The Latest Banter....

A warrior (Bruno) and a small dragon (Fiona) team up for fun and plunder in this fantasy comic strip.

Moderators: kmd, Ian McDonald, Limax

The Latest Banter....

Postby AisA on Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:00 am

Ian...
Regarding your comment in the latest Banter about setting up an RSS feed for your site, I thought I'd let you know that, in a way, someone's already done the work. Bruno is one of the sites available for subscription on Darkgate Comic Slurper (http://darkgate.net/comic/), which gives you an RSS feed for any number of strips. I know that I subscribe to Bruno through them, just so I can read the strip in my Bloglines subscription.
Now, I know that what they're doing is probably not fully legit, and may be creating a problem with your ad revenue. What I was wondering...and other readers may be as well...is whether your stats show a hit every time your strip is delivered through Darkgate's feed? Is their service a benefit to you in any way, or is it just a ripoff? The bigger strips (i.e. Dilbert, Get Fuzzy, et al) don't seem to have a problem with them, so I'm assuming they're not techincally illegal...but are they a help or a hinder?
More Bruno the Bandit at www.aimcomics.com!
AisA
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ShardZ on Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:59 pm

I used to browse that one a bit, even though it did seem a bit like cheating.

I eventually dropped it, mostly because it only picked up the first image file from the sites it scanned. This meant that comics posting two individual strips at a time, like Zebra Girl, were incomplete (and a third occasional strip was never picked up at all, iirc, because it wasn't in the same section as the comic). I think syndicated strips like Spider-Man may have fallen into this category, too... there seemed to be huge chunks missing for a completed storyline.

But maybe the system has gotten better since then...
In order to clearly see what is in the shadows, you must first enter them.

ShardZ
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: The haunts of grues, lucksuckers and eldritch vapors.

Re: The Latest Banter....

Postby Arantor on Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:33 am

*huge ka-BUMP*

AutoKeen now spits out RSS feeds too, by the looks of things.

http://www.brunothebandit.com/comic.rss

Unfortunately this only covers the strips, not the Tribune, but I'm sure there must be a way of doing this.
Arantor
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Bruno The Bandit