A Word From Your Benevolent Dictator

Aspiring model, actress, and star of her own comic strip, it's Tiffany Tiger!

Moderator: The Gneech

Postby Won-Tolla on Mon Jul 22, 2002 9:54 pm

The Gneech wrote:I still owe one to [...] the mysterious un-named fellow who won the cameo at AnthroCon but hasn't e-mailed me to claim it. :)

Perhaps you could just draw him as a mysterious shadowy figure if he doesn't show up... :D
Won-Tolla
Keenspot Despot

Postby Greyeyes on Tue Jul 23, 2002 1:05 pm

Whattaya want to bet someone purchased it for someone else and they can't decide how they want to be shown, or lost the contact information...
Greyeyes
Keenspot Despot

oh no!

Postby Tobiaswolfboi on Thu Jul 25, 2002 5:07 am

I just realised that, in my newbie ignorance I mentioned the Pope in my second post!
http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?t=41592
(which was 5 minutes after the first) I think that breaks the rules......wait..that post was really farcical...it involved Dutch singing and pudding. I meant no offense of course, its just that the Pope was a convenient, high-level offical I could use in my spoof! Do you think that really counts as a violation of the rules?
Tobiaswolfboi
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nekomimikun on Thu Jul 25, 2002 1:28 pm

I don't think that you violated the rules. If you didn't intend on hurting anyone then there shouldn't be much of a problem at all. =P
What is more important is the intent behind what you do here.
Nekomimikun
Keenspot Despot

Postby The Overseer on Mon Aug 26, 2002 10:39 pm

Euhm... Right, again this is the first time I post on this board (huh?) Ueah, well, I first posted one the message board on NevrNever. Anyway, I really like SJ. Although I haven't quite decided yet if I find NeverNever better... What I wanted to ask, as I think u (The Gneech) sorta brought up the subject in this perticular post is, is the cute eye style that crept in in the SJ comic gonna stay permanently? Forgive me if this has already been asked and or answered.
The Overseer
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby The Gneech on Tue Aug 27, 2002 4:38 am

The Overseer wrote:What I wanted to ask, as I think u (The Gneech) sorta brought up the subject in this perticular post is, is the cute eye style that crept in in the SJ comic gonna stay permanently? Forgive me if this has already been asked and or answered.

Welcome aboard. :) But I'm not sure what you're referring to; could you elaborate? -TG
http://www.suburbanjungle.com - The life, loves, and career of aspiring supermodel and ferocious predator, Tiffany Tiger

NeverNever - The story of the faeries at war with humanity, and of the humans who just don't notice
The Gneech
Keenspot Despot

Location: I'm usually at work, except when I'm not, but I'm at work then, too.

Postby The Overseer on Tue Aug 27, 2002 5:26 am

Well, the drawing-style in the SJ comic has changed. It began with the galactic movie thingy. I now understand Tiffany appearantly has a role in this movie. In the news you said something about another artist doing the comic for 12 episodes I think. Well, as I saw it, I immidiatly noticed the cute eyes the characters suddenlt had developed, as wel as some other... euhm... "cutifying" (I just came up with that) changes. Now, I am not sure if that artist is still drawing the comic, or that he never did and that you just took over his style.
The Overseer
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Won-Tolla on Tue Aug 27, 2002 8:34 am

Lookes like the Overseer Overlooked something? All the strips from the start of the movie onward have this little tag at the top: "Guest strip S. Kellogg".
Won-Tolla
Keenspot Despot

Postby The Overseer on Tue Aug 27, 2002 12:49 pm

Yeah, so it ain't permantly then? I am not quite known with on-line comics you see. In fact, I know them sice NeverNever, and that was about 5 days ago :) So Guest strip is not in my vocabulary.
The Overseer
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby The Gneech on Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:59 pm

Scott Kellogg has been drawing the strip for the past month; his regular strip, "21st Century Fox," can be found at http://techfox.keenspace.com .

I will be drawing the strip again starting next Monday. (Well, actually, I've drawn next Monday already and it's sitting on the server waiting to be loaded -- but you get my meaning.)

Enjoy! -TG
http://www.suburbanjungle.com - The life, loves, and career of aspiring supermodel and ferocious predator, Tiffany Tiger

NeverNever - The story of the faeries at war with humanity, and of the humans who just don't notice
The Gneech
Keenspot Despot

Postby The Overseer on Wed Aug 28, 2002 10:30 am

Hmm, yeah, I already know Kellog. Have read the every comic already, and am now waiting for the next one to be posted :) Not only that, through kellogs site I found euhm... Faux Pas... And I am very glad I did, I luv that comic. Kellogs comic too by the way :) Well, thanx for the answer :)
The Overseer
Keenspotter Supreme

mmmyay?

