Nosferatynx?

A warrior (Bruno) and a small dragon (Fiona) team up for fun and plunder in this fantasy comic strip.

Moderators: kmd, Ian McDonald, Limax

Nosferatynx?

Postby sun tzu on Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:04 am

I'll admit I'm not too thrilled by his reappearance...I was hoping for this to be a non-fame-vampire-centered story. I mean, they were an interesting concept the first couple of times they showed up...But lately, it feels like they've taken center stage, at the detriment of Numth'kul, Archio, Maledict...
I think I can see the incentive for using the fame vampires so often - they make it easy to add commentary on the real world. But ironically, it feels like they've been over-exposed...
"The problem with History is that it can't have a happy ending." -Ouri Maler.
sun tzu
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dunlavy on Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:19 pm

Slightly agreeing w/ you on the fame vampire spiel. However, pirates are awesome.

Ian's best characters are Oswald, Maledict, Numth'Kul, Sour Ron, and, of course, Bruno. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of them, since Ian won't be doing any more "epic" storylines.
Dunlavy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby CaerBear on Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:45 am

Gotta admit though, that he looks much eviler in color >:)

I love the eyes and lightening bit in the last frame. I keep expecting him to start screaming "Its alive! ALIVE!"

I would think that my fav bits in Bruno took place in the Monster Mountains however.
Why settle for a lesser evil? Hello Cthulhu awaits...
CaerBear
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Lynn on Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:39 pm

LOL! Another friend of mine said she never imagined Nos was all that evil till she saw that panel. :)

Hey... wait... You ARE that friend!

Since the Fame Vampire part of the story is interwoven with the pirate stuff, I have no problem with how it's playing out.
Lynn
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Dunlavy on Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:12 am

Good job w/ today's coloring, Lynn.
Dunlavy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lynn on Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:45 am

Thanks. I was very happy with the first panel. Ian's artwork is nice and clean, and pretty easy to color. It's kind of a shame that you all only get to see it reduced in size so much. A lot of fine detail gets lost in the compression to fit it on the web at small size.
Lynn
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Bruno The Bandit