Bruno getting back to the roots?

A warrior (Bruno) and a small dragon (Fiona) team up for fun and plunder in this fantasy comic strip.

Moderators: kmd, Ian McDonald, Limax

Bruno getting back to the roots?

Postby Counterclockwise on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:46 am

It really seems like you're trying hard to give it an old time feel, Ian!

I mean, the blatant re-start, the shocking revelations of a new character, the politics, (Replace Quebec Separatism with gay marriage).
Counterclockwise
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Bruno getting back to the roots?

Postby Ian McDonald on Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:40 pm

It is indeed a return of sorts to "Old-School Bruno", CCW! What can I say, I have missed having Bruno and Fiona on the street as a two-bit hood and his sidekick (or at least, Bruno's attempts at same). But is this a permanent change? i.e. Will Bruno go back to his "rise to power", though he has at the moment sworn off that lifestyle? Wait and see... :wink:

I am a little surprised that more of you haven't had something to say over Tito coming out of the closet. Man, you Brunatics are a tough bunch to stir up some times!! :-?
Ian McDonald
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Counterclockwise on Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:49 am

Frankly, I'm not altogether surprised.

I was thinking that you were going to introduce some kind of politics back in, and unless you made Tito ultra-conservative, gay was the only other really topical politics you could bring up.

I imagine you could have a field day, casting Stephen Harper in the comic. these days. Raising the age of consent, (he's aiming for 21, now, apparently), trying to destroy women's equity in the workplace, copyright laws favouring only the large, greedy corporations, publicly announcing that he is anti net-neutrality, working on re-criminalizing abortion . . . .

To top it off, he'll probably legalize gay marriage just so he can say that he's an open minded fellow, not like the bigots calling him a douchebag.
Counterclockwise
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ZeroZeroOne on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:49 pm

OK, Ian. I'll Bite!

As a Fundamentalist, Bible-thumping, Born-again Christian, I find your humor just plain awful!

Awful funny, that is. :lol:

Um... I guess that wasn't really the reaction you were looking for, huh?

Anyway, I'm still around. Still a Fundamentalist, still reading Bruno. Go figure.
ZeroZeroOne
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Ian McDonald on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:07 pm

Couldn't be happier to have you aboard, ZeroZeroOne! :D

If you're still reading in spite of not agreeing with everything in BTB, more props to ya! If you're enjoying my strip, that is indeed the reaction I want!
Ian McDonald
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ZeroZeroOne on Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:40 am

You know, I'd be reading a lot of nothing if I stuck with only those things I agreed with 100%.

Now your take on Gay Marriage.... I certainly wouldn't have thought of "forced" marriage. There are several levels of social commentary in that idea.

So for me, Bruno "getting back to the roots" means more of this sort of satire, not just Bruno becoming a street thug again. It's been there throughout the last storyline but just not at this level for a while, I think.
ZeroZeroOne
Junior Keenspotter

Postby mouse on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:23 am

clearly, i need to learn more about canadian politics; i had no idea gay marriage was an issue there, too. i am highly amused by this take on it, however - wonder if we could get some of the anti-gay-marriage types here in california to look at it from that perspective....(what would you charge for us to put up a few of those billboards around here?)
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby Ian McDonald on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:56 pm

mouse wrote:clearly, i need to learn more about canadian politics; i had no idea gay marriage was an issue there, too. i am highly amused by this take on it, however - wonder if we could get some of the anti-gay-marriage types here in california to look at it from that perspective....(what would you charge for us to put up a few of those billboards around here?)

I think you'd find my rates to be very reasonable! :D
Ian McDonald
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Counterclockwise on Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:24 am

Gya marriage with us, was simply resolved, and it was only a few conservative assholes in mid-west and central Canada that wanted to ban it altogether.

Currently, gays can enter civil unions, (marriages legalized by the gov't), freely, but whether they can be married-married, (as in, legal by the church), depends on your church & minister.

Most Canadians are happy with that result.
Counterclockwise
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Bruno The Bandit