After hundreds of hours of work...

A warrior (Bruno) and a small dragon (Fiona) team up for fun and plunder in this fantasy comic strip.

Moderators: kmd, Ian McDonald, Limax

After hundreds of hours of work...

Postby Arantor on Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:23 pm

I can finally announce that every strip in Bruno's archive has been transcribed for searching.

My Bruno data file which contains all the data from the strip is a shade under 3MB (2,941,939 bytes), containing the data for all 1,962 canon strips and 152 bonus/filler/non-canon strips.

As I write this message, the data is just being transmitted now...

And on this note, it's 3.23am here in England so I really should go to bed but I have a couple of chores to do first. Good night all!!
Arantor
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: After hundreds of hours of work...

Postby Counterclockwise on Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:27 pm

Grats!

Glad to hear you're done!

And thanks! ^_^
Counterclockwise
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby mouse on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:29 am

congratulations!
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby Ian McDonald on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:31 am

Pete/Arantor, I can't thank you enough for all the hard work you put in to transcribe all my strips to the WordOwl search engine! I am truly humbled by your dedication in helping to make Bruno more accessible to the readers! Truly thou art a Brunatic of the First Order! :D Everyone, raise their :rootbeer: to toast Arantor's accomplishment!!
Ian McDonald
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Arantor on Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:51 pm

Thanks, Ian!

But seriously though, I know it's taken at least 300 hours of straight transcriptions, not to mention all of the editing, testing, formatting and everything that happened, but I am more humbled by the number of hours you've put in, writing, drawing and inking Bruno over the last 10 years. I feel like a Johnny-come-lately to the party.

I still need to review strips 1-970 though, since I didn't add support for bold or italics until then, so I'll need to review them soon to keep them consistent.
Arantor
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Bruno The Bandit