Character Q & A (Good Idea Shamelessly Stolen)

Aspiring model, actress, and star of her own comic strip, it's Tiffany Tiger!

Moderator: The Gneech

Character Q & A (Good Idea Shamelessly Stolen)

Postby The Gneech on Wed Apr 02, 2003 12:01 pm

I'm stealing this idea from Vince, who in turn stole it from Thomas, because we here at The Suburban Jungle are not above shamelessly stealing from people with more talent!

So how it works is like this: you post a question to a member of the SJ cast, and within a few days (hopefully) they'll post some kind of illustrated response.

You can ask anything you want, but keep in mind that the cast is not under any duress to give you a straight answer!

-The Gneech 8)
Last edited by The Gneech on Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.suburbanjungle.com - The life, loves, and career of aspiring supermodel and ferocious predator, Tiffany Tiger

NeverNever - The story of the faeries at war with humanity, and of the humans who just don't notice
The Gneech
Keenspot Despot

Location: I'm usually at work, except when I'm not, but I'm at work then, too.

Postby TKarrde98 on Wed Apr 02, 2003 12:43 pm

[quote="TKarrde98"]SET: query(dover);
IF(location(honeymoon)!=secret)
TKarrde98

"The highest compliment you can pay to somebody, is to be glad to see them."
-- John "The Gneech" Robey

// SJ Code: SJ! TGM+++ CA! A+++ Tiff++ Con++ Wens+ Leo! Spot+++
// SJ Code: Wolf+++ Lna? MB++ FF+ Furs Fury+ TiC CfD DzW DzL

TKarrde98
Keenspot Despot

Postby Rognik on Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:09 pm

Tsk, tsk, Gneech. It's not those with more talent but more creativity in this case. There's a difference here. Anyway...

rognik wrote:Dear Yin,

How did you and Tiffany meet? And you don't get out much, do you? We haven't seen you out and about since... well, for a while. Hope you're feeling all right.

Rognik

Yin the Panda wrote:Image

Ohmygawd you would SO not believe it! I used to work down at this co-op, see, over on the other side of town, called "Nature's Joy," that was run by the sweetest couple, and they let me rent a room a couple of blocks away. I really liked working there because we used to get all the underground papers, y'know the ones where you get the REAL story, not the Patriarchist establishment sell-out propaganda you get from stuff like The Village Voice, and you can read about the secret government past-life regression experiments at the Pyramids to reincarnate Abraham Lincoln. They had photographs, you know!

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah! The co-op. Well, one day, I come in to work, or I try to come in to work, and the place is being overrun by like this ARMY of police guys with guns and radios and little blinky-light things that did who-knows-what, and they won't let me in! They tell me that a passerby reported the door was open and the safe in the back was wide open and empty, and they're investigating a robbery, which of course immediately makes me TOTALLY suspicious, 'cause why would a passerby know that the safe was open? Sheesh. And they're like, "Do you know the owners of this establishment, have you seen them in the past 24 hours?" and I'm like, "Of course I know them, and you know very well I know them because you keep records on all of us." He tells me they're, like, missing, and asks if I might know their whereabouts, and it hits me. They must have been kidnapped by oppressive corporate thugs of the Big Grocery conglomerates, who can't stand to see even a little bit of competetion!

Well, naturally, I point this out to the cops, and tell them about the totally suspicious looking people you see lurking around the neighborhood sometimes, like the guy in the long coat with the dark glasses, and that weird guy who drives that big black Cadillac, and the old gray wolf who's always muttering to himself, and how any one of them could really be secretly working for the grocery mafia! He gives me this look, and suddenly it occurs to me that maybe HE'S on the payroll, too! I tell you, I was scared!

*sigh* The couple never did turn up; they're probably still prisoners of the international supermarket cabal somewhere. But Nature's Joy was closed, and I had to find a new place to live. So I answered an ad in the paper, and it was Tiffany looking for a roommate, and so I moved in, and that's how we met.

And I get out plenty! What do you mean?

