Mike Dominic's Guest week(s)

A warrior (Bruno) and a small dragon (Fiona) team up for fun and plunder in this fantasy comic strip.

Moderators: kmd, Ian McDonald, Limax

Mike Dominic's Guest week(s)

Postby kmd on Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:44 am

I just have to say, I am loving this guest week. Well, I guess 2 weeks. Anyway! The verse, the artwork, it's just great. Mike really took some time with this. Kudos to him!

And now I'm curious. Lynn, did you color, or did Mike do that as well?
kmd
Extra-Dimensional Entity

Postby mouse on Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:33 am

i always liked this song...of course, now i will always picture bruno singing it.
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby AisA on Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:30 pm

Hi. Glad to read that you're enjoying the story so far. I'd like to say a big thanks to Ian for letting me play in his sanbox...it's always fun.

Oh, and the coloring is mine as well. Ian likes to keep his slaves busy, yes he does.
More Bruno the Bandit at www.aimcomics.com!
AisA
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ian McDonald on Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:15 am

AisA wrote:Oh, and the coloring is mine as well. Ian likes to keep his slaves busy, yes he does.

*Cracks whip* Back to work, lackey!!!
Ian McDonald
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby AisA on Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:10 am

Yassuh! Right away...

And on a related note...

For anyone wondering why there's no Bruno strip today, let me just say that it's entirely my fault. I've been juggling this with another big project, and I've really been down to the wire with the coloring on these strips. So, of course, that's the best time for some hardware to crap out on me and completely lose all the color work on one page, which puts the whole week behind schedule. Ian has graciously agreed to run the strips Tuesday to Friday this week, so rest assured your daily funnies will return tomorrow.
As for me, I'm dancing as fast as I can to get this finished, and Ian's riding herd to make sure I deliver. Thanks for your patience.
AisA
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Freak on Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:30 am

Would it be possible to letter these strips larger?
Freak
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby AisA on Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:04 am

Yeah, I'm realizing what a problem that is. The strips read differently when you're viewing them at full size, and I didn't think I'd lose that much in the shrink. I'll try to correct that in the last couple.
AisA
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tim Tylor on Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:53 am

Say, I think today's strip changed all of a suddenlike.
Icon art by Thomas K Dye who mightily rocks

"That which does not kill us, makes us poorly"
Tim Tylor
Keenspot Despot

Postby AisA on Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:14 am

Tim:
Yes. You are correct. It did change. The Matrix has you. Talk to no one. Follow the white rabbit. There is no spoon.

Actually, Ian mixed up a couple of pages, and originally ran page 7 in place of page 6, then corrected the order. Sort of a graphically sequential cybernetic timeslip.

All is well. Return to your lives.
AisA
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby AisA on Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:30 am

I've just emailed Ian the last strip for this story, so it's all over but the shouting. I just wanted to say "thanks" again to Ian for letting me play with his characters, and I hope I haven't maltreated them too badly.

Thanks too to the Bruno fan who provided the incentive to make this story happen. I'm pretty sure I can speak for Ian as well as myself when I say you're appreciated.

And finally, thanks to all the readers. I hope you've enjoyed the story, and if you didn't....it's all Ian's fault.
AisA
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tensu of the moon on Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:34 pm

technicly speaking, priviteers act completely within the law. they get a pardoning document and everything.
forgive my atrioucious spelling.

reads: goblins, bruno the bandit, antihero for hire, darken, banished!, elf only inn, comic i refuse to mention as part of a protest of the belittleing and demeaning use of the word God.

Quote-"let's face it, sci-fi and fantasy fans love to complain about works of fiction. I know I do"-Tarol Hunt

oh, and in case you where wondering, there is a God.
Tensu of the moon
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby AisA on Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:50 am

Thanks, Tensu.
Yes, I knew that, and know about letters of marque and all that. My version of privateers only skimmed the surface of the real thing....Many pirates made themselves "legitimate" by obtaining letters of marque from the king of one country allowing them to seize ships belonging to the king of another country. So, if you really wanted to be technical, you could say that Bluenose Barrett had a letter of marque from some rival country of Rothland to seize Xerxes's ships. What other country, and why? Well, perhaps thereby hangs another tale, if Ian or I ever care to take a crack at it.
AisA
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Bruno The Bandit