Brutal Blade Feedback

A warrior (Bruno) and a small dragon (Fiona) team up for fun and plunder in this fantasy comic strip.

Moderators: kmd, Ian McDonald, Limax

Brutal Blade Feedback

Postby AisA on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:29 am

I hope Ian doesn't mind me hijacking his forum once again, but I think it's for a good reason. I'm looking for comments on the first volume of "Brutal Blade of Bruno the Bandit" from anyone who's read it. Whether you bought the Limited Edition, the print edition through Amazon, or downloaded the book through one of our digital distributors, I'd like to know what you think. Comments on the book? What was good about it? What was bad about it? What could be better?
How was your user experience with the site you got it from? Did you have a problem with one of the distributors' websites, or with their service? Is there another service we could/should be using? Do you think digital downloads are a good/bad idea?
Anything at all, I want to hear what you have so day (and I haven't asked, but I'm going to guess that Ian does too). Please leave your comments, praise, criticisms and and flaming rhetoric in a reply to the post.

Thanks, and have a nice day.
Dominic
http://www.aimcomics.com
More Bruno the Bandit at www.aimcomics.com!
AisA
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Brutal Blade Feedback

Postby kmd on Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:04 am

I got my copy, but I don't have any real constructive feedback, except that it looks fantastic, I love it, and am really enjoying it! So, yay!
kmd
Extra-Dimensional Entity

Postby Atreides Dude on Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:13 am

I really enjoyed the book! I can't wait for the next issue of TBBoBtB. However, I don't like the fact that there is no spine title. What happened?
Atreides Dude
Junior Keenspotter

Postby AisA on Thu May 12, 2011 11:59 am

Kmd, glad you like it. I was really aiming to please the longtime fans with this book, so it's good to know that I have in some way succeeded.

Atreides Dude...I'm working on the next issue now, lining up guest artists and such. It will be ready sometime in the summer is all I can say right now.
The book was originally designed with a spine title, but Createspace would not print it that way. Apparently the book was not thick enough to allow them to print the information on the spine, so it had to be left blank. I suppose that may argue the need to do an "Essential" sized edition at some point.
More Bruno the Bandit at www.aimcomics.com!
AisA
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Bruno The Bandit