Tiffany Tiger wrote:"Nature's Joy?" Isn't that the place where the proprietors embezzled half a million bucks from the other investors and took off to Rio?
Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Teach him to use the internet, and he'll leave you alone forever.
Rognik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Lionkingcmsl on Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:31 pm

The Railroading Lion wrote:Leona,

Are you dating anyone at the present time?

If not, would you like to meet up with a multi-talented lion?

Leona Lioness wrote:Image

Dating somebody? Of course I'm dating somebody! A supermodel megastar like me, you know, is constantly beset by offers, and the hot, hot guys are just flocking to me like bees to honey! I amazed you could even think I wasn't dating anybody! Honestly, the nerve of some people!

The Railroading Lion wrote:Leona,

Ummm. Ok. I was just asking. Thanks. See you around then.
Last edited by Lionkingcmsl on Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LionkingCMSL - The railroading lion.
When it's a tie at a grade crossing, YOU lose.
Please go to Operation Life Saver's home page for more information on rail/highway grade crossing safety info.
SJ Code:
SJ! TGM++++ CA++ A++ Tiff+++ Com+++ Lna+++ Con+ Wens Leo++++++ Spot++ Wolf++ MB+++ Fan+++ Fa+++ Furs++ Fury+++ Fur++E Ta+++ TiC CfD
Lionkingcmsl
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Loxley on Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:34 pm

Loxley wrote:Dear Leona;

I want you to know that I'm a big fan of yours. We've seen you work and struggle to get jobs, whilst Tiffany fairly falls backwards into sweet gigs with no real effort on her part.

You are an inspiration to all of us who didn't have the good fortune to be "born on third base."

That said, could you tell us a little bit about your background? Where you came from, how you got into acting and modelling, what your goals, hopes, and dreams are, etc?

One of your biggest fans,

Loxley

(P.S. Please send me a Leona Lioness ballcap)

Leona Lioness wrote:Image

Who, little old me? Go on, stop it now, you'd be making me blush if it weren't all true!

My life story isn't really so interesting as you must think it is, filled with glamour and excitement, and of course, those tons and tons of hot guys that I was alluding to before, who I never have the slightest bit of difficulty attracting. The truth of the matter is that I was the middle girl in a large pride in America's heartland -- but I knew I was destined for a life in the big time! After all, I won so many beauty contests and talent shows, and of course, I was always in demand for the local theater! But it wasn't until a touring company for Phantom of the Opera came through Sioux City that I got my first taste of professional show biz!

As for goals, hopes, and dreams, well, I like to take things as they come! I am confident that with my talent and ability, I'll be able to someday perhaps make my own small contribution to the world. Really, that's all I want, is to make people happy!

And convince manufacturers to stop making clothes out of tencel. Have you ever tried to take care of a blouse made of tencel? It's a nightmare! And rayon, rayon's awful, too! And what is the deal with making all of these outfits dry clean only? What do they think, these clothing manufacturers, that I'm made of money? Honestly, it just BURNS ME UP! It's bad enough that they charge you an arm, a leg, and half of your tail to BUY the stupid outfit and it never fits right anyway, but then you can't DO anything while you're wearing it because one little scuff or smudge and "Whoop-de-doo, it's off to the dry cleaners again! Yay! Let's just charge you $35, fray all the edges and snap off all the buttons, and STILL not get off the smudge you took it in for in the first place! I mean GEEZE, people, come ON! A baseball cap? A BASEBALL CAP? If I can't even afford to get my shirt cleaned, how the heck am I supposed to afford to send you a baseball cap! What are you, nuts? Are you some kind of freaky stalker guy who goes around buttering up actresses and entertainers just so you can lull them into a false sense of security and then WHAM hit 'em up for a baseball cap? I've got a good mind to call a cop!

Huh? Oh, um, sorry, what was I saying? Oh, yes, my hopes and dreams. Well, to be honest, I hope I can make the rent next month ... and sometimes, really, isn't that enough?
Loxley
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nekomimikun on Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:30 pm

Nekomimikun wrote:Dear Conrad,
When you were a kid, did you ever imagine that life would be the way it is now? If not, then what did you think the world would have been like? Why did you see it that way?

