BtB 19 december 2008

A warrior (Bruno) and a small dragon (Fiona) team up for fun and plunder in this fantasy comic strip.

Moderators: kmd, Ian McDonald, Limax

BtB 19 december 2008

Postby Counterclockwise on Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:08 am

Well, I'm thinking that Bruno is going to trick his cousin into taking his place for a few days while Bruno waits for his cousin to start liking being the overboss.
And Teto will trade places with Bruno for a day, because he wants to convince Bruno to being a normal thug again.

That, or Ian just finished reading The Prince and The Pauper.
Counterclockwise
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: BtB 19 december 2008

Postby Arantor on Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:52 am

Either that, or perhaps it's coming full circle and Bruno actually wants to become a thief again on a more permanent basis.

The idea of revisiting the starting point, and having stories that flow around the earliest plots is something that has been seen in several of the longest-established comics, actually, and I would probably have been surprised had we not had something along these lines.

Yes, democracy has been established, and it has to be some greater plan of the Bluebird and Xu'buxx. But the tables are going to turn and Carlin is going to help out, more of the issues we saw around the time of the resolution from The Seven Deadly Sins, and later Bruno's Queen.

I think Bruno is discovering that power and wealth don't grant the freedom to enjoy it as thoroughly as it would seem, and that perhaps, he's due for a break from that, and so it goes from Bruno wanting power, wealth and to be (in)famous, through being King, through becoming powerful but not actually enjoying the fruits of the labour of it, and thus he feels unfulfilled and perhaps then the boom turns to bust.
Arantor
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby qwerts on Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:56 pm

:shifty:
Currently being Mean to YOU.
qwerts
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby mouse on Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:21 pm

except we've got the bluebird in the mix. i don't think he's going to let bruno go back to the simple life until he gets whatever it is he wants.
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Return to Bruno The Bandit