BtB Board Game

A warrior (Bruno) and a small dragon (Fiona) team up for fun and plunder in this fantasy comic strip.

Moderators: kmd, Ian McDonald, Limax

BtB Board Game

Postby Counterclockwise on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:32 am

Heh, I was hoping for a more RPG orientated game, but it sounds fun to play, nevertheless!

Course, that all depends on the actual actions of the cards.
Counterclockwise
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: BtB Board Game

Postby Arantor on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:38 am

The only trouble with making it RPG-like is that to do it justice you need it to be pretty comprehensive to the world, so you'd find it would be quicker/more thorough to create the characters etc. in something like D&D or a generic d20 system.

I am looking forward to the board game too though.
Arantor
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: BtB Board Game

Postby Counterclockwise on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:47 am

Actually, now that I know that it isn't an RPG, I'm making a template with the SUPER system, a locally made RPG making system make specifically for absurd or anime type situations, to make a BtB template. It isn't that far from anime, and shares the most important aspects, so the system, in theory, works well to emulate a BtB scenario.

The reasons I'm using the SUPER system, which is quite the weird choice, are:
A) It's absurdly simple to balance any given scenario, and character creation takes 30 minutes with people who've never encountered the system before.
(SUPER has become my favourite RPG system for this aspect alone.)

B) It rewards characters for getting into trouble instead of out of trouble.
(Which is why I gave it a chance in the first place. What better way to encourage proper roleplaying?)

C) I'm trying to suggest improvements or changes to the SUPER system, and making templates is the easiest way to see weaknesses or deficiencies in the system without playtesting, which I'm also doing.
Counterclockwise
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Bruno The Bandit