Conrad wrote:Image

Er, I dunno really ... I kinda thought there'd be floating cars by now, I guess. The main thing I remember from when I was a kid was I had this idea that my dad was a baseball player, and that one day he'd come and take me off to travel with the baseball team instead of having to live with my mom and go to school all the time. I don't know where I came up with baseball, but I used to tell people I wanted to be a baseball player just like my dad. I told my mom that once and she nearly cracked up. She just said, "You're just like your dad already, forget about baseball." To this day, I still have no idea what she meant.
Nekomimikun
Keenspot Despot

Postby The Gneech on Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:30 pm

First response is up! More will come as time allows. :)

rognik wrote:Tsk, tsk, Gneech. It's not those with more talent but more creativity in this case. There's a difference here.

No, I'd say I'm about as creative as either of those guys. After all, did either of them have characters do celebrity chats? I don't think so! ;)

-The Gneech 8)
http://www.suburbanjungle.com - The life, loves, and career of aspiring supermodel and ferocious predator, Tiffany Tiger

NeverNever - The story of the faeries at war with humanity, and of the humans who just don't notice
The Gneech
Keenspot Despot

Postby hbar98 on Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:07 pm

I'll bite.

HBar98 wrote:Drezzer--
How's it going?

Drezzer Wolf wrote:Fine as frog hair, mate!

HBar98 wrote:How did you ever get into the photography/agent business? Did you have any other dreams/aspirations, or has photography/agent always been your "thing"?

Drezzer Wolf wrote:Image

I started playin' with photography late in school, actually, but I've always been interested in visual media. When I was in what yanks refer ter as 'high school' I was heavy into theater -- sort of a quasi-Bohemian quasi-Punk proto-Goth, you might say, an' I took myself way too seriously. I 'ad a tape of "Sunglasses At Night" that I used to play over and over and over, for whatever that's worth. Teenagers, go fig. Anyway, I had fun in the drama club, but I got tired of all the extra-curricular drama that went along with it, if yer know what I mean. Once I started getting comments on my photography, I managed to get an assistant's job at a men's fashion rag called 'A Mano,' which 'as fallen into the dustbin of 'istory and is no great loss. But it was a start! From there, it's been 'ard work and some lucky breaks!

*ahem* After finally figuring out what is going on, I retract my statement about this being a monthly column. I did not read the reference posts to see that you would be actaully drawing every scene. I apologize for any heartattack I may have caused. ;)
Last edited by hbar98 on Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beware of the typing wolf!
set.code(SJ)=start
SJ+++ TGM+++ CA++ A Tiff++ Con+ Wens Leo++ Spot+++ Wolf! Lna+ MB++ Fan++ Fur+ TiL CfD DzL
set.code(SJ)=end
hbar98
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby allan_ecker on Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:06 am

Allan Ecker played with fire when he wrote:Conrad-

Are you gay or what?

(Only asked this question to see what his reaction would be.)

Conrad T. Tiger wrote:Image
allan_ecker
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby TKarrde98 on Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:59 pm

// Ahem...

SET cheer="WOO HOO!!!";

return();

// Thanks, Dover!

/* Say, I've been wondering... have you ever tried speaking in comments? You can speak normal english on chat, why not in comment fields? */

// -=TK
TKarrde98

TKarrde98
Keenspot Despot

Re: Character Q & A (Good Idea Shamelessly Stolen)

Postby Won-Tolla on Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:08 pm

The Gneech wrote:I'm stealing this idea from Vince

Speaking of which, TCM has got to be the longest running strip in history? The oldest strip in the archives is dated 199!!
(Curiously enough this is not the strip most of the First Strip links lead to...)
Won-Tolla
Keenspot Despot

Postby Rognik on Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:40 pm

It's just an April Fool's joke. :)
Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Teach him to use the internet, and he'll leave you alone forever.
Rognik
Keenspot Despot

Is this Ali Baba's Cave, or Pandora's Box?

