Me almighty

A warrior (Bruno) and a small dragon (Fiona) team up for fun and plunder in this fantasy comic strip.

Moderators: kmd, Ian McDonald, Limax

Me almighty

Postby Connacek on Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:59 am

This is not just fun, it's... um, really really fun!
(I need to go back to creative writing class, I think. My lit skills have gotten... something. You know.)

Where did the book go? Did the fire need the book to generate the ducky?
I love the idea that Ailix even HAS a ducky. btw.
Outback: No rules, just right.
Washington DC: No rights, just rules.
Connacek
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tim Tylor on Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:29 pm

Not a ducky - The Ducky. Sacred legend tells of how a hunted duck flew to Ailix for succour, and he sheltered it in his own bath. Then as now, the well-off and comfortable saw the poor and disposessed as but a nuisance and a drain on the nation's resources. Vexed at this, Ailix preached a sermon about the bird. Would any of you, he said, not do as I did and give succour to a sweet little duck in need? And they said, There is not one here but would aid a cute ducky. And Ailix said, And yet you would refuse such aid to your own human brethren? And they said, Good point. And Ailix held up a home-made polystyrene ducky. I have made this for myself, he said, to remind me to be as charitable to all creatures as I would be to a cute duck. Go likewise and make yourself duckies, and these shall remind you likewise. And this they did, and so the custom of bath duckies came to be.
Icon art by Thomas K Dye who mightily rocks

"That which does not kill us, makes us poorly"
Tim Tylor
Keenspot Despot

Eminently sensible

Postby Connacek on Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:20 pm

This is the best mythmaking I've heard in a long time. (When added to the existing body of work Ian's doing here, of course; these all build on a history of some kind...) Worship The Ducky!

On a similar note, then, here's a point of curiosity. Where did we get the notion that the 3 kings were Caspar, Balthazar and Melchior? (Variants in spelling abound.) Were those names just picked out for that song, or did they exist before? And was there any significance to the choice of these names? Like, if I had generated the names it would mean something different if I said they were Leroy, Kwame, and Jefferson than if I said they were Paddy, Conor and Seamus.
Connacek
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ian McDonald on Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:12 pm

One part of the legend that Tim forgot to mention was that during the duck hunt, Ailix's Vice-Messiah accidentally shot one of the Apostles. Oddly enough, this was edited out of the Book of Ailix! :wink:

Later,
Ian
Ian McDonald
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby JONJONAUG on Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:49 pm

...I haven't laughed so much at a joke in a long time.

"I'm your biggest fan"

Classic.
A mini-skirt is like a barbed wire fence. It protects the property without obstructing the view.

My YouTube profile, has very few videos becasue those dicks at YouTube disabled my account AGAIN and I had to get a new one AGAIN
JONJONAUG
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Limax on Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:42 am

I'm having a hard time recalling, are the followers of Ailix inclined to worship idols, or is this a 'new' thought by the pope? (The Story of Moses comes to mind in regards to idols)
.__ ___ __ _... ._ _

A salted slug gathers no moss.

This post is brought to you by the number 6.
Limax
Keenspot Juggernaut

Idols?

Postby Connacek on Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:40 pm

They're not idols, they're "accessories". "Memorabilia" perhaps, or "talismans". Unless, of course, one believes as I do:
Worship The Ducky!
THEN they're idols. (Here in America, Idols are very popular. They outdrew the Grammies and have chased many cheesy sitcoms into other time slots.)

New quit message, beta version:
Connacek
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby mouse on Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:07 pm

if rubber duckies were idols, then bath time would be idling with idols.
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Return to Bruno The Bandit