Tribune for 04-12

A warrior (Bruno) and a small dragon (Fiona) team up for fun and plunder in this fantasy comic strip.

Moderators: kmd, Ian McDonald, Limax

Tribune for 04-12

Postby AisA on Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:11 am

Support the death penalty? Listen...when I've had a bad start to my morning and it's crowded on the bus, and there's a kid next to me playing 50 Cent on his headphones loud enough to ensure his own deafness and enlighten everyone in a four block radius as to his musical tastes, and the civil serpent in front of me won't stop nattering on about The Amazing Race and whether or not her rose bushes are going to bloom early this year, and the ponytailed teen twit behind me has been popping gum and blathering into her cel phone for the last FIFTEEN freaking minutes, "Yeah, like, you know I'm on the bus now, and like, we just turned a corner, and like.....", then let me tell you buster, I'm one sweaty body away from not only supporting the death penalty, but actively enforcing it in as indiscriminate a manner as possible upon anyone within my reach with anything close to hand. Have you ever seen a man clubbed to death with half a baloney sandwich? Hah? Have you?

Now, I'm only suggesting an idea here....all I ask is that you not "outright reject it, but...probe it for flaws. A good bold idea will withstand any questions put to it, and in fact, may even be strengthened by testing it." I think this kind of approach should be tested. At least once. By me. I've got my half a baloney sandwich all ready.

Off kilter morning thoughts from the corporate world.
AisA
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kmd on Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:55 am

Yikes AisA! Did someone have a bad commute this morning? I've had the urge to deploy the death penalty myself, but it usually invloves my co-workers, not random people I don't know. Trust me, some days they deserve it. Well, co-workers and stupid users.
kmd
Extra-Dimensional Entity

Postby AisA on Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:43 am

I save my coworkers for the slow torture treatment. Their suffering should not be ended so easily.
I am the commuter of doom!
AisA
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Freak on Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:54 am

I read that, as Sheriff, Grover Cleveland would pull the trap himself for executions instead of delegating it to a deputy (as most other sheriffs would do).

Also, there is a long gap from when a person is convicted to the execution; according to http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/ most prisoners spend over 10 years from conviction to execution, and some have spent over 20 years; I believe a 4 year governorship is common, with a 2 term limit (while I couldn't find the Texas state constitution, the 4/2 combination is consistent with the list of governors). So the argument for more careful work by the state is weakened (it'll be some other gov by the time his appeals run out).
Freak
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Bruno The Bandit