Postby Stilghar on Thu Apr 03, 2003 4:20 pm

Stilghar wrote:Ramses: What in the world made you so angry?

Ramses wrote:Image

What made me angry? What made me angry??? Are you kidding me? Just look at all I have to choose from! Death! War! Disease! Poverty! Cats! This whole friggin' world is like a hundred billion people got together and figured out exactly the right things to do to piss me off! With all the crime and misery and Adam Sandler movies out there, instead of asking why I'm angry, what you should be asking is why everybody else ISN'T!!!

Leonard: What's your drink of choice when you want to unwind?

Leonard wrote:Image

If I need to unwind bad enough to require a drink, then I need to unwind so bad that a drink alone's not going to do it. In those situations, I need a pool table and an inexhaustible supply of Bailey's Irish Cream on ice.

Comfort: How good a kisser is Dover?

Comfort T. Tiger wrote:Image

*Squeeeeeee!*

Conrad: How good a kisser is Drezzer? 8)

Conrad T. Tiger wrote:Image

Eh ... I've had better. ;3

Drezzer angrily wrote:Oh, you dirty rotter! You have NOT!
"For a man to help others with all his gifts and native strength: that is the noblest work." - Sophocles
||||||
Stilghar
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby The Gneech on Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:06 pm

Hey now, that's four questions! You'll have to get the answers to those one at a time. :)

-The Gneech 8)

The Gneech
Keenspot Despot

Postby hbar98 on Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:31 pm

Hey, this is great! I started reading Vince's Character QnA.

Thanks for yet another great perk!
Beware of the typing wolf!
set.code(SJ)=start
SJ+++ TGM+++ CA++ A Tiff++ Con+ Wens Leo++ Spot+++ Wolf! Lna+ MB++ Fan++ Fur+ TiL CfD DzL
set.code(SJ)=end
hbar98
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Fallwind on Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:04 am

Fallwind wrote:SELECT Advice
FROM Dover, Fallwind
WHERE Fallwind.future_occupation = Dover.current_occupation
AND Job_Market < good;

Dover Cheetah wrote:Image

IF try[first] NEQ "succeed"
set try++
END IF
I cant say that things will be better if we change; what I can say is that we must change for them to get better
Fallwind
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Drezzer

Postby Doc Werewolf on Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:31 am

Doc Werewolf wrote:Drezzer - have you ever done your own photoshoot... and are they online :lol:

I know.. 2 questions.. but they are related

Drezzer Wolf wrote:You mean a shoot where somebody was takin' pictures of me, instead of the other way 'round? Only once, mate, back when I first moved to Americer I went with another photographer for a while -- never make that mistake again -- and 'e wheedled me into doin' it. 'e colored and trimmed my hair and took a few shots of me, but 'e kept doing it in such a slipshod way that by the end of it I was ready to tear the camera right out of 'is paws and show 'im 'ow it's done. Needless to say, the two of us didn't last long as an item.

This is the only pic I still 'ave from the shoot. 'e said I looked like 'arrison Ford with my 'air done up this way ... I don't see it, myself.
The Furry, Friendly Wolf from Brisbane
'Walk Quietly through this World
Leave Nothing but Smiles and Pawprints'
Doc Werewolf
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nebulous on Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:35 pm

Nebulous wrote:Bachelorette number 1, would you...

Wait a second. This ain't The Dating Game. :lol:

Tiffany, would you be willing to use, or have you ever used, heavy makeup or fur dye for an acting role? Specifically to hide or change your coloration or stripes.

Tiffany Tiger wrote:Hi Nebulous! Folks, this guy is a bona fide old-time jungloid from 'way back! Anyway...

