Rothland is sooo gonna suffer.

A warrior (Bruno) and a small dragon (Fiona) team up for fun and plunder in this fantasy comic strip.

Moderators: kmd, Ian McDonald, Limax

Rothland is sooo gonna suffer.

Postby sun tzu on Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:59 am

So King Bruno is going to raise an army to attack the monsters. Who live in the Monster Mountains. Does anybody see the problem here ?
Big hint: Nietzsch once said: "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster".
Again, a nice metaphor: When America "striked back", can we really say it was doing what's right? I mean, I'll bet whatever anyone wants that in years to come, we'll be hearing horror stories about Afghanistan that the media never said a word on while it was still going on. Can you picture the Rothland Army becoming monstruous?
On another note, I have the feeling that we're due to a new appearance of Carlin. Guess it's convenient that the monsters can't hurt him (which is where the analogy whith our world ends :D ).
sun tzu
Keenspot Despot

Postby mouse on Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:14 pm

yeah....it would be nice if our world had a voice of reason people actually _listened_ to....
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby Limax on Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:25 pm

I'm waiting for the giant cockroach.
.__ ___ __ _... ._ _

A salted slug gathers no moss.

This post is brought to you by the number 6.
Limax
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Major Tom on Wed Dec 11, 2002 7:01 am

he's on vacation until after Christmas...

...can I take a message?
Major Tom
Keenspot Deity

Postby sun tzu on Mon Dec 16, 2002 12:24 am

Looks like I was right about Carlin making a new appearance. But...Bruno is Ailix's descendant?!! For crying out loud, how many VIPs does he have in his lineage?!? (Bran-At-Morn and his daughter, the crook who unseated Bran-At-Morn's daughter, Nosferatynx, Eunyce warrior-hottie, and now Ailix.)
sun tzu
Keenspot Despot

Postby Whistle on Mon Dec 16, 2002 4:37 am

[narrator]Welcome back to 'Family 'Ties''
On last episode we have discovered that Bruno is actualy a descendent of Ailix... What will happen when he finds out! Does this mean Bruno has gained yet another long lost relative... and how many more will come? Does this mean it is true! are we realy just one big family! Was there realy a Adam and Steve? stay tuned for another thrilling eppisode of 'Family 'Ties'....
--Fantasie ist wichtiger als Wissen. A.Einstein--

http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/l/a/ ... eveld.html
Whistle
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Major Tom on Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:10 am

...we must not forget -- Bruno is also directly related to 'the one armed man'...

..duh duh daaaaaaaa
Major Tom
Keenspot Deity

Postby Limax on Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:12 am

So, the one-armed man might also be descendant... so, we have fame vampires on one side, and Ailix on the other. Gasp... could it be that Bruno is the chosen one???
.__ ___ __ _... ._ _

Limax
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby XL/.VIII/IV/_/VI/VII on Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:43 pm

Is everyone related to Bruno?! Maybe his ancestor was magically changed into a microdragon, and is Fiona's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather! (Actually, that would be interesting...)
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
GCS/ L/M d- s--: --- a---- C++ P+ L W++ N- o? K- w--- O-- M++ V? PS PE Y PGP- t 5? X R+ tv-- b++++ DI+ D+ G e* h! !r
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

[url=azure.bbboy.net/niftymessageboard]My RPG Message Board[/url]
XL/.VIII/IV/_/VI/VII
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tim Tylor on Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:48 pm

This proves it. Genes are overrated.
Tim Tylor
Keenspot Despot

Postby Limax on Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:55 pm

Tim Tylor wrote:This proves it. Genes are overrated.

They are not! I swear by my jeans! If I didn't have those, I'd be pantsless!
.__ ___ __ _... ._ _

Limax
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mouse on Mon Dec 16, 2002 3:01 pm

that prospect is enough to have _all_ of us swearing by your jeans...

i keep trying to remember a line from an old 'little orphan annie' comic, about some stuck-up brat of a kid of blue-blood lineage .... something about 'his descent must be awful long, for him to be so low'

so the question is - if bruno is a descendent of ailix, will this compell him to re-examine his religious beliefs? or merely prompt construction of a second statue?
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby Limax on Mon Dec 16, 2002 3:05 pm

I'm too lazy to look it up? Was Ailix a 'human being' (as defined by the Brunoverse)?

