Character Q & A (Good Idea Shamelessly Stolen)

Aspiring model, actress, and star of her own comic strip, it's Tiffany Tiger!

Moderator: The Gneech

Postby Sinistro on Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:27 am

A summary of that very funny cartoon may be found here:

http://home01.wxs.nl/~charmon/bugsverhaal.html

Ah, Warner Brothers...Tom and Jerry...now these were good stuff.

Sinistro
-- MEEP MEEP! :P
The word "wizard" is said to originate from the ancient "wyz-ars", literally "someone who, at bottom, is very smart."
Sinistro
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Tiger Claw on Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:14 pm

Hey Sinistro, you wouldn't happen to have a link where I could download that particular Bugs Bunny cartoon, do you? Just asking.

Tiger Claw
To deny our own impulses is to dent the very thing that makes us human.
Tiger Claw
Keenspotter Supreme

!!! !!! !!!

Postby DJ Aussie E. on Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:23 am

Hurry Up, Gneech! If it's just laziness or the lack of new questions I'm not sure of, but... *Brain Explodes*
Aussie Evil

"Baseline, Baseline! We got fools on the case and they're giving me baseline. Baseline, Baseline!"

The various sounds of a badly tuned orchestra follows.
DJ Aussie E.
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby The Gneech on Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:34 am

Dude. If I didn't have time to draw strips for all of last week, do you really think I'd have time to do the character Q&A thread?

Silly boy.

-The Gneech 8)
http://www.suburbanjungle.com - The life, loves, and career of aspiring supermodel and ferocious predator, Tiffany Tiger

NeverNever - The story of the faeries at war with humanity, and of the humans who just don't notice
The Gneech
Keenspot Despot

Location: I'm usually at work, except when I'm not, but I'm at work then, too.

Postby Duncan Direwolf Sparks on Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:58 am

Tiger Claw wrote:
Like your avatar. The trenchcoat (it's a trenchcoat you're wearing, right?) looks so cool, kind of like the one Neo wore in the Matrix.

trenchcoat, 80's style jacket, your pic :wink: Like I said before If I could find a website that just stored pics I could show how I draw him
"Doobie Doobie doo......"
Duncan Direwolf Sparks
Junior Keenspotter

Postby yrrab436 on Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:06 am

I know that there's already a HUGE queue of questions, but I've been wanting to post one. Sorry if this has already been asked. I searched for "vegetarian" and didn't find anything in the Q&A. I know there are other characters that don't have nearly as many questions, but I've been itching to ask this:

Dover, since you consider hunting horrific have you ever considered becoming a vegetarian? I assume nutritional supplements and such exist if technological marvels like InterClinic are around, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are vegetarian activists and such. Are you comfortable as long as you don't have to do the "dirty work," or does the origin of the meat you eat bother you? I don't preach vegetarianism (too much), but I'm curious if your feelings about hunting extend further.
yrrab436
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Sinistro on Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:29 pm

Tiger Claw wrote:Hey Sinistro, you wouldn't happen to have a link where I could download that particular Bugs Bunny cartoon, do you?

*search search* *search some more*

Actually, I have found part of it! Arguably the best part, too. Woohoo!

http://looneytunes.warnerbros.co.uk/web ... uck_video8

Some more information you might find useful: the title of the cartoon is "Rabbit Fire". You might locate it through a peer-to-peer file sharing program like Kazaa.

Sinistro
-- who finished his exams today, something he is all "woohoo! woohoo! woohoo!" about.
The word "wizard" is said to originate from the ancient "wyz-ars", literally "someone who, at bottom, is very smart."
Sinistro
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Tiger Claw on Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:27 pm

Sinistro wrote:
Tiger Claw wrote:Hey Sinistro, you wouldn't happen to have a link where I could download that particular Bugs Bunny cartoon, do you?

*search search* *search some more*

Actually, I have found part of it! Arguably the best part, too. Woohoo!

http://looneytunes.warnerbros.co.uk/web ... uck_video8

Some more information you might find useful: the title of the cartoon is "Rabbit Fire". You might locate it through a peer-to-peer file sharing program like Kazaa.