I auditioned for this obscure fantasy film where, for no readily apparent reason, they wanted a tiger painted black. I didn't get the part -- but it's probably just as well!
Nebulous Rikulau
/*-----Begin SJ Code-----*/
SJ+++ TG++ CA+++ A++ Tiff++ Leo++ Spot+ Lna-MB+ Fan+ Fur! Fa+++ TiC TiL
/*------End SJ Code------*/
Nebulous
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby TKarrde98 on Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 am

Nebulous wrote:Tiffany, would you be willing to use, or have you ever used, heavy makeup or fur dye for an acting role? Specifically to hide or change your coloration or stripes.

Silly Nebulous: a Tiger can't change it's stripes! :wink:

-=TK
TKarrde98

TKarrde98
Keenspot Despot

Postby nslashk on Sat Apr 05, 2003 9:43 am

TKarrde98 wrote:Silly Nebulous: a Tiger can't change it's stripes!

Silly TKaarde98: a Tiger should alter its apostrophe usage!
:wink:
n/k
Needle & Thread: There's a party goin' on at the local church hall, you know people do it - all you gotta do is call; Leave your lonely room and you'd seize the day, but you put on the ABC and foxtrot your chance away.
nslashk
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby gatorman_295 on Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:05 am

Gatorman295 wrote:Hey, Wally!

Wally Roo wrote:Hi! *waves*

Gatorman295 wrote:I just want to say that you are my favorite character. Like you, I am a shy, kind person who always seems to have a kind word for someone.

Wally Roo wrote:Oh! Wow ... uh ... thanks! It feels weird to be somebody's favorite character. I'm just this guy, y'know? Really, I think Leonard and Drezzer are both way more interesting than me.

Gatorman295 wrote:Now, the question: Do you think of yourself as a real party animal? (No pun intended!)

Wally Roo wrote:Uuuuuhhh ... no. :)

I mean, well, I go to parties, I guess; I've been to like The Rocky Horror Picture Show, and I've hung out at places like "The Purple Nurple, but I'm quite the wallflower really. I just sorta stand at the back and don't make any noise. I dance a little, but I don't get out there and put on a big show or anything.

If a party guy is your type, then Drezzer is definitely way more interesting than me! That guy starts a party just by entering the room. I was lurking in the IRC channel for the Funday Pawpet Show one time when he came in -- the show practically stopped for a minute so everybody could squee over Drezzer being in the place! It was like going to a party with Austin Powers or something. Kinda cool, 'cause he's somebody I know, but also made me feel strangely small. I didn't even bother to say hi to him, actually, 'cause I didn't want to have to elbow my way through the fanboys.

Drezzer Wolf wrote:You were in the Pawpet channel and you didn't say 'ello? Cripes, mate, I wish I'd spotted you! I'm always 'appy to see you.

Gatorman wrote:Okay. What say you, Drezzer and Leonard come to my place? We’ll knock back a few gallons of OJ, put on a little music (ELO, anyone?) and just talk about ourselves.

It’s always a nice thing to have a friend like you. Thanks!
Last edited by gatorman_295 on Sat May 31, 2003 8:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
Joe “Gatorman” Kristoff
Suburban Jungle: SJ+++ Roo++++ Lna!+++ Com+++ Yin+++ Spot+++ Wolf+++ Con+++ Ape+++
Class Menagerie: TCM+++ VSM+++ T+ Mk+++ L+++ Kv++ Br+ Sc+++ C+++ Da+++ Bf+ De+ Sa+ Km+ Mc+++
gatorman_295
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Won-Tolla on Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:25 am

allan_ecker wrote:Conrad-

Are you gay or what?

(Only asked this question to see what his reaction would be.)

What. Anyway, have you noticed the responses so far have been in black and white? How do you expect Conrad to blush properly in a black and white sketch, you silly fox?

Won-Tolla wrote:Okay, my question to Leonard:
How did you come up with the no predation rule? Is it just to attract more customers, or is there a deeper meaning?

Leonard Lion wrote:In all honesty, it was a gimmick that worked. See, I started out as the bartender and effectively manager; the previous owner of The Watering Hole was my boss. He was a nice enough guy, but not really the sharpest bowling ball in the alley, if you catch my drift. In particular, he was really bad at coming up with good promotional ideas.

