Ideas, concerns, and a call to action

A warrior (Bruno) and a small dragon (Fiona) team up for fun and plunder in this fantasy comic strip.

Moderators: kmd, Ian McDonald, Limax

Postby StormRider on Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:56 pm

I've offered Ian a year's worth of webhosting with Fantastico, 4GB monthly bandwidth, 50 email addys, and other goodies. If he decides to get away from Keenspace, I'll help on that end as much as I can.

On an earlier post, someone stated that there were a lot of readers of ElfLife...Carson is struggling, too... Frankly, its' damn tough to make a living from webcomics.. GPF, User Friendly, and Sluggy Freelance are the only ones that I know that come even close to that holy grail...

John
StormRider
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Cebrail on Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:45 pm

GUcomics does it too and I think Sinfest as well.
The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled.......

Was To Convince The World He Didnt Exist....

C.F.H
Cebrail
Junior Keenspotter

Postby kmd on Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:15 am

I just wanted to post here and say that Jeff does NOT make a living off GPF. GPF makes enough money right now to sustain itself, but it certainly does not feed the cartoonists, or the cats. :wink:

Jeff is an IT worker, got laid off at the end of 2003, and had a hard time finding other contract work, so he started devoting himself full time to the comic. A few months ago he started an IT contract job, and found out that working 3 days as an IT person, he made more than he did in 3 months of doing GPF. And GPF is one of the "heavy-hitters" in the Keenspot lineup. So you can believe me when I tell you that trying to make a living at being a webcartoonists is super-tough. I'm not trying to discourage anyone, shoot, if this is your dream I think you should definitely do it. I'm just saying, it's a tough dream to achieve, and if it's something you can do while you hold down a real job to pay the bills while you wait to make it big, that's probably the best way to do it.
kmd
Extra-Dimensional Entity

Previous

Return to Bruno The Bandit