tormenting..

A warrior (Bruno) and a small dragon (Fiona) team up for fun and plunder in this fantasy comic strip.

Moderators: kmd, Ian McDonald, Limax

tormenting..

Postby surfer on Thu Sep 05, 2002 8:19 am

I have come to do it. I know nothing about this place, or this comic, and I dont think I will read any of the old ones..I have come here specifically to torment you all, especially you Antarius. Consider yourselves warned.
surfer
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Antarius on Thu Sep 05, 2002 5:49 pm

Alas, I cannot answer, as contractural obligations force me to be nice...

That said, I'd highly recommend reading the archives. It'll take a while - took me ages on a 56K modem, but was much better than the alternative!

Seriously, I loved reading through the archives - you get to see how much Ian's artwork has developed, as has his story-writing, plus it's a great humour injection. Some of the earlier stories are an absolute scream; like the "Chess" story, while the "No Offense" is not to be missed.

I was most disappointed when I had run out of archives, since I was able to read dozens of strips per day, but then had to come down to earth and read the one-per-day (at that stage) that everyone else was limitted to.

Of course, the best way to catch up is to get the books which is not only quicker, but it saves your eyes from the monitor's radiation & supports our favourite strip artist, so you get free warm fuzzies with every book!

'nuff said from me. Welcome to the Brunatics!
Antarius
Keenspot Despot

Postby mouse on Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:04 pm

you might also want to check out the forum. it has virtually nothing to do with the strip.

although - nice twist today! ella and xerxes? gee - looks like bruno and xantippa may find common ground after all!
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby Limax on Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:59 pm

mouse wrote:you might also want to check out the forum. it has virtually nothing to do with the strip.

Mouse... what forum might that be? I don't think I've seen one around here....
.__ ___ __ _... ._ _

A salted slug gathers no moss.

This post is brought to you by the number 6.
Limax
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby surfer on Fri Sep 06, 2002 2:30 pm

Okay, so I am thinking, you guys have been warned of tormenting, yet you are all being so nice, you must not take me seriously. Since I know virtually nothing about this place. How about I start with asking who Bruno is? And ella? And why does Ella want a raise? And I see that you have made quite a number of posts Antarius, whats with that? Are you in this for profit?
surfer
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Antarius on Fri Sep 06, 2002 10:17 pm

surfer wrote:Okay, so I am thinking, you guys have been warned of tormenting, yet you are all being so nice, you must not take me seriously.

I have my doubts that anything in these forums is taken too seriously... Except the "No Offense" thread, which got pretty involved and heated.

Of course, I didn't participate in that one. I felt that it would be inappropriate for me to do so.

surfer wrote:Since I know virtually nothing about this place.

Somehow I find this a little hard to believe, despite the "fox paws" in your next group of questions.

I doubt that there'd be too much troll activity on BtB's forum, so I'm guessing that you're one of the regulars (or ex-regulars) trying to have a stir. And until you can prove to me otherwise, that'll remain my opinion. :P

surfer wrote:How about I start with asking who Bruno is?

Some chap that I saw down at the pub. He's the King of Rothland, thus the "Bandit" from his title. (All country leaders are Bandit's - that's what "tax" is...)

surfer wrote:And ella?

Ah, some ex-Madonna wannabe....

surfer wrote:And why does Ella want a raise?

Good question. 'cos she's a single mum?

Fiona, OTOH, wants one for the same reason we all do... Profit!

surfer wrote:And I see that you have made quite a number of posts Antarius, whats with that? Are you in this for profit?

No, moreso for prophet. And because, like mouse, I'm a computer professional, with kids, so I have no other form of social activity...

Oh, and because I lost a bet...
Antarius
Keenspot Despot

Postby surfer on Sat Sep 07, 2002 5:23 am

I doubt that there'd be too much troll activity on BtB's forum, so I'm guessing that you're one of the regulars (or ex-regulars) trying to have a stir. And until you can prove to me otherwise, that'll remain my opinion. :P

hmmmm, and how might I go about proving otherwise? Lemme see..Nope, nothing comes to mind, maybe that alone is how I will torment...or, nah, I can find other ways. So, you met Bruno In a pub? What was he drinking? My guess, Pils. And Ella is a single mom? Are her kids in the comic too? Maybe I should look into these archives....Will the bandit hook up with the single mom? And, will the children accept their new drunken stepfather?
surfer
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby mouse on Sat Sep 07, 2002 11:27 am

Antarius wrote:Oh, and because I lost a bet...

i knew it! 'i deliver karma', indeed! i knew it was your past life (as opposed, please note, to 'past lives') haunting you! hah!
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby surfer on Sat Sep 07, 2002 4:31 pm

What bet? A chess game?
surfer
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Antarius on Wed Sep 11, 2002 6:34 pm

surfer wrote:What bet?

That Bill Clinton's successor would not be even more stupid...

surfer wrote:A chess game?