Anyway, after a while, it became clear to just about everybody, him included, that I was a lot better suited to run the place than he was -- in fact, it was pretty much me that was keeping it afloat, despite his best efforts. So one day, out of the blue, he offered to sell me the place at a price that I couldn't afford to pass up, and retired.

So suddenly I owned a bar with a history of promotional ideas that were dumber than a bag of metric hammers, so I figured I had nothing to lose by trying something crazy. So I thought, "Y'know, predators make up a total of maybe 30% of the population -- we're throwing away 70% of our potential business!" But I didn't want to just abandon TWH's traditional clientele -- and there was no way prey species were going to start flocking overnight to a bar run by a lion. Most of them can barely manage to hold a civil conversation with us without having a heart attack.

(Not that I blame them; it's just Mother Nature's vicious little joke. But I digress.)

Anyway, so I figured I'd try the old "turn the problem into its own solution" thing. Instead of trying to "get over" the fact that somehow I had to get predators and prey to mix, I made that my selling point. I put up the sign that said "No Predation Allowed" and started running TV commercials. "Take a walk on the wild side!" was one that got a lot of attention, I remember. Anyway, it hasn't been without its rough spots, but on the whole, it's been more successful than I was actually expecting, so I'll take it!

Hope that answers your question. Oh, and by the way, I love the 3d renderings! You've really caught a lot of the feel of the place.

Later! -LL

Won-Tolla wrote:Backup question for someone who hasn't been mentioned yet:
Natasha: What do you miss most from the old country?

Natasha T. Tiger wrote:Image

Oh, that's an easy one: having dark hair! (Ha, ha!) The truth of the matter is that for the most part I was happy to leave. If I had to pick one thing, I suppose it would be my mother. When I left the old country, I was not able to see her for many years. After Louis was born, I decided that all of the children had to meet their grandmother while she was still alive, and while it took some effort, I finally managed to arrange a visit. She had aged quite a bit since I had seen her, but her eyes still sparkled when she met my three darlings.

She has since passed away, and with her, any real reason I had to visit any more. America is my home now, and I love it here.
Won-Tolla
Keenspot Despot

Postby Nebulous on Sat Apr 05, 2003 6:31 pm

TKarrde98 wrote:
Nebulous wrote:Tiffany, would you be willing to use, or have you ever used, heavy makeup or fur dye for an acting role? Specifically to hide or change your coloration or stripes.

Silly Nebulous: a Tiger can't change it's stripes! :wink:

Change, no. Cover, yes.
Consider a role in a historical drama as the lovely Kashmir Noel. With the rarity of the Golden color phase, it is likely that there wouldn't be any actresses of the proper color.
(and humans dye their hair all the time. :P )

So anyway... 8)

p.s. possessiveitshasnoapostrophe :wink:
Nebulous Rikulau
/*-----Begin SJ Code-----*/
SJ+++ TG++ CA+++ A++ Tiff++ Leo++ Spot+ Lna-MB+ Fan+ Fur! Fa+++ TiC TiL
/*------End SJ Code------*/
Nebulous
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Won-Tolla on Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:56 pm

*Scans the TigerHaven adoption page*

Shucks, there's no link to Adopt Tiffany And Take Her Home. :wink:
But you can adopt Tony. That's grrrrreat! :lol:
Last edited by Won-Tolla on Sun Apr 06, 2003 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Won-Tolla
Keenspot Despot

Postby TKarrde98 on Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:50 pm

G'o'o'd' g'r'i'e'f'! I' d'o'nt' t'h'i'n'k' Iv'e e'v'e'r' s'e'e'n' p'e'o'p'l'e' s'o' w'o'r'k'e'd' u'p' o'v'e'r' a' s'i'n'g'l'e' p'u'n'c't'u'a't'i'o'n' m'a'r'k' o'n' a' f'o'r'u'm', b'e'f'o'r'e'!

-=T'K' :-? :roll:
TKarrde98

TKarrde98
Keenspot Despot

Next

Return to The Suburban Jungle