I always thought he was a god like Zeus or someone, although Zeus did have mortal children... bad example.
.__ ___ __ _... ._ _

Limax
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mouse on Mon Dec 16, 2002 3:14 pm

ummm - does the brunoverse actually define 'human'? i mean, what with fame vampires turning into 'normal' people and people turning into monsters....and remember xantippa and livia are _sisters_ (although i suppose one or the other might have been adopted)....zeus' antics would fit right in.
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby Ian McDonald on Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:24 pm

Thought today's trip might get a reaction! :D

Anyway, to answer some of your questions and comments: Limax, Ailix was indeed once a human being. He's considered by Ailixists to be the Human embodiment of the creator of the Universe.

Mouse, Livia and Xantippa are indeed blood relatives. Livia was a human being but, for reasons yet to be explained, entered the Monster Mountains, which turned her into what she is today.

To everyone: of course Bruno gots a lot of VIP's in his lineage! It's a frickin' fantasy strip, and as you know, in any fantasy story which concentrates of some seemingly average shnook, it's always gonna turn out that the guy (or gal) in question is related to kings/heroes/gods/what-have-you! It's The Law (or it ought to be)!

Later,
Ian
Ian McDonald
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby sun tzu on Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:43 am

Hold a tic...If Bruno is Ailix's direct descendant, that implies that Ailix had children. But wasn't Ailix the brunoverse equivalent of Jesus Christ? (rethorical question)
sun tzu
Keenspot Despot

Postby mouse on Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:27 pm

sorta - but that doesn't mean his life story has to be identical to jesus'. if he is the 'human embodiment of the creator' - well, the easiest thing for a human to create is more humans....therefore, ailix had descendents.

so now is carlin going to tell bruno for real? or is this something bruno (or more likely fiona) is going to just stumble upon?

this is turning into a much more interesting story line than mere terrorism....
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby Limax on Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:34 pm

mouse wrote:this is turning into a much more interesting story line than mere terrorism....

What I'm finding even more interesting is that we've managed to stay on topic for almost an entire page.
.__ ___ __ _... ._ _

Limax
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ian McDonald on Tue Dec 17, 2002 6:59 pm

Limax wrote:What I'm finding even more interesting is that we've managed to stay on topic for almost an entire page.

Gotta be a new record! :D

Ian
Ian McDonald
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby sun tzu on Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:15 am

Okay, so Ailix could have had children. But then, what are the theologicall implications? I could be wrong, but I think that if in our world some guy (espescially a two-bit idiotic crook) was revealed to be Jesus' direct descendant, the people in the Church (espescially the catholic) would be tearing their own hair out their skull. :lol: :lol:
sun tzu
Keenspot Despot

Postby Major Tom on Wed Dec 18, 2002 9:27 am

some in the church tried to pull out some other people's hair not too long ago, for a movie that went somewhere along those lines -- if you've ever heard of the flick called "Dogma". It involved a woman who was a direct descendant of Christ's lineage...
Major Tom
Keenspot Deity

Hey, Let Bruno be King for a while!

Postby Rampantmouse on Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:13 pm

Personally, I think Bruno should stay King for a while. He's an honest hard-working criminal. Just stuff that annoying dragonet into a small box somewhere and let him get down to the work of turning his kingdom into the kind of prosperous and decadent den of inquity that will go down in Rothland history!
Rampant Mouse Medieval Latex Weaponry
For Fantasy Conventions and Live-action Roleplaying games in the U.S.
http://www.rampantmouse.com/
Rampantmouse
Junior Keenspotter

Postby mouse on Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:18 pm

i don't know about "hardworking" - as i recall, he used to spend a lot of time hanging around in taverns and getting fiona to do all the heavy lifting. still, there's something to be said for a lazy chief executive - it sort of reduced the amount of damage he does.....
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Return to Bruno The Bandit