Sinistro

-- who finished his exams today, something he is all "woohoo! woohoo! woohoo!" about.

Much thanks Sinistro. I have Kazaa so I'll try that. Thanks again.

Tiger Claw :D
To deny our own impulses is to dent the very thing that makes us human.
Tiger Claw
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby artemis on Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:48 am

yrrab436 wrote:Dover, since you consider hunting horrific have you ever considered becoming a vegetarian? I assume nutritional supplements and such exist if technological marvels like InterClinic are around, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are vegetarian activists and such. Are you comfortable as long as you don't have to do the "dirty work," or does the origin of the meat you eat bother you? I don't preach vegetarianism (too much), but I'm curious if your feelings about hunting extend further.

a quote:

Mother Nature never intended cats to live without meat. To start with, cats are adapted to using protein for energy, rather than carbohydrates. They have evolved so that their liver makes glucose (the major energy source for every mammal body) primarily out of the amino acids in protein. In the process, they have lost the ability to adapt to a low-protein diet. If we eat a diet that's low in protein, we simply stop metabolizing it. But your cat can't do that, and will begin to metabolize her own muscles. This really is as bad as it sounds.

Of course, there is protein in some plants (think about tofu), but not in high concentrations. And the proteins are incomplete. In addition, there are nutrients in meat that can't be found in plants, or that most mammals can synthesize in their bodies from incomplete proteins, but that cats can't synthesize. Cats cannot live without these nutrients, and they need to get them from their diet.

For example, taurine, an essential amino acid, is found only in animal proteins. Without enough taurine, cats develop vision and heart problems. Arginine is an amino acid that is found most abundantly in animal proteins. This nutrient clears the blood of ammonia, which is a by-product of protein metabolism. Since cats use so much protein, just one meal without arginine is enough to drive ammonia in the blood to toxic levels. Choline and the other B vitamins, many of which are important to protein metabolism, are also found in the highest concentrations in meat, and your carnivore cat needs lots of those vitamins.

unless they came up with some serious synthesized animal protein supplements, i'm pretty sure Dover has to get used to ordering Filet Antelope at the nearest fine restaurant.
artemis
Junior Keenspotter

Postby yrrab436 on Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:31 pm

Like I said, if there's "mother nature defying technology" like InterClinic there's bound to be such supplements. I remember reading a vegetarian site that said such supplements for real life feline pets are available. Yep, people have perfectly healthy vegetarian cats and dogs. I didn't mean to spark anything with the question, but it's not unrealistic. Hehe, I used "not unrealistic" when talking about a world populated with anthropomorphic animals. :)

A link I don't claim to be an expert on the subject, but it seems it is possible.

More links from a FAQ: Taurine and other supplements.
Quote from the Taurine link:
[quote][b]Don
yrrab436
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kasper on Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:34 am

*a jaguar rolls to a stop on his motorbike, and removes his full face crash helmet*

dresser what type motorbike and armour do you like / prefurrrrr?
-- kasper
cyber jaguar
icq 138760010
kasper
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Sinistro on Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:09 am

kasper wrote:dresser what type motorbike and armour do you like / prefurrrrr?

It hardly counts as an answer, but...

http://www.suburbanjungle.com/d/20010425.html

At the very least, the picture is probably to your liking.
Sinistro
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby artemis on Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:05 am

yrrab436 wrote:Edit: Hehe, I just noticed that one bearing the name of Artemis is promoting cats as being only carnivores (hunters). How appropriate. :)

*grin* glad you liked it
artemis
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Won-Tolla on Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:47 pm

Tiffany:
I hope I'm not getting too personal or that you feel insulted by this, but Ramses raised an interesting questions once: How DO you know you don't like the taste of mice?

And a general one, not directed to any characters: What's this InterClinic that some people are talking about? I can't remember anything from the strip (though it may have been mentioned in the passing), and get only nine hits (none of which explain anything) when searching the forum. Google gets a few hundred hits but only in foreign languages, it seems...

