Grinch, Dressing & Gravy?

A warrior (Bruno) and a small dragon (Fiona) team up for fun and plunder in this fantasy comic strip.

Moderators: kmd, Ian McDonald, Limax

Grinch, Dressing & Gravy?

Postby Freak on Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:06 am

So how was the audience response?
Freak
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Grinch, Dressing & Gravy?

Postby Ian McDonald on Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:02 pm

Quite good, thanks for asking! I took my sister and girlfriend to see the show just before Christmas. The place was packed, and it didn't take the crowd too long to get in to it! They laughed at most (though not all) of my jokes. Often, the jokes I figured would get a big laugh got a slight response, whereas some of what I considered my lesser jokes had the audience in stitches! I wonder if that's the same for Bruno some times?

I gotta give all the credit to Spirit of Newfoundland!! The cast and crew did a fantabulicious job with the script. What changes they did make to the script were improvements, and a number of times throughout the night I found myself thinking "Damn! Why didn't I write that?"

If you live in Newfoundland, or are just visiting, you owe it to yourself to check out a Spirit of Newfoundland show... especially if I had a hand in it! :D I'm hoping they'll have some video for Grinch, Dressing & Gravy posted on YouTube some day soon. If they do, I'll be sure to let y'all know about it! In the meantime, they have a channel on YouTube, which you can check out here. Enjoy!
Ian McDonald
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Grinch, Dressing & Gravy?

Postby Arantor on Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:15 pm

Ian, for those of us that can't make it out to Canada to see, would it be possible to post the script online somewhere for us to read (in lieu of seeing a YouTube video of it)?
Arantor
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Bruno The Bandit