Hey, do we have enough people for a game of mafia?

A warrior (Bruno) and a small dragon (Fiona) team up for fun and plunder in this fantasy comic strip.

Moderators: kmd, Ian McDonald, Limax

Hey, do we have enough people for a game of mafia?

Postby Counterclockwise on Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:04 am

Mafia, for those who don't know, is a game where you have townies and mafia.

During each day cycle, everyone votes to lynch, (kill), one person, with a simple majority required to lynch.
During each night cycle, the mafia decide who to kill.

The townies have no idea who the mafia are, or even how many there are, while the mafia know who the other mafia are.

The townies win when all the threats to the town are eliminated. (ie: all the mafia are dead)
The mafia win when they outnumber the town. (because they can take their sweet time, lynching people and killing people as they wish)

There are any number of roles that can be added, like the cop, (investigates one person per night and gains the verdict guilty or innocent), or the doctor, (blocks one person each night, and that person can't be night-killed).
In a closed setup, no one knows what roles are there, so there might not even be mafia, just some other threat to the town.

It's been spreading to all my other boards lately, and I'm sure Ian would love to join in, so why not here? Making one based on the BtB universe would probably be fun, if we could get => 7 players here.
(I'll be mod, of course).

I think Ian might like it in particular for the number of posts it usually creates . . . on one of my other boards, the topic has reached 999 posts, (exactly), going into the third "day".
(one day cycle might take upto a month, to give everyone a chance to reply and talk)

So, who's interested?
Counterclockwise
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Hey, do we have enough people for a game of mafia?

Postby Arantor on Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:57 pm

I've played various versions of it with different themes, so count me in!
Arantor
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Bruno The Bandit