The biggest problem that I have in playing chess, is that all of the little people I kidnap for the pieces seem to run away when I'm not looking...
Antarius
Keenspot Despot

Postby Major Tom on Thu Sep 12, 2002 5:38 am

That, and the knights keep jumping the queens
Major Tom
Keenspot Deity

Postby surfer on Thu Sep 12, 2002 7:21 am

Antarius wrote:
That Bill Clinton's successor would not be even more stupid...

Hmmm, surely you did not lose that bet...maybe this is the wrong place for me to be tormenting..
surfer
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Major Tom on Thu Sep 12, 2002 7:26 am

*slowly, even ominously, closes the heavy iron-gilded door*

Creeeeeeaaak -- CHRASH

Should have thought of that, before.
Major Tom
Keenspot Deity

Postby Limax on Thu Sep 12, 2002 7:33 am

Yes, but iron rusts... give me a few years and some oxygen...
.__ ___ __ _... ._ _

A salted slug gathers no moss.

This post is brought to you by the number 6.
Limax
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby surfer on Thu Sep 12, 2002 9:44 am

Major Tom wrote:

Should have thought of that, before.

Right, too late then. So, the president is a soft spot, eh? What if I said that I think he is the one bright spot in our currently cloudy skies?
surfer
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Major Tom on Thu Sep 12, 2002 9:51 am

Like the hole in the ozone, you mean?
Major Tom
Keenspot Deity

Postby surfer on Thu Sep 12, 2002 9:56 am

Exactly like that...not all that nice in and of itself..but capable of doing great amounts of damage.
surfer
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kmd on Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:29 am

Antarius wrote:That Bill Clinton's successor would not be even more stupid...

*Great big hugs to Antarius for that statement* :D
kmd
Extra-Dimensional Entity

Postby mouse on Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:51 pm

surfer wrote:not all that nice in and of itself..but capable of doing great amounts of damage.

ooh, nice description. now if we can only fit in the role of the oil industry in creating it..... (yeah, yeah, i know - it was really fluorocarbons. hey - oil's got carbons too!)
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby Antarius on Thu Sep 12, 2002 3:29 pm

Major Tom wrote:That, and the knights keep jumping the queens

You were watching?

The worst thing was, that in the absence of any Knights in modern times, I reverted to the proverbial "Horsies."

Not a pretty sight...

surfer wrote:Hmmm, surely you did not lose that bet...maybe this is the wrong place for me to be tormenting..

Hey - I was being "nice" at the time.

Being "nice" always clouds my judgement... It's unnatural. Like Tim Tams without Coffee...

Major Tom wrote:Should have thought of that, before.

(Warning - creation of a song-title thread approaching)

"Major Tom, this is Ground Control." (David Bloody Bowie)
"Show now mercy..." (Mark Williams, and more recently, a completely different song with the same name, by Slayer)

Limax wrote:Yes, but iron rusts... give me a few years and some oxygen...

You've been getting Oxygen?! You lucky, lucky bugger!

That's gotta stop. We're not that nice down here... (We all float down here...)

surfer wrote:Right, too late then. So, the president is a soft spot, eh? What if I said that I think he is the one bright spot in our currently cloudy skies?

"Soft in the head" would have been more appropriate.

As for "cloudy skies?" I'm assuming that you're referring to the "mushroom cloud" right now, no?

Major Tom wrote:Like the hole in the ozone, you mean?

Nah; that's a hole in our skies. You know - us poor bastards down this way, who are frying from the damage done by you buggers up there!

kmd wrote:*Great big hugs to Antarius for that statement*

:D Ta muchly. It was a silly bet...

mouse wrote:ooh, nice description. now if we can only fit in the role of the oil industry in creating it..... (yeah, yeah, i know - it was really fluorocarbons. hey - oil's got carbons too!)

Go hydrogen!

You know what gets my goat? (Hey - I am a Mason...)

The whole Freon-12 (R-12) thing. I was working in the industry when the big anti-R-12 crap was happening, and it caused a lot of problems. (The anti-R-12 campaign.)

It was claimed that R-12 was Ozone Depleting and thus evil. R-22 was also classified under the same banner, but less harmful, so was to be phased out by 2030 (now 2012).

In reality, the thing that had the *slightest* ODP was the chlorine content of the gas - which was negligible!

The whole thing happened because DuPont's (best known for killing us all) patent was running out & they no longer would have exclusivity for the gas.

What better way to protect profits, than by making up a crisis?!

Of course, if Chlorine is a problem, then when are we going to ban backyard swimming pools? I reckon I could let off a bullet of R12 (1 tonne) and it would do less damage than 1 public swimming pool would in a month!
Antarius
Keenspot Despot

Postby surfer on Thu Sep 12, 2002 3:43 pm

Antarius wrote:You know what gets my goat?

the Knights?
surfer
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Antarius on Thu Sep 12, 2002 4:23 pm

Templar, or otherwise?
Antarius
Keenspot Despot

Return to Bruno The Bandit