Postby .Maia. on Sun Sep 08, 2002 8:05 pm

:o
i'm all sorts of new *oh yes!! there are many sorts of new* to this fun place. it's nice to see the rules are laid out for me upon stepping into this beautiful board :oops: i won't cause too much havoc...i'll be sure to keep my wings.
:evil:

~{@ Maia
I just ask for what we all ask of the people we respect; That the thought of me does not compel you to violent spasms of projectile vomiting.
- Nny
^_^
.Maia.
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Won-Tolla on Sun Sep 29, 2002 10:28 pm

Welcome, Jester. What kind of instrument is that you're playing? (Or is it a camouflaged gun? :D)
Won-Tolla
Keenspot Despot

Re: A Word From Your Benevolent Dictator

Postby Morkheleb on Tue Oct 15, 2002 11:38 pm

The Gneech wrote:To that end, I have made it a policy to only "moderate" the boards by kicking out spammers, obvious trolls, and blatantly rude or threatening people, and adopting a lasseiz faire (is that spelled right?) attitude towards the rest. Besides prefering that for philosophical reasons, I'm also just plain lazy and don't feel like playing Ettiquette Cop.

Errrr... I'm sorry, but you ask it ... It's "laissez faire"
*blush*
sorrysorrysorrysorrysorry

(I hate doing things like this)

Poor little french guy
Morkheleb
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby The Gneech on Wed Oct 16, 2002 3:28 am

Thanks for the info! :) I'll fix it. -TG 8)

The Gneech
Keenspot Despot

Postby Graveyard Greg on Fri Oct 18, 2002 12:28 am

The Gneech has to be one of the nicest guys on the earth if he can make a lecture on good behavior <I>not</I> sound like a lecture.

Kudos to you, o Suburban Jungle Creator! :D
Graveyard Greg
Writer--Gaming Guardians
http://www.gamingguardians.com
Graveyard Greg
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby The Gneech on Fri Oct 18, 2002 2:50 am

Am not! Am not! I'm a big jerk'n'stuff!

GRRR! :evil:

-The Gneech ("Snarl! Snap! 'n'stuff")

The Gneech
Keenspot Despot

Postby darter9000 on Wed Nov 06, 2002 7:52 am

Graveyard Greg wrote:The Gneech has to be one of the nicest guys on the earth if he can make a lecture on good behavior <I>not</I> sound like a lecture.

Kudos to you, o Suburban Jungle Creator! :D

Oh come on, some of us have to live with lectures for 4+ years...
"Why be content with one nation when I can have them all?" <i>- CEO of Darcon Industries</i><br>"Help Wanted: Someone that won't mind interdimensional travel." <i>- CEO of Darcon Industries</i><br>*Now taking requests for song rewriting...* - Management
darter9000
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Phantom Snowcat on Wed Nov 06, 2002 8:14 pm

/me wonders when I'll wake up from this horrible horrible dream!
There comes a time in every mans life where he must choose. But i forgot when.
Phantom Snowcat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Pesi on Fri Nov 08, 2002 8:01 am

Just wondering...
what month does this strip:
http://www.suburbanjungle.com/d/20020109.html
belong to?
Pesi
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby The Gneech on Fri Nov 08, 2002 8:07 am

January. :) The header is a boo-boo. -TG

The Gneech
Keenspot Despot

Postby GrimMalady on Mon Dec 09, 2002 8:26 pm

Well, considering this thing is permenantly at the top of the board, I might as well post to it.
I actually don't look a thing like my picture. That doesn't make me a bad person, does it?
GrimMalady
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: Going to and fro on the earth, and walking back and forth on it.

Postby TKarrde98 on Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:50 pm

GrimMalady wrote:Well, considering this thing is permenantly at the top of the board, I might as well post to it.

Heh... causes problems elsewhere. I've come to the point where I tend to ignore the top two posts of any board I visit.

-=T "Artificial blindspots" K
TKarrde98

"The highest compliment you can pay to somebody, is to be glad to see them."
-- John "The Gneech" Robey

// SJ Code: SJ! TGM+++ CA! A+++ Tiff++ Con++ Wens+ Leo! Spot+++
// SJ Code: Wolf+++ Lna? MB++ FF+ Furs Fury+ TiC CfD DzW DzL

TKarrde98
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to The Suburban Jungle