On another note (B flat), why did Chicken Little cross the road?
To get to the fallout shelter! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Won-Tolla
Keenspot Despot

Postby yrrab436 on Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:48 pm

I only remember it being mentioned once in the strip, but I'm probably forgetting other incidents where it came up. InterClinic seems to be a medical organization that helps interspecies couples have biological children.

Here's where I remembered it being mentioned. I should have said "the medical technology that InterClinic uses" since the way I phrased it implies that InterClinic is the technology.
yrrab436
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Fallwind on Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:33 am

To Comfort:

Besides english and russian, what other languages can you speek/write?
I cant say that things will be better if we change; what I can say is that we must change for them to get better
Fallwind
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nebulous on Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:19 pm

Fallwind wrote:To Comfort:

Besides english and russian, what other languages can you speek/write?

Don't forget DoverSpeak. :D
Nebulous Rikulau
/*-----Begin SJ Code-----*/
SJ+++ TG++ CA+++ A++ Tiff++ Leo++ Spot+ Lna-MB+ Fan+ Fur! Fa+++ TiC TiL
/*------End SJ Code------*/
Nebulous
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MixFox_03 on Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:11 am

Hi :D
I'm A serious NewB!! So Sorry if this was put on b4.I'm a big fan of Wally and Roo :D But!!!
WHeere did they come from????????
Thanx Mix :D
I'm a new fur :D
So Be gentle!
MixFox_03
Junior Keenspotter

Postby The Gneech on Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:25 am

Welcome aboard, MixFox!

This thread is kinda languishing at the moment because my creative energy has been turned towards working on commissions, the new book, etc. ... hopefully I'll be able to get back to it in September!

-The Gneech 8)
http://www.suburbanjungle.com - The life, loves, and career of aspiring supermodel and ferocious predator, Tiffany Tiger

NeverNever - The story of the faeries at war with humanity, and of the humans who just don't notice
The Gneech
Keenspot Despot

Location: I'm usually at work, except when I'm not, but I'm at work then, too.

Postby IanIsACheetah on Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:32 am

Welcome MixFox! Join the crazy-ness! :D :) :-? :wink:

-Ian, "smilies rock" 8)
Ich bin eine Hy
IanIsACheetah
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby IAmMe UK on Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:01 pm

Hello and welcome :D

Hbar should be along sometime with your pineapple, to keep you going here's a pineapple shaped cookie :wink:
Most things make sense when you look at them right. It's just sometimes you have to look really, really cockeyed.
(Florence Ambrose)

IAmMe UK
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MixFox_03 on Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:42 am

:D
Mmmmmmmmmmm Cookie Thanx :D
I'm a new fur :D
So Be gentle!
MixFox_03
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Stilghar on Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:50 pm

Tiger Claw wrote:Anyway, does anyone remember that Bugs Bunny cartoon where Bugs and Daffy are arguing over what season it is? And then Bugs uses that classical gag (reverses the order of what is being said) and Daffy gets shot by Elmer. :D It's hilarious. I hardly ever see those types of cartoons anymore. :(

This post is long enough so I'll end here.

Tiger Claw

"Duck Season! Fire!!!"

*BLAM*

One of my all-time favorites. <^,^>
"For a man to help others with all his gifts and native strength: that is the noblest work." - Sophocles
||||||
Stilghar
Keenspotter Supreme

Sepember 1st... and no replies...

Postby DJ Aussie E. on Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:14 am

What's going on? Is this thing on the way to the mourge?
Aussie Evil

"Baseline, Baseline! We got fools on the case and they're giving me baseline. Baseline, Baseline!"

The various sounds of a badly tuned orchestra follows.
DJ Aussie E.
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Phantom Snowcat on Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:36 am

I hope you dont mean the MORGUE... but nah its not going there ;)
There comes a time in every mans life where he must choose. But i forgot when.
Phantom Snowcat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

PreviousNext

Return to The Suburban Jungle