Ella v. Bruno

A warrior (Bruno) and a small dragon (Fiona) team up for fun and plunder in this fantasy comic strip.

Moderators: kmd, Ian McDonald, Limax

Postby Major Tom on Thu Nov 07, 2002 3:12 am

Limax wrote:I guess that's to differentiate it from CRPG (Computer Roll-Playing Games) or the on-line variety... Mostly I got out of playing RPGs because there was too much argument over the rules and not enough playing.

I don't know anyhting about LARPs but that they exist -- I imagine they enjoy all the aguing and then they expect you to spend money on a costume...
Major Tom
Keenspot Deity

Postby Limax on Thu Nov 07, 2002 9:07 am

D'oh... I still misunderstood! (Oh, well) I had a friend who used to go to these D&D groups and show them how wrong they were. (i.e. A thief sneaking up on someone wearing leather armor... leather armor squeaks!) I don't think I'd want to ever do a LARP. I'd probably get hurt.
.__ ___ __ _... ._ _

A salted slug gathers no moss.

This post is brought to you by the number 6.
Limax
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Trillan on Sun Nov 10, 2002 9:52 am

Major Tom wrote:
Limax wrote:I guess that's to differentiate it from CRPG (Computer Roll-Playing Games) or the on-line variety... Mostly I got out of playing RPGs because there was too much argument over the rules and not enough playing.

I don't know anyhting about LARPs but that they exist -- I imagine they enjoy all the aguing and then they expect you to spend money on a costume...

A friend sent me a video clip of one once. It involved throwing paper balls at a guy pretending to be a troll and shouting out "Yoga fire!" a lot.

...basically, a lot like high school.
Trillan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Whistle on Tue Nov 19, 2002 10:15 am

:D Oi' Larp is cool ey... Hiding in the dark of night in a snowy forrest, waiting for the band of baaad bandits to walk by and sneaking up on the last one to backstab em is a real thrill if it works... Though I admid it was a bummer when I silently drew him into the bushes and the dud told me he was some kind of stupid undead without a bloody head *grumble*
Uhm... and wizards throwing around little balls are kinda dissapointing too... and there are a lot of cheaters... and ... uhm... :( crap... I ruined my point!
--Fantasie ist wichtiger als Wissen. A.Einstein--

http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/l/a/ ... eveld.html
Whistle
Keenspotter Supreme

Previous

Return to Bruno The Bandit