Sears Catalog - 1st of March (St. David's Day)

A warrior (Bruno) and a small dragon (Fiona) team up for fun and plunder in this fantasy comic strip.

Moderators: kmd, Ian McDonald, Limax

Sears Catalog - 1st of March (St. David's Day)

Postby Limax on Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:14 pm

Ian - today's sketch brought back memories of my misspent youth again. Up until about the mid-80's or so, the ads for department stores didn't have photos of models in them. They were usually sketches such as the ones you drew of women (and men) wearing the clothes they were trying to sell.

A friend of mine, when he was bored one day, decided to trace one of the women in an ad such as this. He found that it was easy to make it look like they had no clothes. :shifty:

(He did get caught by his mother... but ah! The fantasies of teenage boys...)
.__ ___ __ _... ._ _

A salted slug gathers no moss.

This post is brought to you by the number 6.
Limax
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Sears Catalog - 1st of March (St. David's Day)

Postby Ian McDonald on Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:59 pm

[quote="Limax"]A friend of mine, when he was bored one day, decided to trace one of the women in an ad such as this. He found that it was easy to make it look like they had no clothes. :shifty:quote]

How do you think I learned to draw women?? :wink:

Later,
Ian
Ian McDonald
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Backwards logic

Postby Connacek on Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:59 am

Ummm, Ian, do you remember that scene in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid where they're hired to guard the old miner and they're both nervous as cats on the way up the mountain, and he sneers at them, "They ain't gonna try to rob us on the way up you idiots, they'll try to rob us on the way down AFTER we got the money!"

Well. it's not exactly a PERFECT analogy, but it came to mind shortly after I heard you ask for donations to put the clothing back ON the women. I don't know that this has ever been tried this way before! It's completely revolutionary! In a world where they're showing naked women on prime time TV (and pixelling out about, oh, say 2% of the body; no nipples and no hair, otherwise it's okay) nudity has gotten ho-hum... let's sell UNSTRIPTEASE!

Pushing the boundaries, that's you all over...

: )
Outback: No rules, just right.
Washington DC: No rights, just rules.
Connacek
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby generalredwolf on Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:15 am

You know Ian, that is more of a DIS-insentive to donate. ;-)
generalredwolf
Junior Keenspotter

Return to Bruno The Bandit