Comic of the Week: Bruno!

A warrior (Bruno) and a small dragon (Fiona) team up for fun and plunder in this fantasy comic strip.

Moderators: kmd, Ian McDonald, Limax

Comic of the Week: Bruno!

Postby Arantor on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:02 am

Hey everyone,
As you may know, last week I started doing a "Comic of the Week" column, reviewing each of the comics covered on WordOwl.

And this week it's Bruno's turn: http://www.wordowl.com/blog/archives/264

(Plus it gets promoted on the front page of WordOwl.com)

Every little helps, right?
Arantor
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Comic of the Week: Bruno!

Postby AisA on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:40 am

Nice writeup. Good analysis of the strip. You really should have included an image, though for readers of your page who aren't familiar with the strip. I'm sure Ian wouldn't mind letting you use a pic of Bruno, would you Ian?
More Bruno the Bandit at www.aimcomics.com!
AisA
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Arantor on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:46 am

I hadn't thought about that, actually. I just kind of rattled off both this, and the previous (regarding Flat Feet & High Heels) articles. Including pictures just didn't occur to me.

Although I'm not sure which picture would work best, be it an individual strip (and which one - there are too many good ones to choose from) or a picture of Bruno and Fiona of some kind. Perhaps the previous "Wanna advertise here?" banner with Bruno and Fiona?
Arantor
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ian McDonald on Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:50 pm

Thanks for a wonderful article, Arantor! You are certainly free to use any Bruno-related image (comic or otherwise) to include with said article!
Ian McDonald
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby AisA on Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:34 am

Arantor wrote:Although I'm not sure which picture would work best, be it an individual strip (and which one - there are too many good ones to choose from) or a picture of Bruno and Fiona of some kind. Perhaps the previous "Wanna advertise here?" banner with Bruno and Fiona?

Any of Ian's T-shirts designs would work, I think, or the cover from any of his collections. Something iconic and colorful.
AisA
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Arantor on Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:19 pm

After a long think about this I eventually went for the "Jumping" logo from one of the t-shirts. It just seems to cover everything - Bruno stealing from King Xerxes, Fiona in tow, but just too late pointing out that it is all going to fall down badly...

Ian, thanks for letting me use a picture. I just wish I'd got this all sorted sooner, then it would have been on Monday when the article was published.
Arantor
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby AisA on Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:41 am

Looks good. Ian needs to do more pinup work.
AisA
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Bruno The Bandit