thankful, remember halloween-Stan? :o), but while reading the 4 pages here I got, in some way I can't explain, an idea for a comic in which the main characters are the imps from 'Dungeon Keeper'. I just better start practice drawing, I've already got the first strip formed. ;)

By the way, if anyone needs help with HTML, javascript or such, I'm always willing to lend a hand (or claw).
Pesi
Keenspotter Supreme

PreviousNext

Return to The Suburban Jungle