Saying goodbye to Bruno

A warrior (Bruno) and a small dragon (Fiona) team up for fun and plunder in this fantasy comic strip.

Moderators: kmd, Ian McDonald, Limax

Saying goodbye to Bruno

Postby Lynn on Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:50 pm

Hi all,

I'm writing this to let you all know I'm stepping away from Bruno. Not because I don't like Bruno, or any problems with Ian. I'ts simply a matter that money issues are driving me off to find more stable pay. I'm not a terribly energetic person, and don't think I'll have the time outside a full-time job to do Bruno any justice.

So, it is with some sadness that I depart. If things change, I may return to again supply color to the brunoverse. Until then, I wish you all the best.

Lynn
Lynn
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby mouse on Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:09 pm

sorry to see you go, lynn - i'm afraid you've spoiled us all with your lovely coloring work. hope you find steady income soon -
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby kmd on Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:36 am

Best of luck in the future Lynn! Here's hoping you get to work at a dream job for dream pay!

And best of luck to Ian as well. Again, dream job, dream pay, along with plenty of time to work on the comic on the sly. ;)
kmd
Extra-Dimensional Entity

Postby AisA on Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:08 pm

Lynn...You'll be missed here, but I can't argue the need to chase the money jobs. All the best, wherever you end up.

Ian...about time you became a productive corporate drone, you slacker! I've envied your hedonistic lifestyle of absinthe and libertines long enough. Put me out of my misery, already!
More Bruno the Bandit at www.aimcomics.com!
AisA
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby mouse on Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:51 pm

ian - i hope you continue to enjoy drawing bruno, and continue to share that with us. you shouldn't be apologizing to us - after all, we aren't paying your salary, so you don't owe us anything. but i've enjoyed watching bruno's adventures through the years, so i have the selfish hope that you will continue to make them available, as often as you can (or want).

good luck with inventory, and i hope you get the new job and it is wonderful!
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby Ian McDonald on Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:24 pm

AisA wrote:Ian...about time you became a productive corporate drone, you slacker! I've envied your hedonistic lifestyle of absinthe and libertines long enough. Put me out of my misery, already!

But I don't WANNA give up my hedonistic lifestyle! :cry: More wenches! More of the Green Fairy! More evading reality!!!!
Ian McDonald
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ian McDonald on Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:32 pm

mouse wrote:ian - i hope you continue to enjoy drawing bruno, and continue to share that with us. you shouldn't be apologizing to us - after all, we aren't paying your salary, so you don't owe us anything. but i've enjoyed watching bruno's adventures through the years, so i have the selfish hope that you will continue to make them available, as often as you can (or want).

good luck with inventory, and i hope you get the new job and it is wonderful!

Thanks, Mouse! I felt I should apologize because I'm scaling back Bruno in the middle of the "Bluebird of Happiness" story arc. By putting the strip out once a week, the story may not end until the sun goes supernova, or I pass on to the next life, whichever comes first!

BTW, true story, I spotted a mouse in my room on, well, the night before Christmas! So much for "not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse!" Was that you, Mouse? :D
Ian McDonald
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Onyx on Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:00 pm

First of all Good Luck Lynn, I have enjoyed your coloring skills immensely!

Ian! even if you go down to one day or week - or less - I will will be reading you! As a dedicated web comic reader for years, I have seen many comics slow down, sometimes for month not posting, but I still check back. I have several I read once a week, and several I read whenever. So, even if you have to cut back to whatever works for you, I will be reading it! (As I have for many years ;)) And, if you ever announce that you're stopping for good, well, I'll still check back every once in a while juuuust to be sure ;)

Best of luck in the cold hard world *buuurrrrr*
[i]

At Tara in this fateful hour
I place all Heaven with its power
And the sun with its brightness,
And the snow with its whiteness,
And the fire with all the strength it hath,
And the lightning with its rapid wrath,
And the winds with their swiftness along their path,
And the sea with its deepness,
And the rocks with their steepness,
And the earth with its starkness:
All these I place....
Between myself and the powers of darkness.

- Madeleine L
Onyx
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Murray M. Lee on Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:43 pm

Never underestimate the ability of "real life" to get in the way of computer stuff. Like Mouse stated, no need to apologize to us. As long as you still feel a creative spark and have enough ideas to keep the plots continuing, keep going.
Murray
A Writer's Block
- Science Fiction stories, jokes, and art
USS Freedom
The Misadventures of the wackiest ship in Starfleet (in hiatus)
Murray M. Lee
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby mouse on Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:15 pm

Ian McDonald wrote:BTW, true story, I spotted a mouse in my room on, well, the night before Christmas! So much for "not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse!" Was that you, Mouse? :D

well, i _was_ stirring on christmas eve, but not that far east.

still, i hope you wished my counterpart a merry christmas!
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby greybeaver on Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:31 am

Lynn - thanks for your efforts - glorious work!

Ian - glad that you hope to continue, even at a reduced pace.
when the shift happens, I'll move yer link to the Monday Mojo Section

Best wishes for a happy and prosperous new year to both of you!
greybeaver
Junior Keenspotter

Return to Bruno The Bandit