Keenspot problems?

A warrior (Bruno) and a small dragon (Fiona) team up for fun and plunder in this fantasy comic strip.

Moderators: kmd, Ian McDonald, Limax

Postby Kilo24 on Sat Apr 06, 2002 8:05 pm

Anyone else been experiencing several minute delays when browsing the forums?
I am, therefore I are.
Kilo24
Kilo24
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby mouse on Mon Apr 08, 2002 2:49 pm

try more like half an hour+ - this is really making me insane on gpf - the story is depressing, and i can't even get on the forum to see what everyone else thinks.
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby Ian McDonald on Mon Apr 08, 2002 5:51 pm

The slowness of the Message Boards is a nuisance, and on behalf of the Keenspot Krew, I apologize for any inconvenience. 'Tis part of the growing pains from switching from UltimateBB to PhpBB (why they switched, I ain't entirley sure, but supposedly to improve service, which I'm sure there will be, once the bugs in the system get swatted). Hope you'll bear with us, folks. Things'll be back to normal soon enough!

Later,
Ian
Ian McDonald
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Antarius on Mon Apr 08, 2002 10:04 pm

Yup, apparantly there was a switch for a faster server with a more featured messageboard.

The latter is definitely here & I love it!

The former was there for the first day or so, then things changed again. From memory, the IP address is different, so perhaps the forums were thrown onto a different box.

(Did Microsoft show them the way out?) http://www.wehadthewayout.com

Since the second update (When things went "black" by default) the boards usability has dropped dramatically. There is a huge lag and latency, many database errors and on several occassions it just does not play ball in the slightest.

(I tried to reply well before Ian did, but kept getting timed out.)

I was praying that it'll revert back to the other box soon! :grin:

Of course, the major other problem is that they reformatted the final posts (that I am going to make) on the "Post Man" thread, so that my 'Last Post' on page 2 and 'First Post' on page 3 was reformatted to the same spots on pages 4 and 5... This has clearly undervalued my posts and I feel completely ripped off and have contacted my solicitors. :lol:

Another problem that many will note is the strange old messages popping up from 2001 and 2000 as some of the newest messages... Queer stuff.

Software changes seem to never go flawlessly. My advice, (not that it is worth much) would be to sit back and wait (im)patiently. The public lynching of all responsible is scheduled for April 15th, so let's hope it is sorted by then, otherwise it'll never get sorted... :grin:

Hmmm, Netcraft shows that it is running Linux and Apache. (And it changed on April 1st... Maybe this is an April Fools joke that has been taken too far... You know, like Windows as an Operating System?)

Hmmm, maybe pHpNuke on a Linux/Unix box would be a better choice... thinks: "Oh Ghod, now I'm gonna start an OS war..."

Cheers,

Antarius
Antarius
Keenspot Despot

Return to Bruno The Bandit