Man, haven't been here in awhile...

A warrior (Bruno) and a small dragon (Fiona) team up for fun and plunder in this fantasy comic strip.

Moderators: kmd, Ian McDonald, Limax

Are you a dumbass?

Yes.
67%
What was the question?
33%

Total votes : 3

Man, haven't been here in awhile...

Postby Dunlavy on Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:00 am

Well, I always read Bruno once or twice a week, but I rarily go to these forums to post. Ian is desperately in need of a new site design and layout. Frames, a pop-up window for the strip... anything. The forums, links to the books, etc. should be placed near the top of the page and as icons or larger text... As it stands now, you actually have to LOOK around for things, and I can see how new visitors can come to the site, not know where things are, and take forever to even come across the forum, merchandise, etc.

I read a few of the posts on here and consequently took a trip to the Sluggy Freelance site. I couldn't stand the comic and the forum, though certainly bustling, is filled with some truly stupid people.

Oh, and BTW... which comic did Ian do?? I looked around for a few minutes and didn't see anything really done by Ian.
Dunlavy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Einar Lo on Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:30 am

He does every Saturday's comic for the last three or four months. But Sf may be an acquired taste - it helps if you can survive until the appearance of Aylee - it jumps in quality immensely after that.
Image-Einar Lo[color=#FFBB00]
Einar Lo
Keenspot Despot

Location: Cymru, Prydain (That's Wales, Great Britain, boyo!)

Postby Einar Lo on Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:31 am

By the way, didn't you see the BIG forum link near the lower-right?
Image-Einar Lo[color=#FFBB00]
Einar Lo
Keenspot Despot

Location: Cymru, Prydain (That's Wales, Great Britain, boyo!)

Postby Dunlavy on Sat May 17, 2003 1:51 am

Now that I looked, yeah, I see it [the forum graphic hyperlink]. I just feel that many links on Ian's mainpage are easily overlooked. I've read EVERY comic in the archive and never noticed the forum until I was almost two-thirds the way through.

Then again, I usually hit-up a site and then bail. I'm not one to poke around. :-) Still, most people are like this (especially one's who are visiting Bruno the Bandit for the first time). Ian might net new readers if he revamped the site a little bit.

For example, some excellent web comic sites are http://www.pvponline.com and http://www.reallifecomics.com. A visually moderate example would be Sinfest. Sinfest has a site design that's easy to navigate, has a color scheme, and doesn't rely too heavily on tables and text.

Oh well, I know Ian has his hands full producing a kick-ass comic. My point here, though, is that packaging DOES sell, and if he ever had time, he could revamp stuff and at least move his links to the top of the page or something.
Dunlavy
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Bruno The Bandit